Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We have chosen not to
#2 of 32 Old 10-14-2005, 01:24 PM

I can't wait to find out! It's my first, and I just want to sort of develop as concrete a relationship as possible from as early as possible - pick out names, talk to him/her by name, read up on stuff, you know. I'm a very self-identified feminist, and it's weird, a lot of my girlfriends are like "what if you have a boy?" kind of in mock horror. Duh! I'll love him and cherish him and raise him to be a sensitive male, just like his papa! But I wouldn't mind reading up more on boy stuff, if that's what we end up having.

We haven't decided yet if we will tell everyone else though! I am very, very wary of the pink and blue brigade.

I salute those of you who are waiting! I'm one of those people that peeks at christmas presents. I am verrrrry impatient! :LOL

Chessa , mama to Silas T (6/06) , wife to Chad . Welcome August Emerson! 2/8/10
#3 of 32 Old 10-14-2005, 01:29 PM

Yes I too am one of those that needs to know! It took several ultrasounds last time for Lil'bit to identify herself (I had several due to health reasons, NOT due to wanting to know) I hope this one is a little more cooperative. I have a feeling it might be a boy, so who knows! Im just a real big planner. Im not a big fan of "gender nuetral" clothes, some to me are either too girl or too boy looking....so yeah, I have a need to know!
#4 of 32 Old 10-14-2005, 04:33 PM

I'm horrible with secrets. I open presents early, read the end of the book first, and check out plot spoilers before going to the mivies. So I have to know. :LOL

Mom of 3 (Evan, Trey, Saffron ) Blogs at findingsummer.com
#5 of 32 Old 10-14-2005, 06:53 PM

I'm the same as you ladies. I have to find out. I already have to wait 9 months for the little bug that I want to know all the other secrects that I can. I'm hoping for a boy, but the dh wants twins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#6 of 32 Old 10-14-2005, 07:17 PM

our first was a suprise and we found out with our second. We still haven't made up our minds yet but my guess is we will probably end up finding out.
#7 of 32 Old 10-14-2005, 07:30 PM

We can not wait to find out!
#8 of 32 Old 10-14-2005, 07:39 PM

Nope! We didn't with the first two either and won't with any others that come our way. My dh always says it's like knowing the ending score of a ballgame before sitting down to watch it - yea, you might still be interesting in watching it, but the excitement is gone. So, we'll find out in June (or the end of May if little bean comes a day or two early).

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#9 of 32 Old 10-14-2005, 07:42 PM

I want to find out but I don't think we will tell anyone.

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif
#10 of 32 Old 10-14-2005, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeta
I I am very, very wary of the pink and blue brigade.
We did not find out last time even though I wanted to but I would have blabbed to DH so I could not find out. I might be able to talk him into it but I doubt it.

I on the other hand- love buying girlie girl stuff almost as much as my mom. My DD wore pink every single day of her life until she was a little over 1 and she received a blue dress. That was weird. The funny thing- I'm a feminist too but love to be a girly girl.

My bil & sil went out of their way NOT to dress their dd in pink. It was amusing if anything.

It would be fun to see if I need to buy anything else yet. I have plenty of girl stuff and I gave away a good portion of it. Now they will be exactly 4 years apart. I would love to do twin dresses or sew ones with the same pattern...

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#11 of 32 Old 10-14-2005, 08:39 PM

We didn't find out with DD & I think we won't find out this time either. I could be persuaded, but DH LOVES surprises.

L

ribboncesarean.gif   vbac.gif  My kids jammin.gif  

#12 of 32 Old 10-14-2005, 09:48 PM

I love a good surprise, but have trouble being patient.. so thats why idon't want to know. This will be the biggest surprise of my life, and i want to enjoy everysecond of it.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#13 of 32 Old 10-14-2005, 09:59 PM

Good question! We found out with all 3 of ours, even though I swore I didn't want to know with the first (once I knew the u/s tech knew, I couldn't stand it). I said after I had one of each, I wouldn't find out again so after 2 girls and then a boy, here we are. I really don't want to find out and dh CANNOT stand it, but he may just have to. The other day at the OB's office, there was a couple in there for their 20 week u/s and they were not planning to find out. We saw them again after their u/s (and they didn't find out), but dh couldn't stand not knowing what THEY were having. Can't imagine how fun he will be this time around! LOL

Nichole, mama to 6 blue-eyed babies, LCCE, doula, apprentice mw
#14 of 32 Old 10-15-2005, 12:51 AM

We're not gonna find out. I know too many people it was wrong for...

--K knit.gifluxlove.gif = dsd '01, ds1 '01, ds2 '03, dd1 '06, dd2 '09 grouphug.gif

#15 of 32 Old 10-15-2005, 02:46 AM

I didn't find out for my previous two babies......... but I think curiousity may get the best of me this time. I haven't completely decided........ but I think I may try to find out. I hate waiting so long!!!
#16 of 32 Old 10-15-2005, 07:57 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Nope! We didn't with ds and although it was very hard not to, the moment that they said "it's a boy" when he was born was like a dream. There is a huge part of me that wants to know though

homeschooling, earth loving Mama to 3 crazy, wonderful boys, ages 10 & 7, & 3 mos.,3 spirit babies                                Inch by inch, row by row.  Gonna make this garden grow  
#17 of 32 Old 10-15-2005, 11:59 PM

We chose not to find out with our first & it was so wonderful to hear those 3 magic words *It's a ....*. We also had 3 U/S with the pregnancy. We won't find out with this baby either. It drives my sister absolutely nuts, but I love the thrill of not knowing

Mary

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#18 of 32 Old 10-17-2005, 12:04 PM

we didn't find out the 1st time & while I don't regret it - I think we might find out this time. We both would be happy either way, but since we know we are only having 2 & we are moving shortly after the baby will be born - it would be nice to know what to save & what to get rid of...not the most romantic reason in the world...just practical :LOL
#19 of 32 Old 10-17-2005, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray's Mommy
We chose not to find out with our first & it was so wonderful to hear those 3 magic words *It's a ....*. We also had 3 U/S with the pregnancy. We won't find out with this baby either. It drives my sister absolutely nuts, but I love the thrill of not knowing

Mary
:LOL With ds#2 and then with this little bean, my MIL has said, "I guess you aren't going to find out this time either, are you?" It drives her BONKERS!!! (We love it too! )

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#20 of 32 Old 10-17-2005, 02:17 PM

Yes, if possible. Mainly just because I have to get dd a big girl bed and what this baby is will determine the type of bed dd gets. If it's another girl they will be sharing a room, if it's a boy dd will have her own room. If I can't find out it won't be that big of a deal though. If it's a boy he may just be wearing some girly clothes until I get some boy stuff. I did find out with dd.
#21 of 32 Old 10-17-2005, 04:43 PM

I don't want to find out this time. We did not with our first two, and did with our last two. It was mainly convience, I had got rid of my boy stuff after my first, so my second I have nothing anyway. WIth my third I had all girl stuff, so we found out. Another girl, so more girl stuff. FOund out wuth the fourth, and he was a boy, so now we are good for any sex! This one will be a surprise!

~C~
#22 of 32 Old 10-20-2005, 07:06 PM

We're finding out, but we will not tell others. We talked about it, and decided it will make it feel more real once we can refer to the baby with a real name. But I don't want to do some pink or blue nursery or anything. Not our style.
#23 of 32 Old 10-20-2005, 07:34 PM

Nope! We like surprises And I honestly don't care. Yep, a girl would be fun, because I like pink but I just love my little boys too, so either way is ok with me.
#24 of 32 Old 10-20-2005, 07:38 PM

We're going to find out.
We've always agreed that until we had at least one girl and one boy we would find out. I cannot stand surpises and I would have myself worked into a tizzy if I didn't know. I'm a crazy planner and not being able to plan would make me crazy
#25 of 32 Old 10-22-2005, 04:06 PM

I'm not going to find out!! But DH is. LOL

I do not want to find out but he wants to and as of right now is planning on finding out so we'll see how this works out!

We found out with DD and that was nice since she was our first to "prepare" for things but we have everything we need this time around so I don't want to!!!
#26 of 32 Old 10-22-2005, 04:26 PM

I can't stand secrets and want to know...but, there is a small side of me that would love to take part in this surprise.
#27 of 32 Old 10-23-2005, 10:04 PM

ITA, Jo. It would be nice to have a surprise but there is no way I could do it. I'm convinced one is a girl. I know it somewhere deep inside of me and it is probably that same place that told me I was having more than 1. In all honestly, I would like to have 1 girl, I boy and 1 surprise. That way I could have everyhting! :LOL

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif
#28 of 32 Old 10-25-2005, 02:49 PM

Well, we were TTC a girl (Shettle's Method) and we have two boys that keep asking for a little sister. So, we're going to find out this time.

I'm excited, I know I will love the bun no matter what gender, but this time I want to know ahead of the birth since we feel like we have a little at stake emotionally about it.

This will probably be the last babe, and unlike my aunt, I am not going to have 6 kids before I give up trying to have a girl!!! LOL

Mom to : DS1 (11), DS2 (8), DD3 (4), : DS4 (1), and : : :
#29 of 32 Old 10-25-2005, 09:51 PM

i told myself i wouldn't find out... we found out with ds but this time i felt i would go into it without knowing, so i wouldn't be upset if it's one versus the other... but i think i finally came to terms with the whole, wanting the other sex thing and i am okay either way. but if it is a girl, i don't want anyone buying pink so that maybe it's best not to know, KWIM?

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#30 of 32 Old 10-27-2005, 04:41 PM

We're planning on finding out if we're having a boy or girl. I can't imagine having a baby being less thrilling because we know about the baby's plumbing in advance.

Besides, I'm a major planner, and DH is a bit conservative, so the sex will determine how I'm "allowed" to decorate the nursery. Nothing froo-froo in a boy's room, you know?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page