ok, not funny, who else is about ready for maternity clothes? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-25-2005, 10:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnittingKara
I read somewhere that my uterus is the size of a tangerine right now and lets face it: there isn't room for me AND a tangerine in my normal pants, so "fat pants" it is
i'm a raspberry this week! i am starting to feel like a "look" pregnant without the clothes but i can still hide it with the clothes.... my pouch is showing

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2005, 03:13 PM

So far I can still wear my regular clothes. I lost 20lbs over the summer, though, so I have lots of roomier jeans to grow into before I pull out the maternity
Old 11-01-2005, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhagen
I think I'm only around 4 weeks, but I'm definitely not fitting in my pants already.
I grow massive babies and I'm very petite, so it doesn't take much.
This is totally me. I'm about 8 weeks along, but I look to be at least 5 months! I've abandoned all jeans and wear only yoga pants and sweat pants. And I am very ready to pull down the box of maternity clothes (most of which are summery...). Guess I'll be spending some moolah on some clothes soon

Mom to : DS1 (11), DS2 (8), DD3 (4), : DS4 (1), and : : :
Old 11-01-2005, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cymbeline
Guess I'll be spending some moolah on some clothes soon
Anyone interested in doing some swapping of maternity clothes? I have some stuff from last time that I was thinking of consigning (given to me & just not what I wanted, or wore it too much last time & NEVER WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN!) All of the stuff I have is in good shape...I could just take it over to the Trading Post, but I thought I'd see if anyone here was interested first. I am NOT really interested in selling - I'd rather swap, so PM me if you are interested, want pictures, etc.

Most of it is size S or M, but there is one gorgeous top that is L that just never fit me right.

Kate
Old 11-01-2005, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraboosMama
Anyone interested in doing some swapping of maternity clothes? I have some stuff from last time that I was thinking of consigning (given to me & just not what I wanted, or wore it too much last time & NEVER WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN!) Most of it is size S or M, but there is one gorgeous top that is L that just never fit me right.
Kate
I'm into the idea--except I don't have much for swapping! Unless you need something else...? We're about to move, so I have a ton of stuff hanging out and marked for garage saling. Let me know if there is anything else you might want/need...

Mom to : DS1 (11), DS2 (8), DD3 (4), : DS4 (1), and : : :
Old 11-01-2005, 11:58 PM

Fortunately or unfortunately, depending on how you look at it, my body shape hasn't changed much - I've always carried my weight in my hips and lower abdomen. More than one person in years past has asked how far along I was! (This is my first pregnancy).

Still and all, I'm finding myself extremely unwilling to confine the pouch much. Slouchy pants and loose-fitting sweaters have been the norm for the past couple weeks and will probably continue to be for the forseeable future.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:20 PM

I've noticed that I can't do the thin elastic waistband anymore. It just cuts accross my belly and I feel like it is cutting off all the circulation. The fact that the pants are 1-2 sizes too big doesn't seem to matter...I need the wide elastic. I've actually cut the elastic out of a couple pair of pants.

They have at Old Navy, velour pants with a big wide smocked waistband. They look so comfortable. I need to call my local store and see if they have them or order them. They are something like $16.

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif
Old 11-02-2005, 04:58 PM

Ugh. At only 8 weeks, and even though the scale says I'm losing weight, I have to walk around all day with my jeans undone. Luckily I do in-home daycare to a pair of young girls so they don't mind.

I've got a couple pairs of jeans, but as we've not told anyone yet about the pregnancy it might raise a few eyebrows if i show up one morning in maternity pants.

I need to get a bunch of really long t-shirts so I can undo my pants and no one will know.

Mom of 3 (Evan, Trey, Saffron ) Blogs at findingsummer.com
Old 11-02-2005, 08:45 PM

OMG, I'm so glad to see this thread. I am wearing a maternity shirt today. I bought this expensive shirt when I was pg with DD and it didn't fit : . So I'm wearing it today! And I was thinking about buying some under the belly jeans this weekend.

I feel so bloated and my belly feels bigger. DH says I look beautiful, but I feel fat!
Old 11-02-2005, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisap
I feel so bloated and my belly feels bigger. DH says I look beautiful, but I feel fat!
What a good husband!!

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif

User Tag List