ok, not funny, who else is about ready for maternity clothes? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 40 Old 10-14-2005, 05:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I'm only 5 weeks and i'm now having to unbutton my "fat pants" when I sit down and this morning while getting dressed I ran into the bathroom with just a shirt and panties on and you could clearly see my stomach under my shirt already I swear, there better not be triplets in there!

Seriously?
#2 of 40 Old 10-14-2005, 05:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I hear ya! I am in maternity jeans today. My other pants dig when I sit down and just aren't comfy. My husband is laughing at me.... 5 weeks and maternity pants and his t-shirts. I was like this in my other two pregnancies as well, so I am not surprised
Oh, and my other kids ended up only being 5lb10oz and 6lb8oz.... so I am sure I am not growing a supersized one either
Erika

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

#3 of 40 Old 10-14-2005, 07:43 PM

Yep, I'm 7 weeks today, though I've been living in yoga pants for the last 1 1/2 weeks or so. I actually bought some under-the-belly "true waist" pants but they are still a bit big on me, so I tie a thin scarf through the belt loops to hold them up. I've already cleared out my regular pants from the closet and started pulling out some maternity stuff, though I'm not getting out any full-belly stuff for a while ... I like the under the belly true waist pants because I can still wear regular shirts with them ...

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#4 of 40 Old 10-14-2005, 08:33 PM

I cannot believe it. I'm glad this thread was started becuase I was about to start one. I started wearing the maternity jeans last week. But at least these don't have that stupid elastic thing on them, I am hoping to wait on those for a while :
I found some great ones at onehotmama.com for $19. They are a bit big and will be for a while but comfortable.

My normal jeans are fine but by mid day they feel like they are digging into to me.

I also have to dig out those maternity bras.

But the best for last-- I am already "popping out" My friend noticed it today when we were taking our girls in the ladies room. I was straightening out my shirt and low and behold- there it was. I said to her "Where did that come from????" She just laughed.
I mean WTF? I'm only 8 weeks, I havent;t even been to the Dr....

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#5 of 40 Old 10-14-2005, 09:30 PM

I'm with you guys! I am not quite 5 weeks and I feel like I look 3 or 4 months pregnant! I never quite lost the belly from the first two, but this time I am soooooo bloated it is not even funny. The progesterone supps don't help - they increase gas/bloating! Ugh!

Anyway, since I've been pregnant for so much of the past few years and I really like my maternity clothes, I've been known to wear them even when I'm not pg! :

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

#6 of 40 Old 10-14-2005, 09:46 PM

I've gotten all my fat clothes out and have started looking. I need to do some serious shopping because I am outgrowing everything so quickly. I feel like everyone who looks at me can tell. They probably just think I've put the weight back on (I lost 22 pounds right before before I got pg), though since it doesn't seem to just be my belly growing. I suppose I have an excuse, though.

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif
#7 of 40 Old 10-14-2005, 10:04 PM

Not me.. but I'm a first timer, and only have one in there. :LOL My bras are getting a little small, but my pants still fit just fine. Ask me again in a few weeks.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#8 of 40 Old 10-14-2005, 11:19 PM

I'm with you chiromama - new bras, but the pants still fit. I'm a little envious of you repeat mamas - I'd like some visual verification of that little bean in there! :LOL

Chessa , mama to Silas T (6/06) , wife to Chad . Welcome August Emerson! 2/8/10
#9 of 40 Old 10-15-2005, 12:31 AM

Yeah, I'm in maternity pants already... I'm having more ms than ever and it is made 10times worse by anything the least bit constrictive on my belly. Thankfully I've got a DH who makes a protein shake for me every morning before I even sit up in bed. Yeah, he rocks.

--K knit.gifluxlove.gif = dsd '01, ds1 '01, ds2 '03, dd1 '06, dd2 '09 grouphug.gif

#10 of 40 Old 10-15-2005, 02:51 AM

I lent all my maternity clothes to a friend who isn't due until November. My clothes are starting to get tight...... but I'm still in them. I usually just wear dh's jeans for about a month before I get into the maternity pants. Hopefully I can make it till my friend returns my clothes. If not..... I guess I'll have to go out and buy a couple new things for myself....... nothing wrong with splurging now and again!
#11 of 40 Old 10-15-2005, 12:11 PM

I just found out this week & my regular clothes are already bothering me. I think part of it is just the tightness on my bellly. I'm about 4 weeks with my second.....

L

ribboncesarean.gif   vbac.gif  My kids jammin.gif  

#12 of 40 Old 10-15-2005, 01:43 PM

no maternity clothes yet, just trying to get by with the elastic waist pants and hang out shirts (what I wear half the time anyhow). Since no ones knows yet and we are waiting till the last possible minute, pulling out the maternity isnt such a good idea. Even though Im dying to and sooo wanted to get some new clothes, right now its not gonna happen
#13 of 40 Old 10-15-2005, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeta
I'm with you chiromama - new bras, but the pants still fit. I'm a little envious of you repeat mamas - I'd like some visual verification of that little bean in there! :LOL
Trust it will be be here sooner than later and believe me you will have visual verification. In more ways than the belly popping out :LOL

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#14 of 40 Old 10-15-2005, 06:28 PM

So far no maternity clothes for me...which is great! I want to stay in my regular clothes as long as possible. I am hoping to keep this pregnancy quiet at work for a while . Okay & the fact that all my maternity clothes will be off season from my last baby-can you say new wardrobe??

Mary

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#15 of 40 Old 10-15-2005, 06:44 PM

Mary-
funny you should say- This baby is due right around dd's 4th bday so everything is in sync. We were just saying today if its a girl its a bonus baby since we have EVERYTHING!! But I would like a new sling, some new diapers,.....

#16 of 40 Old 10-15-2005, 07:01 PM

Not into maternity clothes yet, though I did get them out of storage (and that was an awesome feeling! ) I did go shopping today and buy a few pairs of pants from the thrift store in the next size up. I'm just all bloaty and feeling like my regular pants are too tight. I figure buying a size up will give me clothes to wear on the way back down afterward, too (something I didn't think of last time around )

knit.gifKara~ Rockin' Granola wife to Christopher and mama to J (Nov. '01), M (June '06), L (May '08) and stork-girl.gif (edd 8/3/11)
2011:  a year to Make Do, Do Without, or Do It Ourselves 
#17 of 40 Old 10-16-2005, 11:21 PM

Funny -- I feel like I've lost weight, and have NO belly at all yet. And this is #2. I don't feel pregnant at all really so I'm like.... is it really true?? I'll see my midwife tomorrow, so hopefully I'll get confirmation!

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#18 of 40 Old 10-17-2005, 01:19 AM

so far i'm still good. of course, i had been losing weight before this so my clothes are all a little lose. it will give me room to grow in as i put back on the 20 lbs i lost.... :LOL actually my mil commented that i am looking thinner when she saw me this weekend. my thoughts, good, i still have another month before we are going to tell anyone....

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#19 of 40 Old 10-17-2005, 07:57 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I am hoping to keep this pregnancy quiet at work for a while .
Me too! :LOL
I did pull out my maternity clothes and they are in pretty sorry shape so I am going to shop around the consignment/ thrift stores a bit and hopefully pick up a few things I have a feeling that I am going to wake up one day and nothing is going to fit - :LOL
On that note - I really want to get a few pairs of nice comfy yoga pants, any recommendations??

homeschooling, earth loving Mama to 3 crazy, wonderful boys, ages 10 & 7, & 3 mos.,3 spirit babies                                Inch by inch, row by row.  Gonna make this garden grow  
#20 of 40 Old 10-17-2005, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainsun
On that note - I really want to get a few pairs of nice comfy yoga pants, any recommendations??
Mountainsun - I LOVE my yoga pants that I got at Victoria Secret (isn't that weird that they had them?) I'm not a big Victoria Secret kind of gal, but I was shopping once with a pal and she went on and on about how comfortable they were and that I HAD to get some. She was right! I love them for working out, yoga, and mainly just lounging around the couch. :LOL I just checked online, they are called "Original Yoga Pant". (Off-topic - but why does the word "pant" give me the heebie-jeebies? It should always be plural in my opinion!)

Chessa , mama to Silas T (6/06) , wife to Chad . Welcome August Emerson! 2/8/10
#21 of 40 Old 10-17-2005, 10:49 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I LOVE my yoga pants that I got at Victoria Secret (isn't that weird that they had them?)
Cool,

Funny, cause all of my clothes that are too fitting just do not seem that comfy anymore even though they still fit, it's like i just want loose flowing clothes......yoga pants and those tanks w/ the bras built in seem like an excellent wardrobe for me! In fact, I still wear one of those that I got at Motherhood 3 yrs ago for bed and around the house - an excellent investment.

Off to do some online shopping :LOL

homeschooling, earth loving Mama to 3 crazy, wonderful boys, ages 10 & 7, & 3 mos.,3 spirit babies                                Inch by inch, row by row.  Gonna make this garden grow  
#22 of 40 Old 10-17-2005, 11:56 AM

Well, that would be me....today. I have a meeting (causal) this evening and know I can't get into my jeans which leaves me with one option - my maternity jeans (since it went from summer to winter overnight). I am 6 weeks, 5 days adn this will be my 4th baby (8th or so pregnancy) so I guess I should be glad I lasted this long, huh? Actually I am excited to get into my comfy maternity clothes and I actually have a much better mat. wardrobe than regular...scary!

Nichole, mama to 6 blue-eyed babies, LCCE, doula, apprentice mw
#23 of 40 Old 10-17-2005, 02:36 PM

Have you guys seen these?

http://www.bellaband.com/bellaband.html

I am getting one. I was just thinking I need a band so I can just wear my jeans unbuttoned. Someone else pointed it out to me.
#24 of 40 Old 10-17-2005, 04:49 PM

Surprisingly I am not showing at all. I did early with my others, mostly swelling and water weight. But now you wouldn't even know! Actually, I am wearing a pair of jeans today that are a size 2, and I told my DH to get a good look. I have been wearing a 2 again for about two weeks...so he won't get much time to appreciate it! I JUST lost the last 5 baby pounds from my last pregnancy....

~C~
#25 of 40 Old 10-18-2005, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2boys
Have you guys seen these?

http://www.bellaband.com/bellaband.html

I am getting one. I was just thinking I need a band so I can just wear my jeans unbuttoned. Someone else pointed it out to me.
Oh - how NEAT! That'd almost work for me since my tops are getting too short...the girls are literally busting out already...hence shortening the length of my "cute" tops.

I was already going up a size in my jeans (unfortunately), but since I already bought the next size up, hopefully I can wear them longer... I already look like I'm 4mos, even though I'm ~7wks w/#2 (but that was all due to a relatively inactive summer).
#26 of 40 Old 10-18-2005, 11:18 AM

Even though I am growing and the "fat clothes" I bought that were very roomy two weeks ago now fill out in the waist. I have abodondened the regualr jeans and I am styng w maternity pants and hoping I do not have to go to the shirts for a while.

But today after my appt, I will then pull out the tub of maternity clothes.

#27 of 40 Old 10-18-2005, 02:30 PM

I read somewhere that my uterus is the size of a tangerine right now and lets face it: there isn't room for me AND a tangerine in my normal pants, so "fat pants" it is

I did pull out and am in the process of washing my maternity clothes (that I honestly thought I might never see again, so it was a happy moment for me) but I don't think I really need them just yet. Going the next size up in pants seems to be covering my bloated belly for now. Maybe after I meet with the midwives at the birth center next week?

I don't want to be a silly goose and rush into my maternity clothes before I need them, but wow! It feels really great to be talking about needing them!

knit.gifKara~ Rockin' Granola wife to Christopher and mama to J (Nov. '01), M (June '06), L (May '08) and stork-girl.gif (edd 8/3/11)
2011:  a year to Make Do, Do Without, or Do It Ourselves 
#28 of 40 Old 10-20-2005, 12:31 AM

I think I'm only around 4 weeks, but I'm definitely not fitting in my pants already.
I grow massive babies and I'm very petite, so it doesn't take much.

The Bellaband looks like something I'm going to need. I haven't dragged the whole box of maternity clothes out yet, but I can hardly sit down in my jeans anymore. My boobs have gotten a little bigger over the past two days, but still nowhere near what they were a couple months ago before Zion cut back a little on nursing. So I'm good with clothes there. If I don't suck it in... I look as pregnant as a friend of mine on her first at nearly 8 months...
#29 of 40 Old 10-20-2005, 11:43 AM

I got a pair of yoga pants at Old Navy, & they are soooooo comfy. I want to wear them every day!

L

ribboncesarean.gif   vbac.gif  My kids jammin.gif  

#30 of 40 Old 10-25-2005, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray's Mommy
So far no maternity clothes for me...which is great! I want to stay in my regular clothes as long as possible. I am hoping to keep this pregnancy quiet at work for a while . Okay & the fact that all my maternity clothes will be off season from my last baby-can you say new wardrobe??

Mary

I'm still in all my regular stuff but usually change into sweats by dinner time & I have the same problem as you Mary -- the majority of my maternity stuff is for cold weather!! At least I'll have a lot of variety when I start showing, but I will defintely need to get some spring & summer stuff.\

Kate

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page