Anyone Use Natural Remedies/Herbs? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 31 Old 10-29-2005, 01:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyL
Ok, I have to say that "strengthen and tone the tissue of the uterus" sounds like, cough, bull*@#!, to me...

And strengthening contractions during labor itself or slowing hemmorhage would only seem likely if you took some during labor, and personally my contractions were plenty strong enough, thank you very much!

But I suppose if someone liked the way it tasted and it had a placebo effect than it would be harmless.

Red Raspberry leaves have been used for centuries, but more recently scientific studies have been done to measure their effects.

It is a "tonic" for the unterus - that isn't like a fake supplement that claims to tone the muscles in the thighs without exercise. The RRL Helps improve the effectiveness of contractions - not make them feel stronger. It is helpful to tone the muscles of the uterus, build up your iron supply, and help prepare your uterus for birth - as well as help w/ hemmorhaging afterwards.

It's one thing to be curious or skeptical - and you don't have to use it if you don't want to - but your comments seemed obnoxious to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page