Chat thread - October 16-31st - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 96 Old 10-24-2005, 05:46 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Birth control is for sissies?! I LOVE it. Need to get a maternity T that says that!!

Well, I'm having a crappy day. Had some bleeding today and don't know what's up. Could just be nothing, or ... I panic because of my first pg which was a miscarriage. I bled a wee bit with Timmy and totally, I mean TOTALLY flipped out. And it was fine. But I'm depressed

Hope everyone is feeling ok today
#62 of 96 Old 10-24-2005, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

Christina.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#63 of 96 Old 10-24-2005, 06:24 PM

Christina how stressful

Tomarrow is my first ob appointment and oddly I am extremely excited. I think because I've wanted this for so long and the appointment makes it so real.

I love those T-shirts. I was at the dentists office with my boys and they wanted to schedual me I told them we needed to wait until december when I'm in the 2nd trimester and I got the boy you are sure going to have your hands full. Better full then empty is what I said but it gets old.
#64 of 96 Old 10-24-2005, 10:26 PM

christina~ mama! i bled w/ my 2nd sometimes after we had sex...could that be it? hoping your feeling better this evening!

i called and got an earlier appt from my ob. my original appt was for nov 22nd, but i got them to make it for nov 7th. plus, i get a sonogram. that's only 2wks from now! i don't mean to be so impatient, but since i had a miscarriage between my 2 girls early in the pregnancy, i just need to see that heartbeat, kwim?!
#65 of 96 Old 10-25-2005, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2girlies
i just need to see that heartbeat, kwim?!
I do - even though I haven't had a miscarriage, I've never been pg before and I really really want some reassurance that everything is OK. My exam on the 11th of Nov. still seems so far away!

Ditto the vivid dreams - I've had them a few times a week since conception, but not usually sexual. Except this morning I woke up from one all hot & bothered but we didn't have time to do anything about it before work. Sometimes I wish I could put a batch of horny up in a container for later, ya know?

Had the slightest hint of feeling "off" pre-nausea this morning at breakfast. I hope it doesn't get too bad ... I was starting to really enjoy not having any!
#66 of 96 Old 10-25-2005, 01:26 AM

Christina Spotting/bleeding with pregnancy is soooooo dang stressful. With ds#1 I spotted/bled for 7 1/2 months! Then I had a m/c between the boys. Fortunately, for my sanity, ds#2 was completely uneventful. This time has been pretty much except I was spotting over the weekend; I'm 99% sure from sex. But, even when you can rationalize it away, it doesn't matter ... it still is freaky and scary. Just take it easy and if you need, call the doctor/midwife for some reassurance (maybe an early u/s).

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#67 of 96 Old 10-25-2005, 09:15 AM

Christina, I bled for almost a week with my last pregnancy. You should see my adorable little one year old boy!!

Doesn't neccassarily mean anything!

~C~
#68 of 96 Old 10-25-2005, 10:04 AM

Thanks for all the support! I *think* it's all good. It stopped yesterday, and it probably was caused by a little mischief. I didn't call the mw, and I don't think I will. I have the world's nastiest bloating and think I'm having some serious digestive issues, so that would suggest to me that I'm definitely still pg

Speaking of dreams - I dreamed last night that I was having a visit at the mw's office, and I was due. While I was there, my water broke, and the baby came right away (there was lots of scurrying around to find a place for me to have it). Except....there were TWO BABIES. A boy and a girl. When I told DH about it this morning his eyes got very big I just think it's funny. I dont put a lot of stock in dreams, but everyone I know who has had a dream about the sex of their baby has had it come true. I had one with DS1 - I was sure he was a girl, but I dreamt he was a boy. And, of course, he is a boy.
Any thoughts?
#69 of 96 Old 10-25-2005, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryingMommas
I Sometimes I wish I could put a batch of horny up in a container for later, ya know?
:

I know all too well, TryingMommas!! DH and I have not really been in sync lately, and that batch would be coming in mighty handy right about now!

Chessa , mama to Silas T (6/06) , wife to Chad . Welcome August Emerson! 2/8/10
#70 of 96 Old 10-25-2005, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~MamaJava~*~
Thanks for all the support! I *think* it's all good. It stopped yesterday, and it probably was caused by a little mischief. I didn't call the mw, and I don't think I will. I have the world's nastiest bloating and think I'm having some serious digestive issues, so that would suggest to me that I'm definitely still pg

Speaking of dreams - I dreamed last night that I was having a visit at the mw's office, and I was due. While I was there, my water broke, and the baby came right away (there was lots of scurrying around to find a place for me to have it). Except....there were TWO BABIES. A boy and a girl. When I told DH about it this morning his eyes got very big I just think it's funny. I dont put a lot of stock in dreams, but everyone I know who has had a dream about the sex of their baby has had it come true. I had one with DS1 - I was sure he was a girl, but I dreamt he was a boy. And, of course, he is a boy.
Any thoughts?

Glad it is better, I was wondering if you had been, well, "mischief making".

As for dreams, I dreamt once I gave birth to a cat, and that hasn't happened yet, so I don't know...

~C~
#71 of 96 Old 10-25-2005, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline248

As for dreams, I dreamt once I gave birth to a cat, and that hasn't happened yet, so I don't know...

~C~
:
i had a dream w/ my 2nd that i was giving birth and she came out 3 months old w/ pj's on...weird!! and that definetly didn't happen!!

ok ladies...im going to be a worrier too! we had a miscarriage between my 2 girls, so i tend to worry about every twinge or little pain i feel in my belly...like this morning it felt kinda like gas pains, but not. so im convinced that somethings going wrong. so of course everytime i've gone to the bathroom this morning i expect to see blood. isn't that horrible of me..is anyone else feel something going on down there, little twinges, not really painful, just stuff going on i can't really explain it...kinda feels like gas pains..which also feel like cramps i just can't wait till my appt. i want the reassurance.
#72 of 96 Old 10-25-2005, 11:18 AM

A cat?!!

Ok, it's kinda silly. But I do mean pregnant people's dreams...

Both times I've dreamed about having babies they've been born looking about 1 yr old and wearing clothes, so I dont know what that's about

mommy2girlies, I'm right there with you!! Hang in there. I had some cramps this wknd too before having the bleeding, and today I'm discovering (well, last night too) that it IS just gas issues. Very painful ones, but just gas. SOooooooo glamorous, I know Pregnancy is just fantastic for the digestive system, isn't it
#73 of 96 Old 10-25-2005, 12:01 PM

mamajava~thanks for the reassurance...i hate to stress like this, cuz i know thats not good for the bean either its so hard to tell if everythings going ok, cuz its all inside. you can't see whats happening. i remember the end of both my pregnancies w/ the girls. i just wanted them out and in my arms so i knew they were safe....
#74 of 96 Old 10-25-2005, 12:55 PM

I know how hard it is to trust that all is going well. Even though we have seen a heartbeat (2 weeks ago), I still look for blood every time I go to the bathroom. I have also had little twinges some that feel a little crampy, but nothing very uncomfortable. Everything makes me worry that this baby won't stick either and that is stressful. Although I am not as stressed as I was several weeks ago, I'm still nervous that something is worng. I keep setting ridiculous little goals, like once I see the hb, I'll be able to relax. And now that I have an appt. today, I have been saying, once I make it through this appt., I will feel more confident. I just wonder if there will ever truly be a point where I feel like I can relax. I really miss the confidence and naivety of my first 3 pregnancies. I'm sory that others are feeling this way, but glad to know that I am not alone.

Nichole, mama to 6 blue-eyed babies, LCCE, doula, apprentice mw
#75 of 96 Old 10-25-2005, 05:10 PM

oy! i have been so busy with the new job, i don't have time to do anything! i am exhausted all the time now.... and i have to keep something in my stomach--the worse morning sickness--it was never the all day thing with my boy. so i haven't read everyone's comments but...

1. what chinese chart are you all referring to?
2. yes, definitely dreaming all the time... vivid and some are pretty sexy... i don't remember dreaming so much with #1.....
3. hope everyone is doing well..... sorry, i won't be around much. oh! and i am thinking of changing my name... so if i do, you all will be the first to know. back to the grind....

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#76 of 96 Old 10-26-2005, 10:00 AM

Christina so glad to hear your spotting has stopped! With my pregnancy with dd#1 I was spotting at 6 weeks & went to the ER and demanded a vaginal u/s! One nurse had the gall to tell me that if I was miscarrying they were just going to send me home becuase there was nothing they could do anyway!!!! Talk about poor bedside manner!

Past miscarriages can make you a little crazy, no?
But Caroline came out just fine & no more spotting after that.
Hope everyone is having a great day - my anti-morning sickness system seems to at least keep me from vomiting, so I am going to try to meet up w/ some friends at the park this morning & get some fresh air for me & Caroline.

Kate
#77 of 96 Old 10-26-2005, 11:24 AM

I'm too sick to even think about sex! The nausea is killing me. Way worse than with DD.

Ugh.

L

ribboncesarean.gif   vbac.gif  My kids jammin.gif  

#78 of 96 Old 10-26-2005, 05:13 PM

does anyone have a link to that chinese calendar? i'd like to see what it says about my 2 girls and what it'll say for this one

that crampy feeling stopped thank goodness!! i was driving myself nuts going to the bathroom every minute to check if i was bleeding i kept feeling a wet feeling, like when i o'd so i was just so sure it was blood. nope, just wet, sorry if tmi. i think part of it was i was dehydrated. i'd been so preoccupied the last couple days that i hadn't drank enough water. last night after i had 2 full glasses of water, the cramps went away

i've had mild nausea. haven't tossed my cookies yet, but i know the time will come. i had nasty m/s w/ both the girls! it seemed to start around 6-7wks and im only 5wks 3days. i am sooo tired!! and i have a lingering headache. i just feel kinda wiped
#79 of 96 Old 10-26-2005, 06:57 PM

[QUOTE=mommy2girlies]does anyone have a link to that chinese calendar? i'd like to see what it says about my 2 girls and what it'll say for this one

I http://www.baby-parenting.com/baby/predictor.html?

or

http://www.ivillage.co.uk/pregnancy..._534749,00.html

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#80 of 96 Old 10-27-2005, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulanichole
I'm sory that others are feeling this way, but glad to know that I am not alone.
My thoughts exactly, Nichole. I'm having a hard time just relaxing and believing in this pregnancy ... I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. I really hate that, but I think only time is going to make that feeling go away for me. It helps to know others are feeling the same way.

I've been super tired lately and we've got a lot going on this week and weekend (including still working on putting our house back together after I flooded six rooms in a moment of pregnancy brain forgetfulness ) I need lots and lots of naps. Jillian knows now and thinks my puking all the time is funny (at least she doesn't get grossed out, I guess) and when I lay down to rest she cuddles beside me and looks at picture books. I'm not gettting much sleep, but I do get to lay down a lot, so that helps. I feel like a zombie, but I know my body is working super hard, so it's understandable to be so tired. Good excuse to catch up on all the rest I've been missing out on the past, oh, four years or so

TryingMommas - if you can figure out how to batch up horny for later I think you'd make a fortune

mamajava - Glad things are better. Take care of yourself, okay?

Amy - thanks for posting all those crockpot recipes. I've been making double batches of lasagna and casseroles and freezing them and having some recipes for the crockpot will help, too. I'm still doing okay (most days) with cooking, but it's nice to have back up for all these super sleepy days. Thanks!

You naughty mamas! No sex dreams here (yet) but I did have a weird one last night that the baby was born wearing a onesie ??? !!! And, like, everyone in the dream thought that was really cute and I was the only one freaked out about it

knit.gifKara~ Rockin' Granola wife to Christopher and mama to J (Nov. '01), M (June '06), L (May '08) and stork-girl.gif (edd 8/3/11)
2011:  a year to Make Do, Do Without, or Do It Ourselves 
#81 of 96 Old 10-28-2005, 01:53 AM

oh amy! i printed all those recipes too! i'm excited to start trying some. okay, i looked at the calendar and it got my ds right and said this little one is a girl. you know, all this guessing only makes you want to find out during that ultra sound.

Angie
(formerly acp)

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#82 of 96 Old 10-28-2005, 10:45 AM

the calendar was right for both my girls!! and it said this one will be a girl too!!! i kinda want another girl, cuz the thought of 3 girls just sounds so cute, but of course it doesn't really matter but if im late, edd is june 25th so far, and i have the baby in july, it says it will be a boy.
#83 of 96 Old 10-28-2005, 10:50 AM

how is everyone and morning sickness...im starting to get a little more "delicate" in the morning, but no real nausea yet. a certain smell can make my stomach turn but i haven't had a meeting w/ the toilet yet. i remember with both girls it was after i was 6wks that it really started and im only 5wks 5days...so im assuming its creeping up to me

on the sleepy issue....i've gone to bed around 9pm all week. our normal bedtime is around 11pm...but 8:30 rolls around and im fighting to keep my eyes open!! neither of my girls are big on naps, and if they do take one, its never at the same time, so naps are non-existant for me.... :yawning:
#84 of 96 Old 10-28-2005, 02:57 PM

The m/s hit me like a brick wall yesterday in the late afternoon, just like last time. I spent about an hour hanging over the toilet. My mom had to come over and make some dinner for Zion because DH was working late.

Everything smells super strong. Zion's breath is enough to send me heaving. I tried to eat a pear this morning thinking it's a pretty mild fruit. Boy, was I wrong! It tastes SO strong I could hardly even swallow it.

I have no idea how I'm going to live through this again. Especially with a toddler whose getting into EVERYTHING while I'm sitting on the bathroom floor...
#85 of 96 Old 10-28-2005, 03:31 PM

this pg is kind of different than my pg with dd. I have a lovely metallic taste in my mouth, my teeters are sensitive, but not too painful, only when dd latches on. I'm tired, but not desperately so, though I like to go to bed at 9. I used to go to bed at 10. I have queasiness regardless of whether my stomch is empty or not, and I'm most queasy in the am, and sometimes in the pm around dinner time. gee, I wonder why?

B

mom to dd 8/03 ds 6/06 and numero tres, ds 11/11 stillheart.gif

#86 of 96 Old 10-28-2005, 04:12 PM

I have my good days and bad days. Like yesterday (thurs) I spent the day on the sofa. I had sooo much to do and forget it. Also we have been staying up the last two weeks to watch the playoffs and then the White Sox sweep houston . There was no way I, a lifelong Chicagoan was going to not witness history. Even if I was 10 cm dialated and about to push, we would watch.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#87 of 96 Old 10-31-2005, 04:43 PM

Happy Halloween everyone!

My Dd is dressing up as a cow & I will be a cat (DH has class tonight) We aren't going trick or treating (she's only 18 mths) but we'll dress up to pass out candy.

Anyone else doing fun Halloween stuff tonight?

p.s. I haven't thrown up ALL DAY and actually ate a little lunch - HURRAY!
#88 of 96 Old 10-31-2005, 05:13 PM

I work a lot - full time, part time, and from home. The tiredness was a huge shock - no one talks about it other than us! I'm coping principally by ingesting massive amounts of fruits, vegetables, and protein, washed down with lots of water. For some reason, if I keep eating and drinking, I don't feel as tired. The really weird thing is that I'm actually craving these healthy foods - it's like the baby just isn't impressed with sugar.

Otherwise, it's just become a routine of 8 o'clock bedtimes and naps whenever possible (usually only on weekends.)

I can't change my routine a lot, as the family depends on my income. So, I'm hoping to take between 8 and 12 weeks of family friendly leave and then resign myself to day care. I have a wonderful lady who keeps just a few children in her home, but it's still going to suck.

btw, how do I change my handle? I didn't realize when I signed up that I was giving my real name as a screen name.

Enjoying this forum a lot - you ladies are great!

L.
#89 of 96 Old 10-31-2005, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

We should have lots of kids come to our door.. the rest of the time I'll be lying on the couch doing nothing. super super tired! seems that I feel good on fridays and saturdays.. but sunday night it all comes back. I'll be 9 weeks on thursday.. so hopefully it's going to be on it's way out soon!

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#90 of 96 Old 10-31-2005, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Mitchell

btw, how do I change my handle? I didn't realize when I signed up that I was giving my real name as a screen name.

Enjoying this forum a lot - you ladies are great!

L.
PM Cynthia Mosher,I think, or you can look onteh main forums page to see a thread about name changing.

I have to resort to some child care when the baby comes too. I run my own business and have studentloans to pay. but hopefully it will be really part time.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page