I Need Breakfast Ideas! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-17-2005, 01:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Breakfast is crucial to me! But my problem is I do not have enough time in the morning to really make and eat a good breakfast. I usually end up having a few slices of toast w/ peanut butter and juice or bagel/ juice and eat it in the car (I work pt from 8-1) but that just IS NOT CUTTING IT! :LOL
Anyways, does anyone have any good,quick, easy breakfast ideas (p.s. I am veggie ) Thanks!

homeschooling, earth loving Mama to 3 crazy, wonderful boys, ages 10 & 7, & 3 mos.,3 spirit babies                                Inch by inch, row by row.  Gonna make this garden grow  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2005, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
:

I'm interested in this, too! Since I've been cutting back on my soy intake, I've been sticking with cereal or oatmeal. Both are getting old, fast.

Chessa , mama to Silas T (6/06) , wife to Chad . Welcome August Emerson! 2/8/10
Old 10-17-2005, 02:48 PM

Since I am a veg and have been reducing soy, too, I have been eating more eggs and dairy than I used to (pre-ttc and pregnancy). I eat yogurt and fruit with granola & nuts a lot, or eggs and toast, or cottage cheese (very high in protein!). I also really like eating burritos for breakfast (wwheat tortillas and black beans with some salsa and maybe cheese or eggs too). You could make burritos (without the eggs) ahead of time and keep them rolled up in wax paper inthe fridge to grab in the morning.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:05 PM

One breakfast that always is easy to digest for me and tastes yummy is a fried egg over brown rice. I cook up a pot of rice once a week or so and just keep it in the fridge so all I have to do is put a bowl in the microwave for a minute, and while that's cooking I fry an egg or two, put a little butter on the rice and a little salt, then top it with the egg. Very yummy! I have that a couple of times a week.

I also eat oatmeal with blueberries and mashed bananas, toast, cereal, smoothies (those can be pretty quick and easy to eat on the run), and whatever else sounds good.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:40 PM

I have cereal and soy milk every morning. I vary the type of cereal, but i just can't function without my cereal in the morning.

So, what's the deal with reducing soy? I have heard that on here before but can't remember why. I'm a veg too. I don't eat a ton of soy though, mainly just soy milk.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:27 PM

I don't do any soy anymore - not worth the risk to the baby...

I usually have scrambled eggs with salsa, a little fruit, and toast/bagel/eggo waffle.
Sometimes I do oatmeal and yogurt.

In place of soy milk in a smoothie, I use almond milk. I make it with 8 oz. almond milk, 1 chunk frozen banana, 2 whole frozen strawberries, and 1 scoop Max Muscle protein powder. Yummy! Max Muscle makes the best tasting protein powder I've ever tried. It's whey protein and it's sweetened with stevia - no aspartame. Strawberry and vanilla are my favorites.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
These are all excellent ideas! I ate oatmeal almost every day with my last pregnancy and it just does not sound good to me this time around
I was thinking about making a batch of smoothies a few times a week, that sounds awesome!
Quote:
So, what's the deal with reducing soy?
I believe that it has something to do with the phyto-estrogens naturally occurring in the soy......some believe that ingesting hormones this way can be damaging and generally not good for you (please, ladies, correct me if I am wrong ) I do eat soy in moderation, though, esp. tofu and veggie burgers. Sorry,
Thanks for the ideas, mamas!
Quote:
I also really like eating burritos for breakfast (wheat tortillas and black beans with some salsa and maybe cheese or eggs too).
This sounds like it may work! YUM!

homeschooling, earth loving Mama to 3 crazy, wonderful boys, ages 10 & 7, & 3 mos.,3 spirit babies                                Inch by inch, row by row.  Gonna make this garden grow  
Old 10-18-2005, 05:09 PM

I've been making smoothies too. Mine's similar to StacyL's recipe:

1 c. almond milk, 1 c. frozen strawberries, 1 c. frozen blueberries, and a banana. I either add a scoop of "Super green" powder or a scoop of nutritional yeast for extra protein and folate.

Also, a hearty, chewy cereal like Kashi Crunch with a banana sliced in keeps me going pretty well. That particular brand does have soy protein, but I don't eat it every day or it would get so boring anyway.

Maybe fruit and cottage cheese if you eat dairy?
Old 10-18-2005, 10:27 PM

I was going to suggest smoothies as well, a really good one with strawberries and banana and whatever else fruit you have lying around. Homemade yogurt is the best for those. You could toss in a little flaxseed oil or something too, for extra punch.

User Tag List