Ugh...Morning Sickness... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 10-19-2005, 10:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all:

Anyone have any suggestions on ways to deal with morning sickness? I've tried ginger ale, eating crackers before rising, lemonade, potato chips, taking Vitamin B6, gonna go get some accupressure bands today...

I've been trying to "graze" through the day...any good grazing foods suggestions?

I'm dying over here...help.
#2 of 13 Old 10-19-2005, 10:50 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have heard ginger tea. Also, my MW suggested sniffing lemon juice or adding some lemon juice to your water.
HTH! Sorry you are dealing with m/s. plain old toast w/ a little butter/ spread helped me last time, havent had to deal with it yet this time around.
good luck, mama!

homeschooling, earth loving Mama to 3 crazy, wonderful boys, ages 10 & 7, & 3 mos.,3 spirit babies                                Inch by inch, row by row.  Gonna make this garden grow  
#3 of 13 Old 10-19-2005, 12:07 PM

With my first, only Saltines stayed down. With my second, it was pasta. This time, one slice of turkey lunch meat is what kills the nausea (that and those sea bands--weirdest thing, but they actually work).

I keep meaning to try acupuncture, I hear that it works too, but I am so exhausted that the idea of getting out of bed and driving a few miles to the clinic makes me yawn.

Mom to : DS1 (11), DS2 (8), DD3 (4), : DS4 (1), and : : :
#4 of 13 Old 10-19-2005, 04:40 PM

Hi - I'm trying to remember when morning sickness is supposed to start. I had it with my first, who is 2 now, but I don't remember when it started. I'm starting to overanalyze how I feel. I remember keeping whole wheat Premium Plus crackers beside my bed and eating them as soon as I woke up when I was pregnant the first time. I am having headaches this time though...might be caffiene withdrawal!

Hope you're feeling better soon!

JJ
#5 of 13 Old 10-21-2005, 02:03 PM

:

everything that helped w/ last pregnancy is no help with this one. AND I'm much sicker. more often and it has started earlier in the pregnancy - waaaahhh!!!
#6 of 13 Old 10-21-2005, 02:14 PM

Last time, the only things I could eat were mashed potatoes and mac&cheese until about 20 weeks (wonderful nutrition eh?). The key for me was just eating all the time. If I got even the slightest bit hungry it was all downhill from there. It hasn't hit me yet this time around, but I'm definitely not looking forward to it.
#7 of 13 Old 10-21-2005, 02:17 PM
SHK

The company that make the Baby Bliss Gripe Water make a herbal product for morning sickness...no idea if it works, but worth checking out!
#8 of 13 Old 10-21-2005, 02:19 PM

Has anyone tried those Preggo Pops (or whatever they're called). They're lollipops that are supposed to help.
#9 of 13 Old 10-21-2005, 04:07 PM

I'm with you Carabosmama. I'm due 6/9/06 and feel much worse than the first go around. And, earlier too. I can hardly get off the couch for fear of falling over from exhaustion, lightheadedness or extreme naseua. Of course, this sitting on the couch thing doesn't work so well with a 17 month old. It does help to know I'm not the only one . . .
#10 of 13 Old 10-21-2005, 04:10 PM

I tried everything under the sun and nothing worked. I lost 15 pounds in the first trimester (I started at 97lbs.) so I couldn't afford to lose an ounce. Then, I saw a prenatal homeopath. She prescribed the remedy, I took it twice and it was completely gone!! I was sold. See if there's someone in your area. Hope that helps.
#11 of 13 Old 10-21-2005, 06:04 PM

I was sick all night last night. I had dry heeves(sp) and it was horrible. My mom has an herbal remedy book and it said that raspberry leaf tea is supposed to cure morning sickness. I don't think this was pregnancy related, but I drank some raspberry tea this morning and I felt a lot better.
#12 of 13 Old 10-21-2005, 06:51 PM

I sent husband out for what I think of as stomach flu food - ginger ale, triscuits, jello cups, chicken soup, and microwaveable annie's mac & cheese.

I threw up for the first time yesterday, and what a rude awakening that was. I spent last night on the couch, after eating a plain baked potato and baked chicken breast, whimpering "I can't do this for 5 more weeks! how do people do this!"

But I've been wearing those sea bands since last night, and today was much, much better. Not sure if it was that or my strategy of stuffing crackers and ginger ale in my face constantly. I got the shakes in the morning, but no barfing.
#13 of 13 Old 10-21-2005, 06:56 PM

Jasmyns mum what was it you took?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page