My husband is the best husband in the whole world ;) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 10-20-2005, 12:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We were just sitting watching TV, when I said that donuts sounded good. He looked at me and said "Do you want me to go get you some donuts? how about voodoo donuts" I just stared at him and said "really? you'd go get them" and in 5 mins he was dressed (had been in pjs) and out of the house on his way downtown to get donuts.
Ah, If I wasn't already married, I'd totally marry this guy.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#2 of 17 Old 10-20-2005, 12:30 AM

oh gosh now you have me wanting donuts too. What an awesome guy!
#3 of 17 Old 10-20-2005, 12:42 AM

That's so sweet! When I was pregnant with ds, there was one night in my first trimester where I desperately needed to eat, but had the hardest time figuring out what sounded edible. I was in that "nauseated plus too exhausted to think of appealing foods" stage. Finally, I decided that a baked potato with sour cream sounded okay. Having decided that, it became my Holy Grail of food. Since I was still so exhausted, I decided it sounded easier to just go to Wendy's and get one ready-made, rather than going to the food store. So I gathered a small burst of energy, went to the drive-thru, and brought it home. When I opened the bag, I discovered that they had forgotten the sour cream! :

I, of course, responded in the calm, cool, and collected way that you'd expect in that situation: I burst into hysterical tears. As far as I was concerned, the only sour cream available might as well have been on the moon. I was totally spent, physically and emotionally. Dh took one look at me and immediately grabbed his keys. He went to the food store and came home within about 3 minutes, carrying sour cream.

Two *pounds* of sour cream. :LOL What a guy!

Lisa , mom to Isaac (9/1/03), Violet (6/19/06), Simon (10/9/09); wife to Eric ; handservant to Grace :
#4 of 17 Old 10-20-2005, 12:45 AM

Aw, gee...how sweet....I remember those days, the days of the first pregnancy, when my DH would've done that for me in a heartbeat....how things have changed by the third time around: tonight he got home late from work and the girls were asleep and I was upstairs preparing the lesson for tomorrow's preschool homeschool co-op, and I smelled pizza wafting through the house, so I go downstairs and he's got this frozen pizza he just made himself that smells sooooo good, and I'm like, "Honey, can I have some?" He goes, "No way, this is all for me!" I was like, "Not even for your starving pregnant wife?!" and he gave me the teeniest bite of pizza anyone ever had. What a sport! :LOL

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

#5 of 17 Old 10-20-2005, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
You are soooooo lucky. My husband believes that cravings are all in the head. He did get me ice cream an awful lot during my first pg, but never would he have gotten out of bed or pjs to do so.
Last night I had to pay him $75.00 to go get me some onion peels from Applebees and it is only about 10 blocks away.... and I had already called in the order. I figured in the long run giving him $75 isn't a huge deal, he hasn't quite figured out that we share a checking account so that money is going to go for our bills anyhow :LOL Besides, my onion peels were sooooooo good!!!

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

#6 of 17 Old 10-20-2005, 01:46 PM

Those were all great stories! My dh went to Taco Bell late one night in my last pg to get me a bean burrito when I was laid out on the couch and it was the only thing that sounded edible. This pg I am much more on my own, since he's in med school. Is it too soon to give a 13 month-old the keys and send them to the store for Mommy? har har.
#7 of 17 Old 10-20-2005, 04:06 PM

These are great stories! I haven't had any cravings or the need to send dh out yet, but he is doing a lot of nice things lately. He's slept on the sofa 2 nights because he was sick and didn't want me to get sick or to sleep on the sofa. He won't even rest during the day in the bed because then I could get sick and he has a bottle of rubbing alcohol and cotton pads and is disinfecting the phone and telling me to wear gloves when I do his laundry. It's just so cute.

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif
#8 of 17 Old 10-20-2005, 06:42 PM

OMG, I want a doughnut now!!!

I called DH at the mall the other day (he was returning something for me ) and told him I had a chocolate craving. He came home with a box of my favorite chocolates!
#9 of 17 Old 10-22-2005, 12:06 AM

I had a bad day today. I went for my mid morning run, had just cooled down and was feeling great. Then I blew my nose. I do this after every run as I always seem to fill up after exercise. For some reason, this started a bout of vomiting. So now I am beside my car in the park hunched over. People are passing by with looks of horror or disgust on their face, one even honking at me to move over so that he didn't have to deviate 2 feet out of his lane. I managed to get home with a minimum of stops on the way (8 minute drive usually). I continued with this vomitting until about 3:00. I knew that I had to get some food in me ASAP. I couldn't even think about handling raw food at the moment. I decided soup would be the best thing. I paged my DH at work and told him that I needed pho (Vietnamese noodle soup) and needed it soon, could he pick some up on his way home. He apparently was on the phone long distance to his best friend who needed help with something. He immediately said "Sorry I'll call you later, I just got a STAT pho page." He was home within a half hour with the soup. He immediately became my hero.
Now if I can just calm down the chest beating, cave man side of his new personality so that he doesn't end up killing someone who lights up a cigarrette in my vicinity. He is really being so sweet, I'm not really used to this but I am so glad I have him!
#10 of 17 Old 10-22-2005, 12:29 AM

Oh, I love all these stories! I didn't have many food cravings before except for Lucky Charms the last 6 weeks. I think that was pure exhaustion more than a craving though-LOL I honestly can't remember my hubby running out to get me anything...maybe this time around :LOL

mary

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#11 of 17 Old 10-22-2005, 03:42 PM

Quote:
I decided soup would be the best thing. I paged my DH at work and told him that I needed pho (Vietnamese noodle soup) and needed it soon, could he pick some up on his way home. He apparently was on the phone long distance to his best friend who needed help with something. He immediately said "Sorry I'll call you later, I just got a STAT pho page."

YUMMY!!! I LOVE PHO!!! Its so good, now I'm craving it! and to get GOOD pho from a restaurant around here I have to drive about an hour and a half! hahahaha

But I know a lot of people who can make it for me that is even better so I may have to end up having to have Pho today!!! LOL
#12 of 17 Old 10-22-2005, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

mmmmmmmmmmm Pho. It's what's for dinner.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#13 of 17 Old 10-22-2005, 07:23 PM

My dh is awesome too. The other night the boys were in bed and I told him I was still hungry. So after going through a list of what I thought sounded good (Starbucks, In n Out ...), I decided on hot fudge sundae and fries from Mc D's ( : ). He ran out and super sized me some fries and brought home two sundaes - just for me. Then last night he got home from work and I said I was craving lemonaid. So, up to the mall we went for dinner to get lemonaid from Hot Dog on a Stick (the only lemonaid I was going to settle for), and the chicken nuggets at Chick-fil-a. Our diets suck right now, but he's such a trooper and gets me whatever I need/want. I'd definitely marry him if we weren't married already too!!!

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#14 of 17 Old 10-22-2005, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter

You chose McDonalds over In N Out? I don't eat fast food (other than occasional burgerville) but I would give my left arm for In N Out!!!

#15 of 17 Old 10-23-2005, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama
You chose McDonalds over In N Out? I don't eat fast food (other than occasional burgerville) but I would give my left arm for In N Out!!!
I know, I was shocked with myself! :LOL I don't know what made me choose McD's ... I so don't like their food (though I have a weak spot for the sundaes), and the fries and shakes at In N Out rock! Maybe next time I'll make a better choice. :LOL

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#16 of 17 Old 10-26-2005, 11:33 AM

love these stories!

this is my 3rd babe, but the first for my new hublet. he's so excited, he could burst. we watched "father of the bride 2" recently and steve martin does this "I'll get it! What flavor?!" bit. my hub has been doing that a lot lately!

that and the fact that i have been sleeping and puking constantly, he's been my hero taking care of the house and the boys. after two years as a single mama, i appreciate his willingness to do so much without my help!!

Mom to : DS1 (11), DS2 (8), DD3 (4), : DS4 (1), and : : :
#17 of 17 Old 10-26-2005, 01:50 PM

Add me to the "I'd marry him if we weren't already" group. This is our 3rd and I think more than anything DH is just being more prepared... He'll come home from the store (I've been exhausted lately) with some of the most random things. Sardines, ice cream, ramen noodles and 30 kinds of campbells select soups since, "Look, this one has 20 grams of protein if you eat the whole can!" So whatever I may possibly crave he has it or a close substitute... He brought me sardines and crackers in bed at like 2am and (poor guy) he HATES the smell! He's been known to say, "Honey, you look tired, do you need to eat or sleep?" (not an open ended question... I have two options- eat or sleep.) "Have you had enough water today?" and my ALL TIME favorite (which he now has our 4 year old reciting: "Do you need a footrub?" The two of them actually sat on the couch rubbing my feet while I nursed DS2 to sleep the other night. It was great!!! I keep saying that I'm raising the BEST little husband! LOL

--K knit.gifluxlove.gif = dsd '01, ds1 '01, ds2 '03, dd1 '06, dd2 '09 grouphug.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page