spotting Q - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 10-21-2005, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay I'm trying not to freak out. I'm spotting, so so very lightly. Just a little on the tp when I went to the bathroom. It's dark brown.

what are the thoughts? has anyone else had spotting in this pregnancy or a previous one and had a positive outcome?

Does anyone know how common it is to have spotting?
#2 of 11 Old 10-21-2005, 11:31 AM

s

I had spotting like that with my last one and it was nothing. Dark brown is usually old dried blood....now if it was bright red and mucousy then I think its something to worry about. If anything mention it to your dr, he may be concerned enough to have you in to be checked, or he might just tell you its not anything to be worry about unless you have a lot more. Hope that helps some. I sure know how scarry it can be!
#3 of 11 Old 10-21-2005, 11:35 AM

BBM,

Not in your DDC but saw your post and had to reply. Out of my 5 pregnancies I have had spotting with 4 of them. One ended in an early miscarriage and the other three went on to healthy preganacies. Bleeding is very common and can drive you crazy.

I don't know if you remember that kerc and I both had bleeding with these last pregnancies. Kerc had a significant amount of bleeding for a few weeks. I had spotting for a few days and then a huge gush of blood and I thought for sure that I had miscarried. Went in the next day for an ultrasound and we could see Griffin's heart beating away fine. Had some spotting a couple of days after that and then it resolved. With Fiona and Griffin I had Hcg levels drawn to make sure they were doubling like they should. I also had early ultrasounds.

Try not to freak out. I know it's easier said then done. I've been there. Brown means old blood, not fresh bleeding. I would call to see if you can get an ultrasound(transvaginal) or have your blood levels drawn. I am not into much intervention, but I know with me it helped put my mind at ease.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Patti
#4 of 11 Old 10-21-2005, 03:32 PM

Chiming in, too. With my DS, I spotted AND cramped for 3 or 4 days at around the 7-week mark, and they brought me in for an ultrasound, but there he was, chugging away and little heart beating like a champ - the tech said he was JUST big enough to see the heart on the U/S, hence his nickname for the entire pregnancy, "rice krispie" - that's what he looked like to me on that first picture of him :LOL

My spotting was also darker, not bright red, and mostly when I went to the bathroom, so I'm sure it was "old" blood, too...it lasted a few days, and then resolved, both the spotting and the cramping.

Just wanted to let you know it can be perfectly normal, but I also wouldn't blame you for wanting to get it checked out. I probably would again if it happens to me this time, too....I'd rather know than wonder.

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#5 of 11 Old 10-21-2005, 07:03 PM

I had brown spotting after sex last week, which I know is always a possibility with sex, but scary to see nonetheless. From everything I've read, brown is a safer color than red. Best of luck, I hope it's nothing.
#6 of 11 Old 10-22-2005, 04:00 PM

Hugs- I know how I felt when it happened to me last time. But it was a bit brown and I was 8 weeks- right around when my period would be due. Then it happened again 4 weeks later. It was just a brown patch and nothing more. But yes it scared the begeezes out of me.

If it gets more or red, give the mw/ob a call.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#7 of 11 Old 10-22-2005, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter

Well I was 6 weeks yesterday, so the "time of the month" doesn't really work. I thought of that. My ob office offered to do a blood draw and then a second draw a few days later to see if the preg hormone is increasing. I was going to wait for over the weekend to see if it stopped. I'm still having spotting, but it's very little. Only when I pee and wipe. I was running but I stopped. I think I'll go for a nice walk tomorrow instead of a run.
#8 of 11 Old 10-22-2005, 06:08 PM

I've been thinking about you and praying for you.

Patti
#9 of 11 Old 10-22-2005, 06:10 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you Patti. I welcome any prayers that people have for me.

I had a horrible night mare right before this began and I worry that it's related, somehow my subconcious talking to me.
#10 of 11 Old 10-22-2005, 07:16 PM

You might want to relax a bit and take a slow walk. Just chill and I am thinking of you.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#11 of 11 Old 10-22-2005, 07:29 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Amy - that's the plan. Tomorrow is church and nothing else. I may try to finish dd's costume, but all I have to do is hem it so not a big thing.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page