My morning sickness cure - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-21-2005, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wow. That is all I can say. I was wearing the acupressure sea-bands to help with the ill feelings but they weren't doing quite enough for me. I work (PT) for a DO who also does medical acupuncture and asked him if he could help me out... He applied one acupuncture tack to each of my inner wrists and it is like night and day. These tiny needles stay in for a few days and then he thinks it may not return, but if it does we can just reapply more little bitty needles. They look similar to thumb tacks, on a little bitty scale. The 'thumb' part of it is maybe 2-3 mm across and the needle itself is probably about 1.5mm, maybe less. TINY things, but I feel wonderful! They've got little bandaid like covers, so they aren't really exposed. I've had them in for about 24 hours and it has been incredible! If you are really suffering and have an acupuncturist you trust, you might want to ask them. I know there are other points in the ear but this is what we tried first.

Anyone else had luck?

--K knit.gifluxlove.gif = dsd '01, ds1 '01, ds2 '03, dd1 '06, dd2 '09 grouphug.gif

#2 of 4 Old 10-21-2005, 07:06 PM

that's great! I'm 7 w 1 d.. and magically, most of the icky feeling has gone. I'm still hungry as heck, and spacey, and a little tired.. but the nausea is pretty much gone. I know it may come back, but after a few days of feeling good, I'm hopefull that I may get lucky.
However, if it comes back I'll talk to my acupuncturist!

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#3 of 4 Old 10-21-2005, 07:07 PM

wow, thanks for sharing! I just started w/ the sea bands yesterday, and feel like that's helped, but it certainly didn't completely stop the queasies. I did not know they could leave the little needles in like that.
#4 of 4 Old 10-23-2005, 12:00 AM

That sounds great! It creeps me out a little to think of having something in my skin like that, but I know how bad the MS can get so it may be somthing to try...

How do you go about finding an accupuncturist?

~C~

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page