What Are You Craving? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-21-2005, 05:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
well, I don't have much of an appetite these days, and not much is turning me on, except for steak, burgers and ice cream. I don't know what it is, but the thought of anything else, is well, less than desirable.

B :LOL :LOL :LOL

mom to dd 8/03 ds 6/06 and numero tres, ds 11/11 stillheart.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2005, 05:30 PM

I had to go out last night, after eating a very small amount of pizza at dinner, to get pot roast. It started out as "Hmm, pot roast sounds good," and quickly changed to, "I NEED POT ROAST, NOW!!" :LOL

Lisa , mom to Isaac (9/1/03), Violet (6/19/06), Simon (10/9/09); wife to Eric ; handservant to Grace :
Old 10-21-2005, 06:46 PM

Sleep. :LOL

I'm not having the cravings yet just sort of feeling like nothing sounds good and then something will sound okay. KWIM?

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif
Old 10-21-2005, 06:59 PM

Nothing sounds that good to me right now. But I am hungry for fruit a lot. With DD I was craving meat all the time, this one is definately veggie!
Old 10-21-2005, 07:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I am craving tuna salad. This is all I want to eat, which I have to be careful of because of the mercury content If I could, I would eat about 6 cans of tuna a day.

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

Old 10-21-2005, 07:21 PM

meat & ice cream cravings for me, too! however, i'm highly suggestible right now, as evidenced by the fact that after reading the posts and seeing erika's user name, i'm totally craving spicy buffalo wings now. :LOL
Old 10-21-2005, 07:47 PM

Annie's mac & cheese. I just hit that stage where everything is nauseating/gross, but that will stay down.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:14 PM

I am craving carbs and starchy foods. Rice, bread, potatoes, pasta and french fries and also bananas.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:38 PM

It depends. Carbs a lot. I'm so damn nauseated its hard to tell sometimes.

L

ribboncesarean.gif   vbac.gif  My kids jammin.gif  

Old 10-21-2005, 09:02 PM

I've been nauseated a lot too. A few weeks ago I had A LOT of cravings, but now it's hard to find something I want to eat. Sucks because I am sooooo hungry. It's a bad cycle. Hungry, don't know what to eat, nothing sounds good, then I feel sick from not eating.... blah blah blah. How many more weeks of this!
Old 10-21-2005, 09:16 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Protein and dairy....meat, eggs, peanut butter, milk, and cheese....all day long. That sounds like a pretty well-rounded diet, right?

I am usually the carb queen, but recently couldn't really care less about them...we had pizza and wings for dinner tonight; I had about half a small square of the garlic broccoli pizza, and 8 chicken wings. :

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
Old 10-21-2005, 10:15 PM

My cravings include citrus and chocolate. I thought I wanted OJ the other day and it turned out....I NEEDED it! Amazing how quickly those things go from suggestion to obsession. I have also been enjoying fresh pineapple. And then there's the chocolate....doesn't matter what form that comes in!

With my first dd, I craved chocolate milk and salad (not together). With my 2nd dd, don't remember craving anything. And with ds all I wanted was salty foods....specifically sour cream and onion chips!

Nichole, mama to 6 blue-eyed babies, LCCE, doula, apprentice mw
Old 10-21-2005, 10:49 PM

I had a huge craving for pizza. Well not anymore. I have pizza tonight and I don't think that my baby likes pizza becasue it made me SOOOOOO sick. I do not ever want to see pizza again. Other than that Stake n Shake dark chocolate fudge milkshake. But only at night becasue I do not get an appitite unitl like 4pm.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:59 PM

I've made pizza for dinner 3 times this week....lol
But i found my new FAVORITE thing...frozen fruit bars!!!! I bought a box..lol my local market sells them and they have all different fruits..coconut, banana, strawberry, kiwi, ...mmmmm so good!!!!

Julia
Old 10-22-2005, 01:42 AM

I haven't had any cravings yet...I am actually forcing myself to eat since I know I'll be ill if I don't. I'm trying my best to get all my water in & I think that may be filling me up. We'll see what tomorrow brings
mary

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

Old 10-22-2005, 01:54 AM

I'm craving spicy stuff. Jalapenos, buffalo wings, mexican food, and cajun food (I'm from LA so that's not much of a stretch).

Hopefully I crave better stuff this time around. Last time all I wanted was cookies and ice cream. I ate whole packages of chips ahoy in less than an hour and I had Marble Slab or Cold Stone nearly every day. Sometimes twice a day! Needless to say I ended up with a 10.5 pound baby. I only gained 25 lbs though, so it may no have been my eating habits that made him so big...supposedly my placenta was enormous.
Old 10-22-2005, 02:05 AM

Healthy, raw stuff likes veggies and nuts.

I am a very healthy eater in general, however...Fridays are ice cream days at work and the freezer is filled with Drumsticks, Toll House Ice Cream Sandwiches, Fatboys, etc....this is my vice and I always have something. Today I looked in the freezer and nothing looked appealing...I just ate my rice and veggies and was content.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:56 AM

I haven't felt like eating, but have been making myself do so. I've been *SO* indecisive about food, it's annoying. I can't wait for the cravings to start just I don't have to *decide* about what to eat! Coco - I'm in the EXACT same boat as you are!

I've had mild cravings for KFC fried chicken, mashed potatoes, Life cereal, biscuits, cheesecake...haven't indulged yet, though...angel hair pasta w/sauce last night was particularly yummy.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:55 PM

Miracle Whip.

For lunch I have had 2 slices of Ezekial bread toastes with 2 cooked eggs and MW. I've had this for like 4 days now. I keep offering to make one for dh but he always passes. I've also been having a thing for pizza from this dumpy place in our old neighborhood. We actually stopped going there becaus eI was waiting to p/u instead of having it delivered and noticed how absolutely filthy the place is and now I'm like, "Let's order from Pizza World" and dh won't let me.

Old 10-24-2005, 01:16 AM

Fresh lemonaid, ice cream and french fries or potato chips. Nothing else sounds good or does anything for my appetite. Last night my mom and I took ds#2 to my absolutely favorite pizza place (not your typical pizza ... the best stuff in the world and homemade creamy garlic dressing on their salad) ... it just didn't do it for me. I was sooooo bummed. I ate anyways, but picked at a lot because I didn't feel well. Tonight I talked dh into Quizno's for subs since we had a coupon, and I had to make myself eat my sandwich, which usually is the yummiest thing around. I loved the potato chips though, so after dinner, he walked around the corner to Thrifty's and bought 6 half-gallons of ice cream and two huge bags of potato chips for me. I'm hoping this appetite thing doesn't last for too long ... not sure how well I can nurse a toddler and grow a baby on potato chips and ice cream!

Unfortunately I can't even phathom the idea of fresh anything, and cooking makes me want to gag. I'm hoping only another month of this (I never had this with either boy); I would like to provide some nutrition to my boys and dh (they are kind of fending for themselves). At least the boys love to go in the fridge and get an apple out, or ask me to peel them a banana.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
Old 10-24-2005, 01:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimid
Miracle Whip.

For lunch I have had 2 slices of Ezekial bread toastes with 2 cooked eggs and MW. I've had this for like 4 days now. I keep offering to make one for dh but he always passes. I've also been having a thing for pizza from this dumpy place in our old neighborhood. We actually stopped going there becaus eI was waiting to p/u instead of having it delivered and noticed how absolutely filthy the place is and now I'm like, "Let's order from Pizza World" and dh won't let me.
Okay, I have to know (though am fearing I am right ): do you actually top the eggs on the bread with MW? Oh boy ... :LOL ... I'm going to have to work hard to get that image out of my head, even if it's wrong!

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
Old 10-24-2005, 09:04 AM

My cravings are changing daily. In fact, in some cases, I'll get what I'm craving, devour it, and then NEVER WANT TO SEE IT AGAIN! The thought of some of the stuff I've been eating makes me want to gag! (Annies Mac&Cheese with chipotle tabasco sauce mixed in? Ew! But I so wanted it then...)

I'm so not in the mood to cook, either, which is weird because I usually love to cook. It's not so much that it makes me sick, but more that I'm completely uninspired and disinterested. I've had canned soup two nights in a row! And we've been having a lot of Thai food lately (something I haven't gotten sick of yet).

I do have to say that DH and I were both in the mood for mexican yesterday, and went to this place we had been to once before. The chips were awesome, so I got my hopes up for the meal. It was the most disappointing thing on the planet! The blandest, heaviest, boringest thing ever. I thought I would cry, I was so bummed. We just have got to come to terms with the fact that Metro Detroit has the worst Mexican food on the planet.

chiromama, I am SOOOO envious of you in Portland! I would be eating Burgerville black bean gardenburgers and Cha Cha Cha wet burritos everyday if I were there! Maybe it's a good thing I'm not there actually, i'd probably have gained 25 lbs by now!

Chessa , mama to Silas T (6/06) , wife to Chad . Welcome August Emerson! 2/8/10
Old 10-24-2005, 01:34 PM

I can't cook right now either. It' so hard - just no interest and it makes me sooo sick. I can't seem to find anything that works for me. I wish I was having cravings! If something sounds at all appealing, I try it, but it still doesn't taste good. And yet I keep forcing the food down even though it tastes like crap, because I feel way worse when I don't eat.
Old 10-24-2005, 03:04 PM

im not having any discernable cravings yet...w/ dd#1 it was green apples and kfc's mashed potatos and gravy (not together) and w/ dd#2 it was fried dill pickles : they're so good though...yesterday dh asked if i wanted some and it didn't sound good...im kinda craving burger and fries...oohhh and kettle corn was really good last night!! and chocolate is always welcome
Old 10-24-2005, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

Keeta, LOL. I feel the same way. One day I'll crave beef, the next turkey and then I'll dislike both the next day. I'm still craving ice cream though. I also have ZERO desire to cook when I usually love to. Food just doesn't have the pull with me it used to, though I eat. trust me.

Stacy--I hope you're feeling better.

B

mom to dd 8/03 ds 6/06 and numero tres, ds 11/11 stillheart.gif

Old 10-24-2005, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLittleWonders
Okay, I have to know (though am fearing I am right ): do you actually top the eggs on the bread with MW? Oh boy ... :LOL ... I'm going to have to work hard to get that image out of my head, even if it's wrong!
I make a sandwich out of it. Spread the MW on the toast and then stick the eggs in between the 2 slices. Sooooo goooood. I don't think the MW topped eggs sounds as good. Maybe I'll try it? !

Old 10-24-2005, 05:14 PM

I was giving a massage outside the other day and got a whiff of a bacon cheeseburger from the restaurant and it smelled good.

I am an 18 year vegetarian!

I will not eat meat, but it did smell good for a moment.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:06 PM

Today it's mashed potatoes!

I've gone through the gammit...pizza, tacos, mac & cheese, sherbet, and the list goes on and on...

I wonder if our bodies crave these weird things because there's something that we need that we can get from these foods...but pizza? I don't get it..

Potatoes have Vitamin B right? Maybe that's what I'm low on...maybe it will help this nausea...

One good thing...I'm eating us out of house and home, but haven't gained a pound. Of course, I'm still nursing my 19mo. so that might have something to do with it...she's starting to slow down, though, thank goodness. My nips are killing me, but that's another thread!
Old 10-24-2005, 10:10 PM

i wanted a burger and fries for lunch and when dh brought it to me it didn't taste good im in the same boat as many of you guys...something sounds good, but when i go to eat it, it no longer sounds/smells good...it really sucks! i can't wait to either enjoy food again or have some really good cravings, so atleast something will sound good again! :

User Tag List