New OB or Old OB? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 10-24-2005, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a bit of a problem. I have an Ob that I saw when I was pregnant with DD. She is very cold, sterile and not a great bedside manner, KWIM? She did not deliver DD (she told me from the beginning that she may or may not deliver B/c "I have a life too."). So needlesss to say I want to change doctors. The problem is I don't know anyone in my area to ask for a reference. There is a mama here on MDC who gave the name of her doctor. Should I go to this other OB and leave mine or stick to who I know. I hate to switch doctors during my pregnancy, but I'm dreading going to my old OB. WWYD? TIA!
#2 of 10 Old 10-24-2005, 03:45 PM

Change docs - it's not a big deal to do so. However, having a bad OB IS A BIG DEAL.
#3 of 10 Old 10-24-2005, 03:48 PM

I agree with Stacy. It's early enough to comfortably change OBs. You have to be happy with who you see.

B

mom to dd 8/03 ds 6/06 and numero tres, ds 11/11 stillheart.gif

#4 of 10 Old 10-24-2005, 03:49 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks. I really want to have a better experience this time. I wish there was a midwife in my area, but an OB will have to do. Going to call new OB right now!
#5 of 10 Old 10-25-2005, 10:24 AM

I'm going throught the same thing - I didn't want to use the same OB OR the same hospital as last time. So I aasked around a lot & found a new OB that I am very excited about. Go for it
#6 of 10 Old 10-25-2005, 10:45 AM

Switch. If you already know you don't like her, it won't get any better! I would try to OB recommended by the MDC mom, you never know. And if you don't like that one, keep trying! YOU are early enough that you more than enough time to build a relationship with a new care provider.

~C~
#7 of 10 Old 10-25-2005, 10:48 AM

Just do it! I did. My old gyno made me feel dumb when I talked to her about TTC, and I didn't want to use the hospital she was affiliated with. I got a rec for an OB off an old MDC post and made an appointment with my new doc. I'm soooo glad! She is awesome.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? And like other pp's said, you're still early enough that if the first new doc doesn't work out, you could always try another one. Dreading the doctor is not a fun place to be in.

Chessa , mama to Silas T (6/06) , wife to Chad . Welcome August Emerson! 2/8/10
#8 of 10 Old 10-25-2005, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks mamas I made an appointment with the new OB. I have an appointment on Nov. 11.
#9 of 10 Old 10-26-2005, 01:32 PM

Heck, I've fired an OB at 23 weeks! LOL I figure that I'm paying them for a service and if I'm not happy with that service then it is absolutely my right (maybe responsibility?) to find care that did satisfy me. They get paid by the ins company after the birth, so most OBs will take you on later in pregnancy just because the birth is the paycheck... ya know?

--K knit.gifluxlove.gif = dsd '01, ds1 '01, ds2 '03, dd1 '06, dd2 '09 grouphug.gif

#10 of 10 Old 10-26-2005, 04:18 PM

I am glad to read that you have an appt with a new OB. There is nothing worse than birthing with a person you don't want in the room

Let us know how the new OB is!!

mary

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page