So tired! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-24-2005, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am so exhausted all the time. My house is so messy and I have very little energy or motivation to clean it. I can't wait until 7:30 when I lay down with the kids to put them to bed. I can't take a nap because unfortunatly my 3 and a half year old recently stopped napping. Any tips for getting a little more energy? Anyone else extremely exhausted?
#2 of 8 Old 10-24-2005, 09:06 PM

Erin, would it be possible to get your 3.5 year old to lie down with you and have quiet time at least? You could both snuggle in bed with some books and at least you could close your eyes for a few minuts while he looks at some books and has some quiet time?

B

mom to dd 8/03 ds 6/06 and numero tres, ds 11/11 stillheart.gif

#3 of 8 Old 10-24-2005, 10:17 PM - Thread Starter

we do that, quiet time is very important. But I can't fall asleep knowing he's awake. The quiet time does help maybe I'll try to extend it a little longer.
#4 of 8 Old 10-24-2005, 11:30 PM

Mommy2boys, I love your location!

I have been really tired, too. The things that have helped... after work (I work part-time) I come home with DS and put in a baby Einstien movie for 30 minutes. I relax and shut my eyes, sometimes doze off, but he's so interested in the movie that he doesn't go anywhere. I know it's not great, but I don't do it every day and heck, it gets me some much needed rest.

Also, DH gets up with DS in the morning on the weekends and Sunday I slept until almost 10! It was awesome...

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#5 of 8 Old 10-25-2005, 12:04 AM

Erin,

I've been completely exhausted this past week. Luckily Zion still naps, so I've been forcing myself to nap with him. He actually sleeps longer when I sleep with him than when he naps alone. But, I feel like I'm blowing the whole day wasting time taking a nap. By 7 or 8pm, I'm having to prop my eyelids open! It's 10 now and I've been wanting to go to bed since I woke up from my nap at 2.

I have no idea what I would do if he wouldn't sleep, because I know I absolutely cannot afford to fall asleep with him awake, it would not be a pretty site when I woke up.
#6 of 8 Old 10-25-2005, 03:08 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
My daughter is 3 1/2 as well and I know she would probably love to give up naptime, but that just isn't an option in my house I explain it to her that we all just need our quiet sleep/play/reflection time each day so both the kids go down for naps and I can catch up on homework, housework, or even take a little nappy myself. I don't care if she sleeps, but she does have to go into her room for some quiet time. Often she just reads some books or plays for about 45 minutes and on days that she is actually tired she will fall asleep for a bit. Would it be possible to require some quiet reflection time?
Or else, i am all for cuddling up in bed and watching a kids movie with a lock on teh door so he can't get out Trap him in so you can doze!!
Is he a super active kid who won't slow down at all? If I put on Toy Story for my daughter and give her something to eat and something to drink.... I could probably sleep through the whole thing and I don't think she would move until the movie ended. My son on the other hand.....

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

#7 of 8 Old 10-25-2005, 02:44 PM

I feel so lucky to be consulting right now, setting my own hours. My exhaustion starts at about 11am and lasts until 7pm. Then kicks in again at 9 and I drag myself out of bed at 7am. Gosh, I would sleep 16 hours a day if I could.

Still, I'm barely getting any work done, and my house is also a disaster area. Good thing the boys (3 & 6yo) can clean up after themselves!

Mom to : DS1 (11), DS2 (8), DD3 (4), : DS4 (1), and : : :
#8 of 8 Old 10-26-2005, 01:23 PM

I completely cut out caffine when I found out I was pregnant, but on the really rough days I'll have 1/2 a cup of coffee or a glass of iced tea... Not often and not alot, but it does help on the days when I feel like I'm really dragging. Also, the acupuncture that I raved about for morning sickness really seemed to help with the fatigue too...

Good luck to you! It will all pass soon, right? ...right?

--K knit.gifluxlove.gif = dsd '01, ds1 '01, ds2 '03, dd1 '06, dd2 '09 grouphug.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page