One word that describes your life right now.. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 10-25-2005, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mine would be chaos. Laundry is out of control, house is dirty, nothing seems to be getting done. Anyone elses house really messy. My son has worn the same pants 3 days in a row : I keep telling myself 4 more weeks and I should feel better.
#2 of 27 Old 10-25-2005, 10:48 AM

When I first saw your title, my immediate response was "surreal". I can't believe I am pregnant again and I have SO much to do. I did quit my job last week..but I am still head homeroom parent, head of the playground committee, was asked to help with a police wives auxillery, and am doing a home party business that is keeping me busy now that it is the holiday season!

Maybe "overwhelmed" would be a better word....

~C~
#3 of 27 Old 10-25-2005, 06:23 PM

pukey

Seriously, the m/s is getting old and I am only 6weeks pregnant!! It didn't start until 8 weeks last time & was no where near as bad!

But I think I have figured out a system that works - I stick with gatorade, gingerale, and crackers from the time I get up until around 3 pm (when the nausea settles down) and then have a snack at 3, dinner around 6, and another snack before bed. So, it's not ideal, but at least I have stopped losing weight and am staying hydrated!!
#4 of 27 Old 10-25-2005, 07:14 PM

chaos. coco4cloth you described my life perfectly right now.
#5 of 27 Old 10-25-2005, 08:07 PM

surreal, frightening, vulnerable to be honest with you. After having a m/c at 10 weeks this past spring, I feel very vulnerable these days. Other than this, I'm doing ok.

mom to dd 8/03 ds 6/06 and numero tres, ds 11/11 stillheart.gif

#6 of 27 Old 10-25-2005, 08:09 PM

Overwhelmed.
I run my own business, i only work part time, but still have a lot to do. I don't have the energy to care about patients and what they are going through. I haven't cleaned my house in what seems like forever, thankfully my husband does most of it. he's a lifesaver!
I'm finally to the 'tired all the time' stage. I just don't want to do anything... I don't even want to knit!
My eczema has flared up, and i'm red and itchy all over. it's gonna be a long winter if it's hormonal.
the nausea came back with a vengance... lots of gagging over the sink for me (never vomit - only once).

So... overwhelmed. I'm still so shocked and happy that we're finally pregnant. Part of me still doesn't believe it.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#7 of 27 Old 10-25-2005, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco4cloth
Mine would be chaos. Laundry is out of control, house is dirty, nothing seems to be getting done. Anyone elses house really messy. My son has worn the same pants 3 days in a row : I keep telling myself 4 more weeks and I should feel better.

Could have been me talking but I got a burst of energy and got every bit of laundry done.
Semi chaos is us.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#8 of 27 Old 10-25-2005, 09:26 PM

One word: bleh.
#9 of 27 Old 10-25-2005, 09:46 PM

hungry? i feel like i am snacking constantly.

other than that, exhausted.... i just started a new job in which everything is chaotic--i have 160 emails all requiring action that i have gotten and i have been here for a week and a half. the house is a disaster as i have been getting home late, eat, spend time with my son and go to bed. and the weekends, yeah, no housework going on there.... i just took down a serious cobweb yesterday that i have no idea when it appeared. i'm not the best duster and i have high ceilings.....

but on a positive note, i think i may finally be figuring out what i want in life. the baby is making me think of getting everything in order, you know?

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#10 of 27 Old 10-25-2005, 09:58 PM

overwhelming, I guess. We're closing on a place in a few weeks, so I have packing for a move looming, plus some decorating/construction plans for the new space. I've landed several good consulting jobs (I work for myself), but they are all very tightly scheduled in the same timeframe. I started having some nausea last week, and on the worst day, I ended up crying to my husband and saying "I don't know how people do this, I don't want a baby anymore!" Luckily the nausea subsided, and I'm hoping it stays away! My emotions are just all over the place, and I feel ambivalent about even having a kid.
#11 of 27 Old 10-25-2005, 10:05 PM

helen, i moved while pregnant with ds, it is not fun. i was just starting to show and no one would let me lift or carry anything but all this stuff needed to get done... hang in there.

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#12 of 27 Old 10-25-2005, 10:15 PM

Helen, Ambivalence is a common feeling, I've read. I haven't felt that way, but then again, infertility changes the way you feel about a lot of things. No matter what you feel now, I'm sure it will change when the symptoms subside.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#13 of 27 Old 10-26-2005, 12:09 AM

I think my word would be tired. Mentally, emotionally, physically....tired. I have the energy to do things half the time but then not the will to get started. I have a million projects looming over my head and Im too overwhelmed to do them. Instead I sit and vegg on the computer....ahhh I should go to bed!
#14 of 27 Old 10-26-2005, 11:12 AM

SICK SICK SICK! Worse morning sickness than with DD. Tired. My house is a disaster.

Ugh.

L

ribboncesarean.gif   vbac.gif  My kids jammin.gif  

#15 of 27 Old 10-26-2005, 11:18 AM

blessed. definitely. two healthy kiddos, just married (on saturday!) to the best partner on earth, working from home, healthy myself, feeling sick and exhausted and overwhelmed, but no real tragedies here. i am a very blessed mama.

Mom to : DS1 (11), DS2 (8), DD3 (4), : DS4 (1), and : : :
#16 of 27 Old 10-26-2005, 12:21 PM

Tired ... very tired. Yesterday I kept telling ds#1 (4 y.o.) that he has to let mommy sleep. :LOL We were gone a bunch during the day yesterday and then again all night last night and I was so done for the day.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#17 of 27 Old 10-26-2005, 01:44 PM

overwhelmed would be my word too.

The nausea, utter exhaustion, we are selling our house-closing in one week and the amount to get done-ughh.

Plus there is all of the halloween stuff for ds1 and ds2.

We are moving to a new state in the middle of dec-when am I even going to think of getting the Christmas stuff done.

I just want to crawl under the covers and hide.
#18 of 27 Old 10-26-2005, 01:47 PM

Christmas? ha!! I laugh at Christmas!! our family has a rule that you have to make all the gifts. I think this year, I'll be making a gift certificate to somewhere else. And besides... I'm making them a cousin/nieceor nephew/grandchild... that's enough making for me.

#19 of 27 Old 10-26-2005, 01:58 PM

My life right now? Big. I feel huge (that can't be my fundus already?!) and beginning to think my charts and cycles were so off that I'm a month further along than I am (no, really, not possible... negative tests and all that the last month and then really faint one just when it should have been for this babe...)

Then my kids are just huge. I just grow 'em big, I guess, but they both look huge to me... Good thing I'm makin' another little one. LOL

And my DH has really big shoulders. He's doing pretty much everything that needs to get done around the house, with the kids and pretty much all the business stuff too.

So, yeah, big. Lots of big-ness.

--K knit.gifluxlove.gif = dsd '01, ds1 '01, ds2 '03, dd1 '06, dd2 '09 grouphug.gif

#20 of 27 Old 10-26-2005, 04:16 PM

I actually can use the word *WOO HOO* on how I am doing & feeling .
I've been a little grumpy & made myself get more sleep & I feel great with sleep My house is liveable, my clothes clean & my son is happy knowing that he will have a new baby brother or sister when he turns 5 1/2.
WOW! I hope I feel like this tomorrow
mary

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#21 of 27 Old 10-27-2005, 12:18 AM

I would have to go with tired and huge. Yah, I know it is 2 words, but if I'm not asleep, I want to be or I've just woken up and it seems everytime I go into the closet something else is ready for the "There is no way in heck I'm fitting into that for at least 2 years" box.

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif
#22 of 27 Old 10-27-2005, 11:04 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
hmmmmmmm. roller-coaster. sometimes i feel like i could run a marathon and then i feel like i can barely keep my eyes open. sometimes i am elated and so happy....then i feel overwhelmed, stressed and anxious.
So, yes, roller-coaster is my word.

homeschooling, earth loving Mama to 3 crazy, wonderful boys, ages 10 & 7, & 3 mos.,3 spirit babies                                Inch by inch, row by row.  Gonna make this garden grow  
#23 of 27 Old 10-27-2005, 04:56 PM

I like surreal. We never expected I'd get pregnant so soon after we started trying (honeymoon baby). We never expected we'd find a house so soon after we started looking (1st trip out to look). Now, I'm heartburny, burpy, and occasionally exhausted for no apparent reason. It's all so odd.
#24 of 27 Old 10-27-2005, 05:43 PM

I can't pick just one word! Exhausted (emotionally, physically, mentally), overwhelmed and excited to finally be pregnant again. Attending births, teaching classes, running a birth network and chasing 3 kids, 4 and under is starting to catch up to me. Oh, and we are considering moving again which I'm sure would lessen my stress. I have fairly easy pregnancies and this one seems to be the same so no real complaints there!

Nichole, mama to 6 blue-eyed babies, LCCE, doula, apprentice mw
#25 of 27 Old 10-27-2005, 06:46 PM

One word .... how about "bloated" cuz, I'm 7 weeks 5 days and the baby is the size of an olive, so I know this gut isn't baby ... but um, it sure wasn't here a few weeks ago

Of course, it may have a little something to do with the fact that I am eating everything that isn't nailed down ... even things I don't normally like, like grapefruit or Wheat Chex, I simply MUST eat. (insert mooing sound here)

This is how bad it is kids: I can be eating, get the urge to purge, go puke, and then come back to the table and keep eating, as if nothing happened. If I'm not eating, then it must be because I'm puking or sleeping

I'm still holding the maternity clothes at bay, but sweatpants have been the coutoure of choice for the past few days. OH la la la, so sexy!

knit.gifKara~ Rockin' Granola wife to Christopher and mama to J (Nov. '01), M (June '06), L (May '08) and stork-girl.gif (edd 8/3/11)
2011:  a year to Make Do, Do Without, or Do It Ourselves 
#26 of 27 Old 10-28-2005, 08:38 PM

We have a word of the day around here and every day it's Hope. Although things are very stressful and yet happy around here we're actually going through alot.

We recently got married and are newlyweds. Found out we are having babe! (honeymoon babe!). Pure Joy. However, it's also stressful that it did happen right away, and also my mother who we found out has cancer (in june) will be going through a stem cell transplant within the next month or so. It's a very stressful thing for all of our family but somehow this babe in my belly has brought us tons of hope and the nice thing is if all goes well this babe will be born in my mothers birth month. I love that and I feel so blessed. I really have mixed feelings but the word that stays in my mind is Hope. Although things can get really sucky we still have alot of hope and it feels good.
#27 of 27 Old 11-01-2005, 01:26 PM

Getting married in 11 days, just getting the hang of the new sleeping and eating routine and now I'm beginning to feel what seems suspiciously like nausea - this weird feeling like something is pushing on my stomach from below. I've sort of given myself over to all of this and am floating on the faith that somehow it will all work out. The wedding will go off well, I won't get sick during the reception, my family will find a way to be happy for me, and I will get my parental act together by June. That's my mantra "it will all work out." Meantime, I'm queasy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page