I am in pain - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 20 Old 10-26-2005, 07:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I feel like I am going to explode. I feel like I have gas that is trapped and won't come out. It is so painful. It is up high in my stomach. My stomach is making awful nosies. Maybe tmi but I feel like I need to just rip one Anyone suffer from this. I have been having digestive problems since becoming pregnant. Hardly any of my bm's have been soild. I had my gallbladder removed 5 yrs ago after my first was born, I kind of remember having this problem with my last. What should I do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 20 Old 10-26-2005, 07:41 PM

I'm in the same boat - painful gas, stomach noises, etc. I feel like I have the stomach flu every day. Then you add the nausea on top and well....

I don't know what to do. I'm just trying to ride it out.
#3 of 20 Old 10-26-2005, 07:46 PM - Thread Starter

Well at least I know I'm not alone I have moments where I can't stand up This sucks!
#4 of 20 Old 10-26-2005, 09:20 PM

Hi, there may be some homeopathic type remedy you could use, try

http;//www.abchomeopathy.com

B

mom to dd 8/03 ds 6/06 and numero tres, ds 11/11 stillheart.gif

#5 of 20 Old 10-27-2005, 12:07 AM

Hi fellow digestive problem sufferers!
I've had this problem since before I got pregnant, I have IBS and a bit of a candida problem as well. I was actually in the middle of a candida cleanse when I got pregnant. If I eat irritating foods, my stomach bloats up like no tomorrow! Even before I got pregnant, some days I could look like I was 5 months along!

Well, since getting pregnant, even if I eat the most mild, non-irritating foods, my stomach is totally bloated and painful! I can't figure out what to eat to make my guts feel better, I think I may just have to suffer through this for the next 8 months! I guess I'm not the only one out there! And I feel like people can already tell I'm pregnant even though I'm only about 6 weeks along. I can't button up my normal jeans without being in pain! And I get the painful, gut-wrenching gas, the kind that sometimes I also can't stand up!

So, any nice herbal rememedies we could all use for this? Any ideas for tummy soothing teas or something?
#6 of 20 Old 10-27-2005, 01:10 AM

I had this at the beginning when I wasn't eating a lot. Since I started forcing myself to eat the nausea and gas is pretty much gone. I hope you figure it out and feel better!

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif
#7 of 20 Old 10-27-2005, 12:00 PM

How about asking the mamas on the general pregnancy board. I get awesome info and tips on that board. Good luck!

B

#8 of 20 Old 10-27-2005, 12:01 PM

I felt like that the other day, after eating 2 bowls of this high-fiber, high-protein cereal... : cereal being something I can eat without gagging or getting too queasy from... I don't think I'll be eating any more of that cereal since the effects last up to 24 hrs later...and they ain't pretty...!

I don't know if this will help anyone, but drinking ginger ale, seltzer water, & mint tea (not all at once) & eating candied ginger has made me feel better. Also small, frequent snacks of crackers, pretzels, or granola bars. We usually have no soda in the house, but this an exception, of course.
#9 of 20 Old 10-27-2005, 12:05 PM

maybe some gripe water- you give it to babies w gas- try it out.

Or simethicone tablets relieve gas.

Also I know this might be tough- get walking if you have the energy. It might get that gas moving along.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#10 of 20 Old 10-27-2005, 02:07 PM - Thread Starter

I have had diarrhea since 2 am this morning. So I think I must have little bug I can't keep anything down. I am throwing up too. Oh boy.
#11 of 20 Old 10-27-2005, 02:11 PM

coco, hugs to you. I hope you feel better soon.

I just pulled this information about gas on MDC:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...ead.php?t=3635

If they recomend anything herbal, you want to make sure that it is pg safe.

B

#12 of 20 Old 10-28-2005, 01:01 AM

I would think that a good fiber supplement would help as well. I got my "new mommy" bag from the dr last week and inside was a ton of fiberall caplets to try....now I guess I know why. I dont seem to have the problem you are having, but I would think that a good once a day fiber source might help move things along. Otherwise, maybe the mylacan (sp?) gas drops might help. I know they are used for babies but they do have an adult dosage. Might be safe while pregnant? Dunno. Hope you get some relief soon!
#13 of 20 Old 10-28-2005, 02:02 PM

Chiming in to say I suffered this last week, after a secong helping of garlic potatoes. I didn't know I was pg, then.
#14 of 20 Old 10-28-2005, 04:09 PM

Gas and serious constipation. I know I'm probably not drinking enough water, but it seems like I'm forcing as much liquid down as I can already.

Coco, you have my sympathy! I don't know which is worse, the gastric disturbance or the sleep disturbance.

So, some herbal remedies are okay? Still haven't seen the doc, so I don't know much.
#15 of 20 Old 10-28-2005, 04:50 PM

er, this too shall pass?
sorry! couldn't resist

Seriously, tho, I hope you feel better soon. That sounds really painful and no fun.

knit.gifKara~ Rockin' Granola wife to Christopher and mama to J (Nov. '01), M (June '06), L (May '08) and stork-girl.gif (edd 8/3/11)
2011:  a year to Make Do, Do Without, or Do It Ourselves 
#16 of 20 Old 10-28-2005, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter

I am still sick. let's just put is this way, I am not making it to the bathroom I guess I will call tomorrow if I don't feel better. I am staying hydrated although I don't know how. Whatever I eat comes out right away. Example, red jello comes out red. YUCk!
#17 of 20 Old 10-29-2005, 04:20 PM

I posted about this on another thread, but I have had stomach problems for over 10 years and the first trimester always make them worse. I accidently stumbled upon something that has all but made my symptoms disappear and it is a prenatal vitamin. It is Super Nutrition's Prenatal Blend, 6 a day. I hate taking pills and it kills me to have to choke down 6 of these a day, but it is soooo worth it. I ran out several weeks ago and the pain and diarrhea instantly returned. Made dh quickly find me more adn again all symptoms have disappeared. I am eating foods I haven't been able to eat in years without fear that they will sending me running for the bathroom or doubling over in pain. These vits are also great for constipation as they contain magnesium and help with regularity. Please try them and I hope they work as well for you as they have for me.

Nichole, mama to 6 blue-eyed babies, LCCE, doula, apprentice mw
#18 of 20 Old 10-31-2005, 06:25 PM

OH THANK GOODNESS!!!! I'm not a freak, and I'm not going to die!!!!

I have been painfully bloated. My tummy sounds like some sort of bubble monster is living inside, and I swear I can feel him crawling around in there. I have been in bed for 2 days thinking I had a stomach flu. Can't walk/stand up all the way. Loving this on top of the gagging/all-day morning sickness! I tried tums, don't know if it helped, but I was desparate. I too have IBS and candidia problems. I've been super yeasty too. eww, bad yeasty beasties!

It's wrong, I know, but I never wanted to fart so bad in my life, AND I JUST CAN'T AHHHHHHH!!!!

Holly, eternally in love partners.gif with Kolby, Raising Juelie Anise (10y), Behnjamin Shen (6y), and Coen Syaoran (4y). Expecting June 2013 2ndtri.gif

#19 of 20 Old 10-31-2005, 06:40 PM

Nichole??

I have a question, how big are those vits? I have a lot of trouble swallowing pills and now that I'm gagging on even the thought of them, well, you know...
Like, pretty much anything bigger than tylenol isn't going down. Just curious, I've resorted to taking a double dose of children's chewables (even though they contain sugar). Also, where can you buy these, is there anywhere to order them online?

Thanks!

Oh, and has anyone tried acidolpholis? My Chiropractor recommended it and it does seem to help, I've been taking the liquicaps twice a day. Helps with the bloating at least. I was also recommended "Primal Defense." Supposedly, it's the top selling acidolpholis in the country and works wonders for candidia. The man told me to watch out though, your bowels will detox like a monkey! Anyone tried this stuff? I'd love to hear more about it before trying, otherwise I'll probably wait till after the baby is born, don't know how I can handle anymore bodily sensations right now!

Holly, eternally in love partners.gif with Kolby, Raising Juelie Anise (10y), Behnjamin Shen (6y), and Coen Syaoran (4y). Expecting June 2013 2ndtri.gif

#20 of 20 Old 11-01-2005, 03:51 PM

The vits are pretty decent sized - not the biggest I have ever seen, but substantial. I also don't like taking them because they make me gag, but I don't take all 6 of them at once and take them throughout the day. This same company also makes the one a day, but it will not have the same effects as the nutrients are greatly diminshed by the decrease in dosage. At this point, gagging is far better than the alternative for me. Stomach pain that is so intense it makes you throw up is really no better. I found them through a local midiwfe and then had to look them up online to find them locally. I saw that they also sell them online as well.

You name it and I have tried it over the last 10 years for pain and other IBS symptoms (prescription meds, OTC, alternative, etc.) and this is the only thing that I have found that provides effective results for me. Good luck!

Nichole, mama to 6 blue-eyed babies, LCCE, doula, apprentice mw

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page