Morning sickness - does it come and go for you? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 10-27-2005, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi ladies,

I'm just wondering what's going on with my body. Last week on Wednesday (6w2d), I had a day of diarrhea coinciding with several days of nausea. I threw up once on the first day, which was the most intense/exhausting. I had been feeling fine up until that point, but I started thinking "oh boy, here it comes, I'm in for a few weeks of yuck." But then it stopped, and I've been all-clear since Saturday night.

So I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping it was just a bug (we ate at $%#@ Olive Garden the night before it all started, and husband had diarrhea too), but wondering if anyone can share experiences - does your MS give you days of relief at a time, or is it pretty consistently a daily affair once it kicks in? It's driving me nuts trying to plan my work schedule, wondering if I should keep things low key in case it comes back, or if I can just plow ahead. Plus I've read things like "report loss of pregnancy symptoms to your midwife," but then again my boobs are still like rocks.

thanks!
#2 of 7 Old 10-27-2005, 03:08 PM

My symptoms come and go, helen. Some days, I feel awful, other days, I feel pretty good. My boobs stopped hurting like crazy about a week ago, but I'm not too worried. I think it's normal for your body to get used to the level of hormone for a bit, and then have symptoms again when the levels increase.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#3 of 7 Old 10-27-2005, 03:28 PM

I haven't had days of peace yet, but I've had a few hours at a time where I'm not throwing up. Hopefully you'll luck out and not get too sick, I didn't with my DS. This time, however, I think my stomach hates me.

Mom of 3 (Evan, Trey, Saffron ) Blogs at findingsummer.com
#4 of 7 Old 10-27-2005, 06:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama
My symptoms come and go, helen. Some days, I feel awful, other days, I feel pretty good. My boobs stopped hurting like crazy about a week ago, but I'm not too worried. I think it's normal for your body to get used to the level of hormone for a bit, and then have symptoms again when the levels increase.
Korin, thanks for sharing. I think it's amazing how differently our bodies react to what is essentially the same process. I'm not really worried about lack of symptoms, in fact I'm crossing my fingers that the barf stays away!
#5 of 7 Old 10-27-2005, 06:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillake
I haven't had days of peace yet, but I've had a few hours at a time where I'm not throwing up. Hopefully you'll luck out and not get too sick, I didn't with my DS. This time, however, I think my stomach hates me.
Amazing how different each pregnancy can be for the body. I really hope you feel better soon! I've heard a "more nausea with girls" theory, but I'm sure there are plenty of people who can anecdotally contradict that.
#6 of 7 Old 10-27-2005, 07:41 PM

I know my nausea usually fades for the day around 3 or 4 p.m. - but some days are better than others too...I think w/ the m/s there are other contibuting factors like your blood sugar, how much you've been able to keep down, activity level - that can affect things sometimes. Mine is bad & I'm 6 weeks (& 3 days iirc?) Last time it didn't start till 8 weeks & wasn't as bad as this.

Hope yours is on it's way out!
#7 of 7 Old 10-28-2005, 10:43 AM - Thread Starter

CaraboosMama: I hope you feel better soon! I guess what I'm learning is that everyone's body is different, even from pregnancy to pregnancy. So interesting. I am constantly feeding myself little meals, so maybe that is helping keep it from flaring up too badly.

Your username makes me grin because my younger sister Cara was always called Caraboo too.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page