Hadn't considered this... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 10-31-2005, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was prepared for pregnancy fatigue to be harder with an older child around.

I was prepared for morning sickness and poopy diapers to be a bad combination.

But, I hadn't realized that morning sickness and a little boy who needs to be fed would be such a difficult balance. At the moment, it looks like ds's lunch will be orange juice and Chex mix. At least it's calcium-enriched OJ. :

I nearly lost it in the food court outside of Gymboree this morning, between watching him eat a muffin and peeling him an orange. An *orange*? I don't remember individual fresh fruit being this disgusting last time.

Anybody else having trouble getting food together for the kids who are already here? I think I'm going to ask dh to start packing a bag breakfast and lunch for ds before he leaves for work in the morning, so I'll have something to fall back on to give him on these really bad days.

Lisa , mom to Isaac (9/1/03), Violet (6/19/06), Simon (10/9/09); wife to Eric ; handservant to Grace :
#2 of 10 Old 10-31-2005, 05:29 PM

Oh, I can totally relate! When I was pregnant with my third I remember actually dropping a box of Cheerios in front of the TV for my then 18 month old. My older son was in school, so he got to eat!

Now I am blessed to have a ten and a half year old who is pretty self reliant. He gets his breakfast and my two daughters, and he can really get anything simple I ask him to. He enjoys helping, and I get to lay on the couch and be sick! At least that is how it went with my last pregnancy...so far not too bad.

~C~
#3 of 10 Old 10-31-2005, 05:48 PM

Oh yes, my sister, oh yes!

I feel so bad for Juels! I've been giving the poor child friut snacks! Cereal, pickles, whatever I can that doesn't smell or have to be cooked. Actually, I can't even look at salad without gagging, and that doesn't smell or have to be cooked... hmmm
Last night daddy cooked dinner for the two of them, I was thankful, though I was hiding in the bedroom with my nose under a blanket, gagging uncontrolably for an hour. Eww... it's still gross.

I've also been letting her watch TV most of the day, which I feel especially bad about (usually she's limited to an hour a day), but I just have too many issues right now

Holly, eternally in love partners.gif with Kolby, Raising Juelie Anise (10y), Behnjamin Shen (6y), and Coen Syaoran (4y). Expecting June 2013 2ndtri.gif

#4 of 10 Old 10-31-2005, 05:57 PM

I'm having the same problem - I can deal w/ the way stuff looks though as long as I don't have to smell it. I've tried holding my nose when I make dd's breakfast & lunch - but what really helped today was putting a small swipe of vicks under my nostrils before I started
#5 of 10 Old 10-31-2005, 06:12 PM

I get what you mean too! I'm not sick, per se, but have major food aversion issues. Last night dh finally cooked some broccoli for him and the boys (yuck!!!), and ds#2 ate it like there was no tomorrow. I feel badly, but there some things that just sound digusting. I'm having a really hard time if I have to actually prepare something as opposed to opening a box and putting it on the table. : Just remember: this too shall pass.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#6 of 10 Old 10-31-2005, 08:59 PM

Oh I feel for you mamas!! My trouble has been being tired. I hate to admit it but I've allowed dd a green light to watch tv when she wants the last few weeks. At least I limit it to 30 minutes but still....

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#7 of 10 Old 11-01-2005, 01:14 AM

Ah, yes. My mom had to rush over the other day because Zion had taken over the house while I was hugging the toilet for an hour straight. I couldn't cook dinner for him, so she brought food from her house and fed him and changed him and got him ready for bed because there was no way I was going to be able to handle it. I had to stand 15 feet away from the food too because it smelled to high heaven. I've been holding my breath while I cook all the time... eewww.

It's been impossible for me to keep an eye on him when I'm really sick too. He's either jumping on the bed, running on the sofa, or running over to me wanting to stick his hands in the toilet! Thank God my mom could come over the other day because my DH had to pick up a second job, so he's working 6am to 12pm and I just can't do it by myself like this.
#8 of 10 Old 11-01-2005, 11:49 AM

Same in our house. My older two have eaten so much crap lately Dh has to make dinner while I stay in the bedroom. The smell of the stove and the cast iron get me. I also can't stand the smell of the fridge
#9 of 10 Old 11-03-2005, 03:14 PM

There are 2 pans of leftovers in the fridge from over a week ago that I am afraid to even bump. I made a list for hubby when he gets a break (first day of his "weekend" is today) and clearing those straight out to the trash is on the top of the list. I get nauseous just thinking about the odor.
#10 of 10 Old 11-03-2005, 03:54 PM

Ah yes, the dreaded leftovers! I know there are several things in my fridge from over 2 weeks ago... I try not to even look in the direction of the fridge, so I'm not sure how much nasty there is built up in there.

Anyone else having trouble doing the dishes? We have smelly dirty dishes piled up cuz I'm usually too nauseous to stand for more than a few seconds, plus I can't handle the smell of the dishes or the spounge. A few nights ago Kolby broke down and did them (of course they're piled up again) and even the smell of the soap made me gag. This morning I had to use a baby spoon for my corn flakes! I'm dreading how I'll get through the day since he left long before we woke up and won't be home till 11pm. Even if I could stomache cooking, I wouldn't have a pan to cook in!

Holly, eternally in love partners.gif with Kolby, Raising Juelie Anise (10y), Behnjamin Shen (6y), and Coen Syaoran (4y). Expecting June 2013 2ndtri.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page