Spotting and dr. appt on 11/8 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 11-01-2005, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, I just realized I'm spotting, and this time there isn't anything to explain it (ie: sex). It's pretty red too, not dark and/or brown like old blood. I'm scheduled to go to the ob on 11/8 - one week away. My debate with myself is whether to call and try to get in now as an "emergency" or just wait the week out and see what happens. If it's something bad, there's nothing that can be done anyway, and if it's just inconsequential bleeding, there's nothing but taking it easy that I can do (which is next to impossible with two small ones). So, would you call and go in anyway or just wait it out? (I've already had one m/c between my boys, so I've been through the worse case before.)

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#2 of 9 Old 11-01-2005, 05:48 PM

If it were me, I would call & try to be seen earlier/be seen @ the ER. But that's because I know it would drive me crazy all week worrying if I didn't.
#3 of 9 Old 11-01-2005, 06:02 PM

I'm with Caraboo's Mom - if you're not getting what you need from your OB's office, go to an ER or emergent care center. Or at least call a nurse line if you have one - they can often grease the wheels with the OB's office, if you're more comfortable with that.

My prayers are with you.

L.
#4 of 9 Old 11-01-2005, 07:50 PM

I agree with the pps--go be seen right away so that you know what's going on. Some women just spot a lot in early pg, so try not to think anything negative just yet, but go in and be seen to ease your mind. good luck

mom to dd 8/03 ds 6/06 and numero tres, ds 11/11 stillheart.gif

#5 of 9 Old 11-01-2005, 07:56 PM

I would go ahead and call also.
Hope everything is fine.

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#6 of 9 Old 11-01-2005, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I went ahead and called the office, so someone will probably call me back before the end of the day. I'm not having any cramping, which is good, but who knows ...

#7 of 9 Old 11-01-2005, 09:41 PM - Thread Starter

I called and they called back, almost immediately. My ob wanted to see me then, so I called my dad and asked him to watch the boys for me. (My ob said it was fine to bring them ... she wanted to see me no matter what.) He kept asking, "Is everything okay ... why do you need to go ... ." I was like, "Dad, it's fine ... I'll be right back." I should be honored that my parents care and worry so much.

She did an ultrasound and everything looks fine. Baby's heart is beating away and I was measuring 9 weeks, 2 days. By my LMP, I would be 9 weeks, 4 days, so she said that is fine (especially considering my cycles weren't yet regular). She did send me for a bloodtest to check my progesterone levels. I don't know anything about that, so I'll have to google low progesterone with pregnancy. But, she saw no reason to worry and didn't bat an eye when I told her ds#2 (who she delivered on Thanksgiving two years ago ) was still nursing.

I really do like my ob ... I think she's pregnant though (she looked about 5-6 months but I didn't want to say anything just incase), so I'm thinking I'll have to see other ob's in the office while she's out (maybe I can get away with seeing the nurse practioner instead ... I really like her too).

Anyways ... long rambling short: everything looks fine and I'm glad you all talked me into calling!

#8 of 9 Old 11-01-2005, 09:55 PM

Yay! I'm so glad everything is ok. It is so hard not to worry about things like that. I worry every time I feel a slight cramp!

Yay again! Good for you for taking the initiative and getting checked out.

Chessa , mama to Silas T (6/06) , wife to Chad . Welcome August Emerson! 2/8/10
#9 of 9 Old 11-01-2005, 10:03 PM

Just caught this thread. Glad all is well Glad you love your doc,... that is wonderful!

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page