mucousy brown discharge - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 11-01-2005, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I've had mucousy (sp) brown discharge (scant amounts) for a week and a half. I'm getting a blood draw tomorrow to see if my hormone levels are where they should be. Also the NP said they had to be above 3000 to do an ultrasound, which I want for my first appt (monday) to make sure everything is in there as it should be.

Thoughts?
#2 of 8 Old 11-01-2005, 08:03 PM

I've always heard that the more brown in color, the older the blood/discharge. In pregnancy, that is a good thing. It could be some left over lining or something.

mary

A doula who married a cop & became a mama to 3 boys: G 12/22/00, my rainbow baby B 2/2/07 and L 2/10/10 my CBA2V baby, waiting for my little caboose late February 2013 & always remembering my two angels 2006 & 2012.

#3 of 8 Old 11-01-2005, 08:55 PM

I had that happen to me last time. I also heard what Mary did. I think you will be ok but I am thinking of you.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#4 of 8 Old 11-01-2005, 11:17 PM

I had brown discharge last week.My dr said as long as it was not bright red and light not to worry.I was freaked when I saw it the first time. Haven't had any since friday. I wouldn't worry if it isn't bright red, easier said then done.

I hope you feel better and are able not to worry too much,
Kaitlin
#5 of 8 Old 11-03-2005, 12:17 AM - Thread Starter

Well it's poop brown so that's pretty old, I hope. It is mucuosy (sp?) though. Sparing, but it's been off and on for almost 2 weeks. I had a blood draw today to see if the hormone levels are high enough for an ultrasound.

I have been very stressed. This time in my life has just sucked for lack of a better word. My cat died a month ago, we had to put my dog down two days ago, I am quitting my job (boss tends to see red when people quit - not pretty), hopefully starting another one, money is so tight it's not even funny. And then this. I feel like crumpling.
#6 of 8 Old 11-03-2005, 01:01 AM

! Did you ask your doc/MW?

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif
#7 of 8 Old 11-03-2005, 12:59 PM

babybugmama~ to you. sounds like a tough couple of months...

i just went to the restroom and when i wiped there was the same brown mucousy discharge that you're talking about. of course my heart starting pounding, but then i remembered that since its old blood that hopefully its not that big of a deal...maybe tmi, but dh and i had sex tues morning, so im wondering if its from that...i spotted sometimes after sex during my pregnancy w/ my 2nd dd...i have an appt on monday w/ an u/s and it can't get here quick enough!!
#8 of 8 Old 11-03-2005, 01:08 PM - Thread Starter

Kelly I think that is probably exactly what it is. My blood work came back great. She said all my levels were excellent. We scheduled an ultrasound for monday.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page