Anyone Having Their First Appointment This Week? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 11-20-2005, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have my first official appt. this week with the midwife at my practice. I have seen the OB twice about a cyst, but Tuesday is my first full hour with my midwife and I can't wait to hear the baby's HB (hopefully)!

mom to dd 8/03 ds 6/06 and numero tres, ds 11/11 stillheart.gif

#2 of 12 Old 11-20-2005, 07:29 PM

Yup, we go Wednesday.

Lisa, mom to M : 6/02, R : 6/04, m/c 6/8/05, L 6/06, and E 8/07
#3 of 12 Old 11-20-2005, 08:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Not this week, but next week I do. We met with the midwife once to do an interview, so this next one will be our official prenatal appointment. I wanted to wait long enough that we might be able to hear the heartbeat, so I will be 12 weeks at our appointment.

Hope your appointment goes great and you can hear a heart pounding away!

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

#4 of 12 Old 11-22-2005, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

So I had my first official prenatal appt. with my midwife today and we heard the baby's HB!

She also said that I should go for a VBAC and I said that I would love to. She also said that it depends on how things are going. For instance, DD weighed 9.5 pounds and I never went into labor with her, even after 3 inductions. So we'll see.

B

#5 of 12 Old 11-22-2005, 07:03 PM

i go to take all my test at the "prenatal class" and will be scheduled for my first visit with a dr there. gotta love that kaiser insurance sometimes...... i have to be there from 9-1 pm. i better get a chance to eat something or i am going to faint deadway.....

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#6 of 12 Old 11-22-2005, 07:07 PM

I'm having mine the 1st week of Dec, which is when we get insurance and also when I will be 12 weeks. SO excited to hear a heartbeat! But for some reason I feel a little nervous, wierd.

Holly, eternally in love partners.gif with Kolby, Raising Juelie Anise (10y), Behnjamin Shen (6y), and Coen Syaoran (4y). Expecting June 2013 2ndtri.gif

#7 of 12 Old 11-22-2005, 09:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace's voice
I'm having mine the 1st week of Dec, which is when we get insurance and also when I will be 12 weeks. SO excited to hear a heartbeat! But for some reason I feel a little nervous, wierd.
Grace, it's normal to be nervous at your first appointmet. I can't wait to hear about your visit!

#8 of 12 Old 11-23-2005, 02:21 AM

I just had mine today. It was with a new (to me) midwifery group. We had a consult with one of them a couple of weeks ago, but I met a new m/w today, as well as their student. They were absolutely wonderful. This has been a nervewracking couple of days for me, because I had less morning sickness this past weekend, and it was the exact same time of the pg that I started losing my symptoms when I had the m/c 3 years ago. So, I was a little freaked (although I felt a little better once I threw up again last night ). The m/ws were so reassuring and thoughtful, and managed to find the heartbeat, despite my being 10 weeks and having a tipped-back uterus. With all the discussion and pep talk, I ended up being there for 2 hours. I'm *very* happy we switched to this group!

Lisa , mom to Isaac (9/1/03), Violet (6/19/06), Simon (10/9/09); wife to Eric ; handservant to Grace :
#9 of 12 Old 11-23-2005, 10:29 AM

What great appts! I go to my second appt next Wednesday, and I am hoping we can hear the heartbeat. I didn't hear it at my US, and with my lack of symptoms, I also am worrying!!

~C~
#10 of 12 Old 11-23-2005, 12:58 PM

We are going for our first appt with our midwives on Sunday (I'm 10 weeks or so with my first pregnancy ). We interviewed our homebirth midwives a few weeks ago and loved them right away, so we're looking fwd to the first "real" visit. I'm a little anxious, though, because my nausea started waning last week and my breasts aren't as tender as they had been before. I wish my tendency wasn't to assume something is wrong, but rather to trust my body. Hoping to build that trust more over the next several months...
#11 of 12 Old 11-23-2005, 01:46 PM

We heard a HB today! It took lots of convincing to get them to believe me about when I ovulated, just going by my LMP would have been a week off. However, once I convinced the Dr to look at the US they had done at 7 1/2 wks, and it confirmed the dates that I believed, then he believed me and changed my due date. Sometimes I wonder why I go to the Dr at all....

Lisa, mom to M : 6/02, R : 6/04, m/c 6/8/05, L 6/06, and E 8/07
#12 of 12 Old 11-23-2005, 04:48 PM

I had my first appt on the 17th, but I haven't been here to post since then. My appt went well. We couldn't hear the HB, but I was just 10 weeks, so I'm sure we will next time. The appt was with the NP and she was very nice. I have a good feeling about this new doctors office so far. They want me to have an ultrasound Dec 1st to check the due date. I am pretty sure I am right about it, but she said since I am still nursing and had only had a few periods since dd was born she wanted to double check. I am kind of looking forward to it though, since I wasn't able to hear the HB, it will make it more "real."

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page