Mothering Forum banner

Got names?

3K views 71 replies 41 participants last post by  Keeta 
#1 ·
Anyone out there have names picked out? We have our boy name and our girl name (since we don't plan on finding out the sex); but I remember heated discussions about names while pg with my first 2. dh and I totally agree on these names (miracle of miracles). Eamon Farrell for a boy and Lynea Grace for a girl. Both names are a tribute to loved ones, as are our other 2.

Mommy to Meara (6/10/02), Raina (6/10/04), m/c (6/8/05 at 10 wks), and Baby Lovebug edd 6/16/06

#4 ·
We're pretty sure we're having a boy, but are struggling with middle names. Our boy will be Benjamin. Dh is fighting for "Elmer" for a middle name after his grandfather, I like Enoch.

If by some miracle we're both wrong and have a girl we're going with Amara Eden.

#7 ·
girl: no idea yet
boy: no idea yet

I am so excited that other moms already have names selected! It just takes us forever to do this.

#10 ·
We wait till we're out of the first trimester, because once I pick names, I couldn't take them away from that baby and give them to another if something went wrong. (Not that being past the first trimester completely removes that possibility, but it just seems safer to me.) We use a fetal name -- this baby is Remus.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2boys4us
We havent talked about it much I think we will wait until we find out if its a boy or girl

I told dh that we had to decide on both boy and girl names before we had the 20-week ultrasound, because I know us, and if we're told, "It's a ____," it's likely to be hard to buckle down and pick a name for the opposite gender, and I don't want to end up without a name in case the u/s is wrong!

#11 ·
We're going with family names.
Vivian Yehudit for a girl
Avraham Albert for a boy

Since I think it is 2 boys and a girl, I need another boy name. Family thinks its 2 girls and a boy but I've always picked what they were having correctly when they haven't so I trust myself more.

#13 ·
We really haven't talked about it yet, but the general plan is I get to pick the first name and DH gets the middle name. With our DS it was the opposite so it's only fair that we do it this way now.

For a girl I'm rather fond of Jade or Lilith (Lily for short) and for a boy I like Atreyu (big Neverending Story fan).

#14 ·
If the baby is a boy...he will be called James Steven

but if the baby is a girl....we are having a tough time deciding

here is a list of ones we both somewhat agree on - I'd love your feedback:

Natalie
Abigail (although this is v. popular)
Audrey
Gabrielle
Ava
Stella
Isabelle (also v. popular)
Nora

Our last name is Bartolotta, so the names ending in "a" might sound a bit awkward. We are leaning towards finding out the sex ahead of time (last time we waited) but both of us already think it's a girl, so who knows?

any suggestions/comments on our girl names? Our DD is Caroline, so that sort of sets the tone....we wouldn't do a really outlandish name for the new baby w/ such an old fashioned name for our 1st child (i.e no Caroline and Moonbeam
)

thanks,
Kate

#17 ·
I love the name Ava, Abigail is good too, my ex and I were going to use it if we had had another girl (so we'd have Juels and Abby).

Quote:

Originally Posted by happeeevraftr
My top picks, as of the moment:

Girl: Melanie Lenae
Boy: Ky Matthew

Matt's top picks: Anything but Melanie or Ky.
Actually, he hates any name I come up with.

I'm so glad you didn't say Emma! LOL We were going to use it until EVERY baby born lately, esp LDS, is Emma. I like Ky. Not a big fan of Melanie though. Has your husband offered any suggestions, or just disagreed with yours?

In the future we plan on using Kytalynn, Katarina, and dh is set on Khloey (Chloe), but I think it's way overdone. The only other name we have for a boy is Dillan, which I picked out when I was 14, but I don't know if I want to use it anymore. I like Ethan, Soren, Nolan, Noah, and Gavin, dh hates them all! BUT, he picked Benjamin for this one, so I think I should have the say on the next boy (and I would probably pick Nolan).

#18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by CaraboosMama
If the baby is a boy...he will be called James Steven

but if the baby is a girl....we are having a tough time deciding

here is a list of ones we both somewhat agree on - I'd love your feedback:

Natalie
Abigail (although this is v. popular)
Audrey
Gabrielle
Ava
Stella
Isabelle (also v. popular)
Nora

Our last name is Bartolotta, so the names ending in "a" might sound a bit awkward. We are leaning towards finding out the sex ahead of time (last time we waited) but both of us already think it's a girl, so who knows?

any suggestions/comments on our girl names? Our DD is Caroline, so that sort of sets the tone....we wouldn't do a really outlandish name for the new baby w/ such an old fashioned name for our 1st child (i.e no Caroline and Moonbeam
)

thanks,
Kate
I like the -a names with your last name, I think it flows nicely. It different with a -ie name and -ie last name, then its kinda sing-songy. I like Ava and Stella and Audrey. I really like Aubrey. I wanted that name last time but dh vetoed it.

We are waiting to find out the sex. I have a long list of girl names from last time that I could work with but would have to start from scratch for a boy.

#19 ·
Quote:
I'm so glad you didn't say Emma! LOL We were going to use it until EVERY baby born lately, esp LDS, is Emma. I like Ky. Not a big fan of Melanie though. Has your husband offered any suggestions, or just disagreed with yours?
Yes, Emma is way overdone. So is Caleb, which was our boy name (the only one we agreed on) a few years ago, but now I don't want it because it is too popular right now. Matt's only suggestions are things like, oh, Habbukuk! So, basically, no, he won't even come up with anything he likes. I'm seriously beginning to think he doesn't like ANY names.

#20 ·
Girl: Paulina Rose (MIL is Paula - my mom is Rose) and we found out we were pg on St Therese' feast day and Pauline was her older sister/mother figure when her mom died and she is known as "the little flower" as a saint in the Catholic church. She also said when she died, she'd send a shower of roses from heaven... this name would pack a lot of meaning for us as you can see. We'd probably nickname her "Lina" too.

Boy: who knows? We've had Alexander Michael for the last three pgs, but I think it's lost it's luster for us after 7 years - lol. DD1 at 6yo has this list:

Zachariah
Alex
Jared

???? I can't even imagine a boy at this point

#22 ·
We have names we like, but we're not sharing them with extended family so I'm gonna keep 'em quiet here... ;-) We enjoy the unusual though, so it'll be good. LOL

Plus, I've been accused of being a "name thief" by a member of DH's family... so that makes this whole thing that much more stressful.

#23 ·
We have two lists. I am not going to decide until AFTER the baby is born because when I saw Jackson he looked so much like a Daniel I wanted to change. DH said no because everyone knew him as a Jackson, and we has things personalized already (we knew the sex). This time we are not finding out the sex, so it will be easier not to settle on a name I think.

Our lists are:

Girl
(middle name will be Joanne or something similier after my moms sister that died when they were kids):

Amelia
Audrey
Elizabeth
Evelyn
Gabriella
Rebecca

Boys:
(not sure about middle name)

Aiden (I know very popular, but I love it)
Christopher
Elias (Eli)
Ethen
Gabriel (Gabe)
Gage
Isaac
James
Nicholas (Another popular that I love)
Owen
Quinn (and will be the fifth child)
Thomas

So far, that is the list!!

~C~

#24 ·
I love the names Gwyenyth, Vivian and Evelyn.

If the baby is a girl, though, the name Nova is just sticking with me like crazy. Nova Margaret.

If a boy, I'm not sure, but dh likes Xavier and we both like Irish boy names like Sean and Dylan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.