Chat Thread Jan 1-15th - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 115 Old 01-08-2006, 06:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Amy - congrats on the girl!

I finally got around to making my u/s appt - I'll be almost 21 1/2 weeks by then, but oh well. We won't be finding out the gender, but it will be so nice to see how little bean is developing.

I've also been researching midwives in my area and have emailed a couple (one group and one that appears to work solo). If one of them will take me on at this point in time (almost 5 months), dh said do it! I so hope I can find someone that will take me on - they all do home waterbirths, exactly what I want. I'm thinking I won't hear back from anyone until tomorrow though, so I'm trying not to think too hard about it (would be totally bummed if I can't get a mw, but at least I have had positive experiences with my hospital, so it's not like I'd be going back to a really yucky situation except the part where I have to get bounced around until my ob returns).

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#62 of 115 Old 01-08-2006, 07:51 PM

congrats amy!!! another girl!! you'll love it! we love having 2 girls. kinda hoping this one is a boy, just cuz it'd be different, but how cute does 3 girls sound!!

bundlefishmama~its funny that we both have our girls born around the same time and now you're due on my birthday and eventhough my edd is june 25th, im having a repeat section the week of the 18th, so our kiddos will be born around the same time again!! looks like we're getting busy around the same time, he he he

caroline~thinking of you and your poochie. hope she's doing better today!

can't wait to see what everyone's having! our u/s is scheduled for the 23rd of this month. seems like forever away!
#63 of 115 Old 01-09-2006, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2girlies
bundlefishmama~its funny that we both have our girls born around the same time and now you're due on my birthday and eventhough my edd is june 25th, im having a repeat section the week of the 18th, so our kiddos will be born around the same time again!! looks like we're getting busy around the same time, he he he
That IS funny!! I bet we either both end up with 3rd girls or both have boys this time I have no strong sense either way this time, I go back and forth thinking it's a girl and then a boy, so we'll see....I have my u/s on the 16th, so a week from right now I'll know (hopefully! - I would hate it if they couldn't tell for sure, I sooooo want to know!!)

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

#64 of 115 Old 01-09-2006, 03:11 PM

Thanks for all the wishes for my dog..she is home now and doing great. She had elevated kidney functions, but we go for another blood test and they think that by then she will be back to normal. Stupid dog...why would Tylenol possibly taste good to a dog??

My US is next Thursday. I think we will be finding out the sex, but not telling anyone. I am so disconnected from this pregnancy maybe knowing will help.

As far as feeling, I am just tired. We went on a tighter schedule after the new year to try to get more organized, and I think it is working. I have never been a schedule person, but I think now it is called for.

Oh, and much to my husbands delight, my boobs have finally started growing. They seem to have more milk too because the baby nurses for ages now...

~C~
#65 of 115 Old 01-09-2006, 03:28 PM

Caroline - I'm so glad to hear your doggie is better (and apologize for not writing sooner to expresses my wishes for good health). I am continually amazed with what dogs believe tastes good. (*puke*)

Well, I have a consultation with a mw on Friday and will be calling a 2nd mw today to set a consultation with her. I think I'm going to get to do a home water birth!!! I am so dang excited about this and don't care how much we have to pay (I highly doubt we'll get any reimbursement because we have an HMO, but we'll try anyways).

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#66 of 115 Old 01-09-2006, 04:50 PM

Brit...that is wonderful!!

Forgot to mention, I said to my Dh last night "What do you think about having the baby at home?" and to my surprise his answer was "I don't care, do what makes you most comfortable". I was shocked... Later on I was sitting on this bench we have with sides on it while he was on the computer and rubbing my back as I leaned over the side, and he said "This would be a good place to labor for you!"

Of course, that means we would go unassisted...we absolutly cannot pay for a homebirth and the closest MW that would do it is over an hour away...with my short labors it would most likely be unassisted anyway then. SO far we have agreed if it looks like we won't make it to the hospital (about 30 minutes away) we will have the baby here. Just trying to figure out what to do after baby comes....do we go to hosp or just stay home? Keep in mind we have had two babies with complications at and after birth, so that does play a role. I wouldn't mind being at the hospital AFTER, I kind of liked having that time to relax...

~C~
#67 of 115 Old 01-09-2006, 08:47 PM

Had my check-up today and all of us are doing great! They are all measuring 18+ and the OB said my cervix was 4.6 so no worries about bedrest for me right now thankk G-d!! To our dismay at the time, they were all either camera shy or too wiggly to get a good look at what htey were. Later dh said that he thought that was actually good because our next appointment and the structural u/s are in 2 weeks. That means we should know then and we will be done moving so we will have the time to sit and enjoy whatever news we get. I've also gained 20 pounds. The OB said that was okay because he likes to see a pound a week for the first 20 weeks which means I'm pretty much on target.

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif
#68 of 115 Old 01-09-2006, 09:27 PM - Thread Starter

yay mimid! I'm glad they are all doing great. I pray for them to get bigger and love hearing about them Remember- you will tell US right what they are??

I told you after all! (But then again, I also sky wrote it!)

BTW- someone start the chat again on the 16th. I will be enjoying sunny California!

I do not know how having another girl will save me money I saw all these great markdowns today at this dept store near me. I gave away dd's baby holiday dresses, so I found some today for like $12 for next year. Plus some other adorable stuff.
plus
I am now buying all these fab colors for diapers. No money saved

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#69 of 115 Old 01-09-2006, 11:35 PM

Of course I'll tell you!! I keep wanderig through the baby sections and seeing all the great sales. I so want to shop but I really want to wait because lately I've been having this thought that I am wrong and it will be all boys or all girls and some of my stash will have to find new homes. I'm still pretty convinced that A is a boy and B is a girl, but the thought keeps going through my head.

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif
#70 of 115 Old 01-10-2006, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline248
Forgot to mention, I said to my Dh last night "What do you think about having the baby at home?" and to my surprise his answer was "I don't care, do what makes you most comfortable".

Of course, that means we would go unassisted...we absolutly cannot pay for a homebirth and the closest MW that would do it is over an hour away...with my short labors it would most likely be unassisted anyway then. SO far we have agreed if it looks like we won't make it to the hospital (about 30 minutes away) we will have the baby here.

Just trying to figure out what to do after baby comes....do we go to hosp or just stay home? Keep in mind we have had two babies with complications at and after birth, so that does play a role. I wouldn't mind being at the hospital AFTER, I kind of liked having that time to relax...
That's how my dh was too except we're footing the bill for the mw hoping that 80% will eventually come back to us.

As for unassisted, it's so lame, but the thing that would keep me from doing it is the aftermath. I wouldn't want to deal with all the clean up or making sure the placenta was all out and all that jazz. Everything else I'm comfortable with, but that just doesn't sit with me. An online friend of mine when u/a and she just laughed at me

And really - you "relaxed" in the hospital? I hated that part - laying and sitting in that uncomfortable bed. Having to push my baby in a cart if I wanted to walk around the halls. Ugh.

Maybe you could talk to a m/w about coming afterward only? Just to check and make sure things were a-okay. See if they'd give you a pro-rated fee for just that? At an hour away, it wouldn't much matter. Might be worth just asking about if you and dh are serious but a little worried about the after-birth experience.

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

#71 of 115 Old 01-10-2006, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcimom
That's how my dh was too except we're footing the bill for the mw hoping that 80% will eventually come back to us.

As for unassisted, it's so lame, but the thing that would keep me from doing it is the aftermath. I wouldn't want to deal with all the clean up or making sure the placenta was all out and all that jazz. Everything else I'm comfortable with, but that just doesn't sit with me. An online friend of mine when u/a and she just laughed at me
Hadn't thought too much about that, just the placenta part. We do have all hardwood floors, so no carpeting!! But I see where you are coming from....

Quote:
And really - you "relaxed" in the hospital? I hated that part - laying and sitting in that uncomfortable bed. Having to push my baby in a cart if I wanted to walk around the halls. Ugh.
I totally relaxed there. The hospital here "allows" you to keep the baby in the room at all times. They even do the little checkups in the room. I really enjoyed the solitude with the new baby, getting to know him alone before the masses arrived (other kids)...it was really nice where I was at. I also liked having friends come and showing off the new baby without the competition of the other kids, if that makes sense. Onve I had my first, I felt like I couldn't gush over the newest with people as freely when the older sibling was around...I didn't want to cause any resentment. But I did like having that day and a half to gush to my hearts content!!

The nurses there were WONDERFUL as well. They were so kind and helpful. A little annoying in the middle of the night, but if I was home someone else would be waking up in addition to the baby anyway!!.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Maybe you could talk to a m/w about coming afterward only? Just to check and make sure things were a-okay. See if they'd give you a pro-rated fee for just that? At an hour away, it wouldn't much matter. Might be worth just asking about if you and dh are serious but a little worried about the after-birth experience.
MY neighbor is an OB nurse. She is the head teaching nurse at her hospital, so she delivers many babies, and is in charge of a lot of post partum care. She said she would unofficially check me over, and be there if we needed. It would just have to look like an accidental homebirth...like we called her at the last minute because we knew we wouldn't make it.

I don't know, we still haven't made any decisions yet. I don't know that we will make any until the time actually comes, but we will be preapred either way I guess. I am more a "go with the flow" person, so whatever feels right at the time, we will do. Of course, this may be a long hard birth.,...who knows??

~C~
#72 of 115 Old 01-10-2006, 11:11 AM

Mimd-everything sounds great!!! Can't wait to find out hte sex of those babies!!!

Amy-enjoy California!! I am so jealous. I can't wait for nice weather so these kids can enjoy the outdoors again!!

~C~
#73 of 115 Old 01-10-2006, 11:17 AM

good morning everybody! looks like we are having a little boy!

the tech came in and looked at the ultrasound and said "i dont know, it looks like it could be a girl but im not sure" and mr kittyhead said "honey, a little girl, thats wonderful!" and then the doctor came in and looked and said "nope, looks like a boy to me... look, there is the penis" and mr kittyhead said "WOO-HOO! WOO-HOO!" lol, he has been patting my belly all day and saying "My son!" with a dreamy look in his eyes... its too cute. i would have been happy with a boy or a girl (though i had a feeling all along that it was a boy) and i know that hubby would have loved a girl as well... but i also knew all along that he was hoping for a son. im happy for him, and for us.

now a question. first thing i said when i found out it was a boy was "he's keeping all of his parts!" i dont know much about the whole circumcision debate (but i see that there is a whole section devoted to it!) it just seems kind of un-natural to me... plus a family member who works in a medical field explained to me how it is an unnecessary procedure. mr. kittyhead listened to my ranting about it, frowned a little bit, and said "but i want my boy to look like his daddy..." how do i answer that? i know he'll come around eventually... i just told him that i didnt think it would matter to our son that much.
#74 of 115 Old 01-10-2006, 11:22 AM

Kittyhead, that is wonderful! How sweet your DH is..they do get all funny about "THE BOY". But then they melt when the girl comes too!!

As far as circ goes, I refuse to get into on these boards...just watch it! I swear people stalk the forums just to get into a circ debate, even when you are not looking for one!! I asked the same question with my last pregnancy....I got PMs for about two months after my son was born asking if I had gone through with "the mutilation"....

~C~
#75 of 115 Old 01-10-2006, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline248
Kittyhead, that is wonderful! How sweet your DH is..they do get all funny about "THE BOY". But then they melt when the girl comes too!!

As far as circ goes, I refuse to get into on these boards...just watch it! I swear people stalk the forums just to get into a circ debate, even when you are not looking for one!! I asked the same question with my last pregnancy....I got PMs for about two months after my son was born asking if I had gone through with "the mutilation"....

thanks, and thank you for the warning, lol. i dont want a debate, i already know how i feel about it... im one of those people who figures that nature usually has it right. this is new to us, so i dont blame hubby in the slightest for being unsure. i think he just needs time to get used to the idea, you know?
#76 of 115 Old 01-10-2006, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

Yay kittyhead!!!

I agree, watch out for those boards, just like I would watch out for the sahm boards, some people can get really nasty.

We had talked about this as well. I did not want to circ a boy and dh was thinking the same as your dh. He said- I was and I said Well I was formula fed and put to sleep on my belly. These are 2 things dh would not even think of doing to his children!! Then I asked how he would feel taking our dd to get cut for something "for her own good" and he looked sick. I said well get used to that, since if we had a boy, you are taking him- not me to the OB who performs it after being up all night delivering. That was the kicker and I also said if its such an issue, he could always have it done down the road. I also asked him when was the date he was going to compare his penis to his sons.
Then the u/s turned up a girl and that was then end of that again- until next time I'm sure!

But try those arguments and see what happens. Again you can always do it another time if need be.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
#77 of 115 Old 01-10-2006, 12:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Hey all. I'm new here.

I had a drs appt yesterday, but it got moved to tomarrow. Somebody out there was birthin' a baby, so I guess I should just grin and bear it. But I'm supposed to schedule my u/s this time. I'm hoping I can do it the 20th, b/c that's my b-day.

Check out my business, Pangaia Metaphysical Store, and radio blog, Pagan Musings.
I'm a witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a heathen homemaker daddy.

#78 of 115 Old 01-10-2006, 12:53 PM

Congrats, Kittyhead! It's so exciting to have everyone finding out. I can't wait!

Welcome, Wolfcat! Good to have you here. I hope you get your u/s on your birthday, that would be a cool b-day present!

Chessa , mama to Silas T (6/06) , wife to Chad . Welcome August Emerson! 2/8/10
#79 of 115 Old 01-10-2006, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome wolf cat! Also congrats on your upcomiong arrival.

#80 of 115 Old 01-10-2006, 01:04 PM

so the tally is amy a girl and kittyhead a boy. so far one to one ratio

mimid~can't wait to hear what you're having! glad to hear everythings great!

caroline~what a decision to make. im in the same boat as you regarding mw care. the closest midwife is almost 2hours away. and my ob recently changed her policy on doing vbac's due to a scary experience she had recently. so im having another section : i could change docs and go to another hospital, but i really love my ob and she's been with us thru 2 pregnancies and a miscarriage, so we have a great relationship i just plan on making this birth "my own" and having all the things i need/want discusssed w/ her ahead of time.

bundlefishmama~im thinking boy, but only cuz it would be different. but you're right, 3 girls might be in the cards for us!

kittyhead~i agree w/ amy and caroline. those boards can be scary!! the sahm one too! i had subscribed to it when i first joined, but after a few days i refused to go back on to the sahm threads, cuz people just got so catty! im here to make friends, not debates its funny, but dh and i discussed the circ issue and he said the same thing your hubby did, about wanting the baby to look like daddy. i like what amy said "when exactly will you be comparing penis'" we've decided not to circ if its a boy but thats our personal preference, and i sure as heck wouldn't judge someone for making the opposite decision. its such a touchy subject. hope you guys can come to a mutual decision

welcome wolfcat! hope you get a nice b-day present!!
#81 of 115 Old 01-10-2006, 04:19 PM

kittyhead - Congrats! I don't know where they get the "look like daddy" thing. If it were a girl, you wouldn't be upset if she grew up to have larger or smaller breasts or differently shaped labia, right? And yeah, when *does* the penis comparing session take place? While watching football? The 10th birthday? LOL. We're not circing, but I didn't have to work too hard on my argument after he saw a friend's newborn during a diaper change and just about threw up at the sight of blood. But of course people have gone out of their way to ask us about our plans if it's a boy, and then tell us exactly why our wishes are wrong. Everyone's got an opinion.
#82 of 115 Old 01-10-2006, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amys1st
I do not know how having another girl will save me money I saw all these great markdowns today at this dept store near me. I gave away dd's baby holiday dresses, so I found some today for like $12 for next year. Plus some other adorable stuff. plus I am now buying all these fab colors for diapers. No money saved
It doesn't save you money, unless you're really frugal and/or not into shopping!! LOL My DH couldn't believe I still went shopping for cute things for dd2 when we had soooo much from dd1 - some things I definitely handed down to her, but others I couldn't resist buying again, and then there were the matching dresses!! I went a little buying matching outfits for dd1 and dd2, I was like, come on, part of the fun of having 2 girls in less than 2 years is you gotta do the cute matching outfits!! DH was not convinced

Caroline - do you mind if I ask, what hospital did you have such a great experience in? Since we don't live all that far apart, I was wondering. I'm hoping my experience won't be too bad even though it won't be the birth center....I found out that a woman who works out at Curves around the same I do most mornings is an L/D nurse where I'm delivering - I'm so excited about this, from talking to her over the past couple weeks, she seems so sweet, she actually reminds me of my mother! She said she totally supports natural childbirth and will do everything she can for me, so hopefully she'll be on shift when I deliver! She even said she'd be my doula if DH ends up having left for his trip! Anyway she's working the day we have our u/s so she said to come up after and she'll give us a private tour

The circ thing - if we have a boy, he'll be intact - but it did take DH a little while to come around to this, so give the men time to process it all It helps that my DH has a weak stomach for blood, pain, etc. (I am still amazed he's made it through two births so far without fainting!) so all it really took was a little honest but graphic description of what they do to the baby, and then recounting how in my LLL work I've seen some babies who have been in so much pain after circ that they refuse to nurse for days, and DH was like, "ok, ok, stop, we won't do it!!" But this is the same guy who opposed my getting dd's ears pierced because he felt that was mutilating her without her consent!!! I think, personally, that it's less important that sons look like their dads but I do think it makes sense to have brothers look the same. Not that I think it's OK to circ one boy just because his brother is, but at least I can see the point there. I think it's way more likely that brothers would be comparing their equipment than sons/dads.

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

#83 of 115 Old 01-10-2006, 06:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BundleFishMama

It doesn't save you money, unless you're really frugal and/or not into shopping!!
Actually, I am quite frugal. But because of this, when I do go shopping which is a rare occasion (not a shopper, I netbuy, tp, ebay the most) I can get what I want. I also usually make it a point in Jan and July as well to get to the mall and buy markdowns which is what I did w the baby. I also bought myself new shoes which is a rare thing. Since I buy the most I can afford, they usually last a long time even if I wear them everyday. But saving money by having more kids is not going to happen here- esp another girl!!

I am not a shopper or a looker, but a buyer. But if its not there, I do not buy it. Does that make any sense??

#84 of 115 Old 01-10-2006, 08:10 PM

bundlefishmama~i just had to buy the girls matching outfits too!! they just look so cute together!! my dh wouldn't let me get the girls ears pierced either for that exact reason!

amy1st~you're lucky you're frugal by nature. im frugal by "i have to be cuz we're on a budget" i've been looking at the tp's and diaperswappers and the pin for dipes and i can't buy till the 30th, payday and its killing me!! they are just too darn cute!! plus i have to wait till we know its a boy or girl, cuz i've seen some adorable ones for both boys and girls!!
#85 of 115 Old 01-10-2006, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2girlies
bundlefishmama~i just had to buy the girls matching outfits too!! they just look so cute together!! my dh wouldn't let me get the girls ears pierced either for that exact reason!

amy1st~you're lucky you're frugal by nature. im frugal by "i have to be cuz we're on a budget" i've been looking at the tp's and diaperswappers and the pin for dipes and i can't buy till the 30th, payday and its killing me!! they are just too darn cute!! plus i have to wait till we know its a boy or girl, cuz i've seen some adorable ones for both boys and girls!!
Actaully, frugal by nature now, but frugal also to keep within our means as well. It has helped us have no debt but our mortgage and allows me the ability to stay home w my dd1 and soon dd2.

I know how you feel- all of those diapers are just so darn cute and yes it would kill me too! But, I started selling on the tp to build up my paypal to have fun with my diaper habit right now.

#86 of 115 Old 01-10-2006, 09:56 PM - Thread Starter

BTW- what is the number now?

2 girls
2 boys

????

#87 of 115 Old 01-11-2006, 12:11 AM

Well you ladies are a good influence on me, then! I am nowhere near as bad as I used to be (when I was working) but I am still not as frugal as I should be for our budget's sake (as DH is always reminding me!)

Mommy2girlies - actually after months of nagging I finally won DH over and got him to agree that I could get their ears pierced, so I did, and as I always like to say (and DH even admits!) it was the one and only parenting decision in 3 1/2 years where he's been right and I've been wrong! I totally regretted it and so did dd1 (she had been begging for it) but it was so much more trouble than it was worth. She liked the novelty of it but that soon wore off when I had to chase her around the house to get her to let me clean them with the alcohol stuff, the earrings caught in her (very long) hair all the time, they'd fall out and get lost, etc., and dd2's got infected several times (guilty mommy here, having her on antibiotic ointments and all for vanity ) Anyway we let them both close up. What a waste. Oh well, live and learn, right?

#88 of 115 Old 01-11-2006, 09:17 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Ok, so we found out we are having another boy...and we have so much stuff from ds1, but now I want to go get more "boyish" baby stuff as most of the nb stuff I have is green/ yellow b/c we didnt find out the sex We are on a tight budget too, and those boy dipes are SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Whew, this is going to be an exercise in my frugality for sure. But so worth it.

Quote:
"but i want my boy to look like his daddy..."
This is how dh felt when ds1 was born. So we had ds1 circ'd (please dont flame me, I still really feel bad about it to this day. i was not informed, really had no idea.....) Dh watched the procedure and said he would never do that to one of his children ever again. And I feel the same! But to each, his own.
So we won't be circ'ing ds2....and we will have 2 brothers that are different, but I figure if we dont make a big deal of it, they wont either....at least we have several years to figure it out.

It is really hard being a parent!

homeschooling, earth loving Mama to 3 crazy, wonderful boys, ages 10 & 7, & 3 mos.,3 spirit babies                                Inch by inch, row by row.  Gonna make this garden grow  
#89 of 115 Old 01-11-2006, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittyhead
good morning everybody! looks like we are having a little boy!

the tech came in and looked at the ultrasound and said "i dont know, it looks like it could be a girl but im not sure" and mr kittyhead said "honey, a little girl, thats wonderful!" and then the doctor came in and looked and said "nope, looks like a boy to me... look, there is the penis" and mr kittyhead said "WOO-HOO! WOO-HOO!" lol, he has been patting my belly all day and saying "My son!" with a dreamy look in his eyes... its too cute. i would have been happy with a boy or a girl (though i had a feeling all along that it was a boy) and i know that hubby would have loved a girl as well... but i also knew all along that he was hoping for a son. im happy for him, and for us.

now a question. first thing i said when i found out it was a boy was "he's keeping all of his parts!" i dont know much about the whole circumcision debate (but i see that there is a whole section devoted to it!) it just seems kind of un-natural to me... plus a family member who works in a medical field explained to me how it is an unnecessary procedure. mr. kittyhead listened to my ranting about it, frowned a little bit, and said "but i want my boy to look like his daddy..." how do i answer that? i know he'll come around eventually... i just told him that i didnt think it would matter to our son that much.

I am VERY against circumcision. When we found out our 1st was a boy we thought that is what you do. I am so THANKFUL that our doula showed us otherwise. At first my dh was like this is what you do and blah blah blah. After researching and showing him the video he was like no way. He is soooo against it now. I am thankful everyday that we left our boy intact. As far as the look like dad, your son is not going to be looking at your dh's penis all the time. Our son is 5 and doesn't know the difference. When he is old enough and asks, we will tell him the truth. Head over to the circumcision board, it is full of info. Congrats! Little boys are so much fun!
#90 of 115 Old 01-11-2006, 11:58 AM

sarah~don't feel bad i know we've all made decisions based on the info that we had at the time, that later when we are more knowledgeable, we regret. but you're right, its hard being a parent. i always think that the choices i make now are going to affect my dd's for the entire life. it can sometimes be overwhelming. thats what we're here for. a shoulder to lean on

bundlefishmama~everytime i see a little girl w/ cute little earrings, i always give dh a smile and say please....he always says nope! plus, kya sucks her thumb and tugs on her ear, so im sure earrings wouldn't be a good combo w/ that. don't you hate it when they're right!!

amy~dh keeps watching me scour the net for cute dipes and he said last night "we need to come up w/ a limit that you'll spend each month on the diapers" i guess he knows how excited i am to start this. i wanna buy everything i see!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page