Anyone planning to nurse and bottlefeed, or one or other? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 33 Old 01-17-2006, 04:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm still nursing Qualia, anywhere, anytime, and will do the same with this little guy. Q's never had a bottle; she has had pumped milk from a regular cup a couple times with my husband, but in general she's just gone everywhere with me -- dentist's office, work, etc. That's worked great for the two of us, and I think it'll work just as well for the three of us.
#32 of 33 Old 01-17-2006, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds2003
I will have to pump and bottlefeed once I return to work.
Me, too.

Check out my business, Pangaia Metaphysical Store, and radio blog, Pagan Musings.
I'm a witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a heathen homemaker daddy.

#33 of 33 Old 01-20-2006, 11:35 AM

All very good posts here.

I bf dd until she child led weaned at 30 mos or so. In the beginning I pumped if a feeding was missed- she slept for a while and I was engorged etc. So I stockpiled for a while and kept it in the freezer. Also she would sometimes miss a feeding around 5 am so I would just pump then as well. dd had maybe 1-3 bottles a week usually given by her grandparents or my dh if I was gone for some reason. I also used it down the road around when she was 6 mos old for rice cereal etc.

It does make a great cure all. I remember her have a rash on her face when she was around 8 weeks old. Another mom suggested rubbing breast milk on it a few times and presto like magic it was gone in a day or so! It also helps an earache for baby and anyone else. I pumped for the first 12 mos and then stopped and she would have whole milk and nursed from me when wanting to there after.

there is a fantastic article in the New beginnings- the publishing that LLL puts out for its members this issue. "10 tips for feeding for a year". I strongly encourage any new mamas esp to start attending meetings asap. They should have a copy of the article on hand to show you (we used it at the meeting yesterday for the discussion) If not, I would be more than happy to Xerox this and mail it to anyone who wants it- pm me!

Its true you can see other mamas there nursing and see/hear some difficulties they overcame or are there for to let you see that this could happen. There is also plenty of mamas who have a great nursing relationship going and they attend for the support. If I did not have this group, I NEVER would have done what I did- successful nursing for 30 months. Even if you only plan to nurse a shorter period, they can really be a fountain of wonderful knowledge.
to find a chapter:
http://www.lalecheleague.org/

I also recommend becoming a member since you will get the magazine in the mail and you will be supporting one of the best groups around.

Also- check out the breastfeeding section here on MDC

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page