It hurts! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-14-2006, 12:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I know there are some of you who haven't felt movement yet, but I am in the camp of those who have, and I am not exactly thrilled.

I know I should not be taking it for granted, that being able to feel all these kicks and turns and flips and punches is special, but...

IT HURTS!

I mean, seriously, this baby never stops. I feel like someone is bruising me from the inside. And this baby is picky. I can only sit or lie down in a few choice positions or I start getting jabbed.

A couple of times, I have gotten kicked right in the bladder and, well, lost it. Other times, I get whomped in the stomach and I just about lose my lunch.

If I remember correctly from the last two pregnancies, as the babe gets bigger, the movements will get smaller. I'm hoping this baby will calm down a bit soon. But for now I am tired and getting very cranky about all this motion.

Thanks for letting me vent!

Mom to : DS1 (11), DS2 (8), DD3 (4), : DS4 (1), and : : :
#2 of 8 Old 01-14-2006, 12:32 PM

How many weeks are you? Just curious.

B

mom to dd 8/03 ds 6/06 and numero tres, ds 11/11 stillheart.gif

#3 of 8 Old 01-14-2006, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter

Um, hm... 19 wks today, I think. I'm due June 10.

I have always felt movement early, around 14 weeks, I think because I am so small. I am only 4'9" and (pre-pregnancy) around 95lbs. So there isnt a lot of room in there. My first babe was born at 7lbs 11oz, and my second at 8lbs even.

Ugh, I shouldn't be irked, but it really is uncomfortable. Especially when it goes on all day. Luckily, the baby has been pretty quiet today. I could almost forget I am pregnant

#4 of 8 Old 01-14-2006, 07:10 PM

I had a very active baby and remember having pain from kicking and poking, but for me it wasn't until later that it started hurting, like around 6-8 months. Then he often kicked me in the bladder. He was breech, too, so that makes sense.

You must have a strong one, since they're only about 5" long right now!!

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#5 of 8 Old 01-14-2006, 07:19 PM

Iam 19 weeks and get kicked and pinched scratched etc... but Iam glad it means the baby is doing good.
#6 of 8 Old 01-15-2006, 10:26 AM

OK, I can't believe I'm about to admit this, on Mothering of all places, but with DS I was always creeped out when I felt him moving. :

I mean, I was always glad cause I knew it meant he was doing well, but I could never get the whole "Alien" thing out of my mind. Stupid Hollywood...

I'm wondering if I'll feel differently this time, or if I'll still get the heebie jeebies.

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#7 of 8 Old 01-17-2006, 08:13 PM

Alien
With my first I was terrified of feeling movement and when I told my mw she was shocked. I felt bad admiting it too. The movement doesn't bother me so much now as just having this part of my belly sticking out that isn't really part of me at all! And, its always in my way!

Lately, the babe has had this thing with springing off my cervix and knocking his head into the top of my uterus. Like the way you might launch off the side of the pool when you're learning to swim. He does it over and over as if he really thinks he can break through and have more room. At least he hasn't figure out which way really is out yet.

DD was always scaratching at my cervix (OUCH) and she'd rub her feet up under my ribs until I'd bruise from the inside. Yeah, that hurt.

Its amazing your baby is so strong so early though, he must be a healthy one! I don't have any suggestions, except maybe practice surrender and relaxation through it and use it to prepare for labor??

Holly, eternally in love partners.gif with Kolby, Raising Juelie Anise (10y), Behnjamin Shen (6y), and Coen Syaoran (4y). Expecting June 2013 2ndtri.gif

#8 of 8 Old 01-18-2006, 06:04 PM - Thread Starter

I know what ya'll mean about the alien reference! Last night, DH and I watched the baby kicking. We could actually see my belly bounce, it was totally weird. I mean, I am happy and all that, but when I think about it too much, it creeps me out.

As for the kicking and bruising, I must just be really sensitive. Plus, I tend to have big babies, so maybe it is also just that the baby is already measuring big and so is stronger than usual.

Maybe I'm drinking too much caffeine :LOL:

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page