Yoga Anyone? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 01-16-2006, 09:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is anyone practicing prenatal yoga? I find it wonderful for stress, sore muscles, lack of energy and just an all around tight body. I do an energizing session in the morning and a relaxing session at night along with guided meditation. DD has even begun to practice with me (although she prefers her kid's yoga to "mama yoga"). I feel so wonderful! Just had to share.
#2 of 11 Old 01-16-2006, 10:22 PM

Do you do yoga at home or in a class? I have been thinking about how useful it would be... I did some yoga before becoming pregnant (at home, w/ DVDs). If you use DVDs/videos, could you give me some suggestions?
#3 of 11 Old 01-16-2006, 10:59 PM - Thread Starter

I practice at home. I use a DVD and this is the one I am currently using:
http://shopcdsbooks.com/Merchant2/me...ategory_Code=7

I have also used:
http://www.gaiam.com/retail/product....t%5Fid=90-0020
The first one has guided meditation, energizing yoga, yoga for birth, breathing techniques and postnatal yoga. The last one is also very good and very relaxing.
#4 of 11 Old 01-17-2006, 10:20 AM

I just started again a few weeks ago. I did it regularly before I got pregnant, but only recently felt the energy to start again. I did it during my first pregnancy--up until my 40th week!--and it really made a difference. People told me how much grace I had for a pregnant woman (not easy when I was quite large before I got pregnant!). I'm taking a weekly class, plus doing the Yoga Journal DVD. I'm thinking of doing a hip opener class this week because my right hip is just so tight.

Funny story--at the end of prenatal class during my last pregnancy we would chant "OM" 3 times. When ds was about 8 months old, I was playing on the internet, and I went to a website that opened with the OM chant. My ds came over into the room immediately to look at the screen and acted like he recognized the sound.
#5 of 11 Old 01-17-2006, 11:54 AM

I do both- a daily practice at home with a video and a once a week prenatal class. I love, love, love it! My body always feels so energized when I am done. My husband and I are taking a partner yoga workshop in February that I am hoping we can utilize during labor!

Crunchy Mama to the Triad of Chaos-- DD1 (9/03) & the Twinadoes- DS and DD2 (6/06)
#6 of 11 Old 01-17-2006, 04:23 PM

I've been going to a class once a week and its great. I went twice a week with my last pregnancy but that is harder to do this time. I do as much as I can at home also but its just not the same. I'm more motivated to hold the stretches longer and do the more energizing poses when everyone else around me is doing it to!
#7 of 11 Old 01-18-2006, 02:45 PM

I have a regular practice and can still go to the regular yoga classes, with modifications for pregnancy. I have been doing yoga since '98 and really love it. It makes me feel great! I probably attend 1 to 2 classes a week and practice at home twice a week too.

Z
#8 of 11 Old 01-18-2006, 04:31 PM

i'm going to a prenatal yoga class once and week and i try to practice at home a couple days a week. I love it.
#9 of 11 Old 01-18-2006, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisap
I practice at home. I use a DVD and this is the one I am currently using:
http://shopcdsbooks.com/Merchant2/me...ategory_Code=7

I have also used:
http://www.gaiam.com/retail/product....t%5Fid=90-0020
The first one has guided meditation, energizing yoga, yoga for birth, breathing techniques and postnatal yoga. The last one is also very good and very relaxing.
Popping in from May
I have the same videos! I do yoga at home at least 6 times a week, and I need to get back to the gym, at least once a week, but haven't don't that yet.

I am 25 weeks, and had felt MISERABLE, so 2 weeks ago I decided I HAD to do something, and this, honest to goodness, is my saving grace!!

Busy Mama to three beautiful girls and loving wife to my hubby
#10 of 11 Old 01-18-2006, 08:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydnee
, and this, honest to goodness, is my saving grace!!

I feel the same way!
#11 of 11 Old 01-19-2006, 06:03 PM

This is a great Pregnancy Yoga DVD

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...v=glance&n=130

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page