How often do you feel movement? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 01-18-2006, 09:15 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
A few days ago I felt the baby a few times.I haven't felt any movement since then. Is that normal? It has me worried a little.
Thanks,
Kaitlin
#2 of 9 Old 01-18-2006, 09:25 AM

Sticking my head in from the May board.

Well, if your sig is correct this is your first, same as mine. First ones apparently can be harder to feel, and the ONLY reason I think I felt mine at 19 1/2 weeks was because she was kicking my cervix HARD during her most active times. It took me another week or so to really be able to tell her other movements from the cervix kicking, but now I can tell whenever she decides to kick me in the stomach or the side, as it's not like gas pains or gas "bubbles" that I could always feel.

Hang in there though cause yours will get stronger and you'll definately be able to tell that he or she is active as ever.
#3 of 9 Old 01-18-2006, 10:32 AM

I think it also depends on lots of other things like location of placenta, etc.
I am due 5/25 with my first.
Feeling the baby move at around week 18 was a bit unnerving because I would feel him once and then not again for several days. After week 21 I feel him now daily- especially when I want to go to sleep myself...
It will come.
#4 of 9 Old 01-18-2006, 10:33 AM

I am 20 weeks and every once in awhile feel the baby. I had an u/s done Monday where I found out that the placenta is anterior. So I probably won't feel real hard movements for awhile.
#5 of 9 Old 01-18-2006, 10:56 AM

I started feeling movement a week ago (at 17w 5d) and felt it that once that one day very clearly. Then I went 2 days with nothing, then had the u/s the next day, and since then I've been feeling him pretty much daily. But I find that I notice it more if I'm sitting up in a semi-reclined angle or laying on my back with my head up (like in bed flossing my teeth). Also, he seems most active a few minutes after I eat. Other people have said they feel theirs move more when they are sitting and leaning forward, so I think it must be different for every woman and the baby's preferences! I wouldn't worry at all, it's still so early. It is a neato feeling though!

Chessa , mama to Silas T (6/06) , wife to Chad . Welcome August Emerson! 2/8/10
#6 of 9 Old 01-18-2006, 11:16 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much.I think I felt a little something a minute ago.I am sure it is ok.
I am glad I a can come here and ask all my crazy questions.
#7 of 9 Old 01-18-2006, 01:12 PM

I didn't feel movement til 22 weeks with dd1. dd2 was consistent in her movements, this baby is not. I have days of extreme activity, then a few days of little movement. That seems to be the pattern so far with this one.

~Lisa

Lisa, mom to M : 6/02, R : 6/04, m/c 6/8/05, L 6/06, and E 8/07
#8 of 9 Old 01-18-2006, 03:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Its your 1st so thats why you arent feeling alot.

I started feeling my daugher at 17wks and with my son i've been feeling him a good deal since 12wks and has gotten stronger at 16wks and he has a pattern sorta. hes most active at night. but has active spurts durrin the day like right now i keep feeling him move.

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
#9 of 9 Old 01-18-2006, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemama06
Thanks so much.I think I felt a little something a minute ago.I am sure it is ok.
I am glad I a can come here and ask all my crazy questions.
As I said on another thread (maybe chit chat?) this is my favorite time b/c I do feel movement, but it is sporadic so I don't have to worry It's when you get to 30+ weeks and you're feeling it daily, if not hourly, and then you get a long period where you feel nothing and you try everything to get that baby to move (cold water, chocolate, caffeine, etc) and still no movement that you get to freak out!

Now it's all just a bonus when you get to feel it, but no worries when you don't

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page