Belly/Breast Skincare - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-19-2006, 01:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone have any suggestions for body butters/moisturizers that are not strongly scented? My belly is itchy. Also, my nipples get really itchy (at least one of them). I have heard that once the baby is here, I'll need to ensure that I'm using a non-fragranced cream on my nipples. Is this something I could benefit from now? What exactly would be a good choice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2006, 11:18 AM

Once you have the baby, you'll prolly need Lansinoh lanolin for your nipples. It's pure lanolin & "The Only Topical Endorsed by La Leche League International" (took that right off of the package).

As for your belly & breasts now, I've been using Nature's Gate Fragrance-Free Moisturizing Lotion as well as their hemp lotion. It's like, $7.00 -$10.00? for 18oz. You can get it at the health food store. Very moisturizing, non-greasy, & little to no fragrance (the hemp & aloe lotions have a *very* slight fragrance, but it disappears almost immediately). You could also try pure shea butter; I just find it a little too greasy for my liking.
HTH!
Old 01-19-2006, 11:48 AM

besides the lansionh (which I could not use due to allergies) there are many vegan breast creams out there - Gerber (of all people!) makes a little tube sort of like a large lip balm that works well.

But for now, I would suggest you check out

http://www.mmucosmetics.com

I am not affiliated in any way, just a huge fan of these products. They have over 500 scents, you can customize the level of scent or leave the products completely unscented. It started out as a small family business in Canada & now is booming
Old 01-19-2006, 01:26 PM

It's not unscented, but Sarna Lotion is wonderful for an itchy belly. You can get it at any drugstore. It's natural, no steroids.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:35 PM

I use belly butter from my friend's all natural skin care company Gifts from the earth It's all natural, organic, and lovely

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

Old 01-20-2006, 03:37 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I've been using Eucerin lotion on my tummy but its a bit greasy feeling for a few minutes.

Seriously?
Old 01-20-2006, 02:42 PM

I've been using Jason Natural Cosmetics vitamin E oil (found it in the organic section at my local market). It's blended with sunflower and almond oil and a few others. There is a very light scent, but it doesn't bother me. I'm one of those people that gets a headache just from a whiff of fragrance, if that helps. Anyway, it's great after a shower, and the skin just soaks it up so it's not greasy on clothing.

User Tag List