it's a ... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 01-23-2006, 11:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Boy!!

I mentioned in the chat thread that we were thinking it might be twins (but I'm kind of relieved that it isn't --3 under two would be overwhelming!) However, I do have a succinate placenta - an extra placenta connected to the main one by some veins. It isn't a problem now, but puts me at risk for Vasa Previa in the 3rd tri & for delivery. It looks like 75 - 80% chance I will have to have a c-section unless it moves

I am trying to get all the c-section info I can & find ways to make the time before, during & after more pleasant (i.e. make sure nurses know I want to breastfeed in recovery, leboyer style bath, my music I would have used for laboring playing during the surgery.) If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I am gearing up for a c-section, that way I am emotionally and mentally prepared if it happens, and pleasantly suprised if it doesn't.

Back on the happy side...
we are considering

James
Benjamin, and
Andrew
for names for the new guy

Kate

does this tie the boys & girls back up again?
#2 of 9 Old 01-23-2006, 11:21 AM

Congratulations on your baby boy news. I'm pysched to be having a boy, though I love having a girl, too.

mom to dd 8/03 ds 6/06 and numero tres, ds 11/11 stillheart.gif

#3 of 9 Old 01-23-2006, 12:08 PM

Congratulations! Yes, that ties it up again.
#4 of 9 Old 01-23-2006, 12:16 PM

congrats on the boy!! sorry about the section.

i have to have one too and i was really hoping for a vbac. (carson was an emer. section cuz the cord was wrapped too tightly around her neck not letting her descend into the birth canal and her kept dropping to 80) but im just making it my own, eventhough its a section. im going to ask for some things like being able to have jasn hold the baby in the OR while im getting stitched up so i can be w/ the baby too. and i don't want both my hands tied down. that drove me insane! there's some other stuff im thinking of that im going to ask for too. just because it has to be a section, doesn't mean it has to be all sterile and cold feeling...and i want to breastfeed as soon as possible. i got to bf carson about 45 min. after she was born and i hope to do this again.
#5 of 9 Old 01-23-2006, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the feedback mommie2girlies...I was reading recently about the "hands restrained during section" thing & that really freaked me out - I think I would have a serious panic attack so I'm hoping my Ob & I can agree not to do that. I am just starting to read up on what a section entails...I always assumed I wouldn't have to have one so I don't know much...
#6 of 9 Old 01-23-2006, 12:39 PM

Congratulations on your boy news! Positive thoughts coming your way for avoiding a c-section!
#7 of 9 Old 01-23-2006, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraboosMama
Boy!!

I mentioned in the chat thread that we were thinking it might be twins (but I'm kind of relieved that it isn't --3 under two would be overwhelming!) However, I do have a succinate placenta - an extra placenta connected to the main one by some veins. It isn't a problem now, but puts me at risk for Vasa Previa in the 3rd tri & for delivery. It looks like 75 - 80% chance I will have to have a c-section unless it moves

I am trying to get all the c-section info I can & find ways to make the time before, during & after more pleasant (i.e. make sure nurses know I want to breastfeed in recovery, leboyer style bath, my music I would have used for laboring playing during the surgery.) If anyone has any suggestions please let me know. I am gearing up for a c-section, that way I am emotionally and mentally prepared if it happens, and pleasantly suprised if it doesn't.

Back on the happy side...
we are considering

James
Benjamin, and
Andrew
for names for the new guy

Kate

does this tie the boys & girls back up again?

Congrats on the boy!! How exciting!

Sorry about the c-section. I know how hard that is to come to terms with, we thought my last be one since he was breech. Just remember the end result...a healthy boincing baby boy!!

~C~
#8 of 9 Old 01-23-2006, 09:46 PM

Congrats
#9 of 9 Old 01-23-2006, 11:07 PM

congratulations!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page