Low Amniotic Fluid - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 01-23-2006, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just had my 5 month ultrasound on Friday. I was so relieved to see two arms, two legs, and so on. The only thing that the dr brought up as a possible negative is a lower than expected amniotic fluid amount. She said it doesn't necessarily raise any red flags but now I need another ultra sound next month. I wasn't worried at first but now that this is all sinking in more I'm begining to feel concerned about him/her not having enough cushy fluid to swim in.

I was wondering if anyone else has ever been given an ultrasound reading like this before.
#2 of 7 Old 01-23-2006, 03:54 PM

Try to make sure you're getting lots of fluids, especially water, hopefully that will help.

L'lee reading.gif ~ C geek.gif ~ E broc1.gif May, 2006 ~ Rjoy.gif12/29/2011nocirc.gif goorganic.jpg ecbaby2.gif homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpg

#3 of 7 Old 01-23-2006, 04:15 PM

s

sorry to hear about the low fluids...I havent heard of that, I do know my friend had more then the norm, not too little. I too would suggest to making sure to drink lots of fluids. your amnio fluids are always replenishing themselves, atleast thats what i thought I head. So maybe get as much luquid as possible and see if that helps. Hang in there mama, glad your ob is keeping an eye on it for you!
#4 of 7 Old 01-23-2006, 05:05 PM

I had the opposite problem... excess fluid. But, reading up on that I've come across lots of good info on low fluid too. First thing, if it was a serious case of low fluid, they would have made that very clear to you, so I wouldn't get all worked up about baby running out of fluid just yet. Like the pp said, drink lots of water! Your fluid level depends on it and you can have it up long before your next u/s. Also, you can soak in the tub and that supposedly helps. Just be sure the water isn't too hot. More than likely, if it wasn't a serious case of low fluids, they just caught it at a bad time and it'll all be fine at the next one.
#5 of 7 Old 01-23-2006, 05:32 PM

I've heard of this. There was a woman on another Due Date birth club who had low amnio, accept hers was excessive. She was told to drink a gallon of water a day, from what I remember. Try not to worry about it as ckhagan said. You'll probably get more as time goes on. I'm sure that you'll get another u/s to see if there is any improvement.
B

mom to dd 8/03 ds 6/06 and numero tres, ds 11/11 stillheart.gif

#6 of 7 Old 01-23-2006, 09:04 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much! I'm glad to hear that other people with the same thing were able to overcome.
This is a great site!
#7 of 7 Old 01-25-2006, 01:57 PM

Good luck!! To make the water easier to swallow (pun intended) add some lemon juice or put an assortment of sliced fruits/herbs/veggies into a pitcher and keep that full. Apples, oranges, melons, cucumbers, mint, lavendar. Whatever tastes good to you. I have to drink a gallon a day and it really helps.

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page