Who does NOT have name for the baby?? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 42 Old 03-21-2006, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bumping this....we are still completly nameless.

I keep hoping that when he is born, I will look at him and KNOW the name....at the very least we have until December...DH says we have to get him a SS# by then so we can claim him on our taxes

Any new ideas?? I at least want a list...

~C~
#32 of 42 Old 03-21-2006, 05:56 PM

many contenders ..... no finalists

knit.gifKara~ Rockin' Granola wife to Christopher and mama to J (Nov. '01), M (June '06), L (May '08) and stork-girl.gif (edd 8/3/11)
2011:  a year to Make Do, Do Without, or Do It Ourselves 
#33 of 42 Old 03-21-2006, 07:13 PM

Well we've know we are having a girl and we've had a set girl's name since DS#1 so... yes we have a name. At least a definite first name, we've been going back and forth on the middle name. I'm not worried.

We also have a Jackson. He's 3 now. Most people call him whatever we call him which is Jack or Jackson. I do like the nickname but that's because that's how I started to think of him while I was pregnant with him. I'm probably the only one to ever call him Jackie but that's usually when I'm snuggling with him (he's my snuggle bug) and I'll call him Jackie-boo. RIght now he prefers to be called "Jack Jack". But he willingly response to both Jack & Jackson.

Pregnancy #1: We found out the DD was a girl and picked a name that weekend. It is perfectly appropriate for her. She is a Tori through and through.

Pregnancy #2: Nickname was "Peanut" until about 7 months pregnant when I suddenly started thinking of him as "Jack". For a week I called him Jack in my head and then mentioned it to DH and he was like "oooh I really like the name Jack". We decided to go with the formal version of Jackson (family name). I think it was about 2 weeks before he was born that we decided on a middle name.

Pregnancy #3: Nickname was "Radish". DS#2 didn't have a name until he was born and we actually changed from the original name to a different name the next day when we were filling out the birth certificate info and trying to decide on the middle name. It was never a problem of not liking the names the other person liked... we both liked a list of about 6-8 names and couldn't decide which one to use. We were going to orginally name him Nicholas (not sure if I really wanted the nickname "Nick" though). We didn't have a middle name because DH didn't want to use any of the favorite names off our list because "well what if we want to use those as a first name for later, I don't want to "waste" one as a middle name". Well we were filling out the paperwork and decided we really need to come up with a name. I pulled out the baby name book and just started reading off names to see if one jumped out at us. I mentioned Adrian and DH was like "that's nice" and then I said "Aidan". We both just looked at each other and said "I really like that one". We decided to go with it as the first name and went with James as the middle name (after his grandfather since Jackson is a family name from my side).

Lately I sometimes wonder if I shouldn't have pushed more for Calvin for Aidan's name though "Fiery One" IS very appropriate for him. He's just starting to get that wonderful mischievous personality that reminds me so much of Calvin/Hobbes which was my original inspiration for the name to start with. He's all spikey blond hair too.

Pregnancy #4: Current. I've had a very strong feeling that baby is going to be a girl and u/s confirmed it. We really hadn't talked boys names and we've had a favorite girl's name like I said since I was pregnant with Jackson. So we'll be using that as the first name and haven't really decided on a definite middle. We've got 2 names that we've gone back and forth on for the middle but I haven't even looked at the baby name book to see if there is another name out there that we want to throw into the middle name mix.

Here's some of the boys names we always liked:
Nicholas
Christopher
Alexander
Lyle (my grandfather's name and my dad's middle name)
Zachary
Gavin
and of course Calvin. Maybe I'll get a Calvin someday... though I seriously doubt we are having a fifth.
#34 of 42 Old 03-21-2006, 08:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum2tori
Pregnancy #3: Nickname was "Radish". DS#2 didn't have a name until he was born and we actually changed from the original name to a different name the next day when we were filling out the birth certificate info and trying to decide on the middle name.

I remember Radish....I can't believe we are already doing it again!!

~C~
#35 of 42 Old 03-21-2006, 09:53 PM

We bought two baby name books (one huge one with like 55,000 names, and "Cool Names for Babies" that has lots of short lists based on various themes/styles), went through them all, made lists, found several cute names that we liked, but ultimately, have decided to just stick with the name that we liked best even before we bought the name books! It just "sounds right" in a way that nothing else has. So, as my DH says, barring any sort of horrible fascist dictator with this name coming to power and committing serious crimes against humanity between now and when this baby is born, we've got a name. (But we're keeping it under wraps until birth.)
#36 of 42 Old 03-21-2006, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline248
I remember Radish....I can't believe we are already doing it again!!

~C~
I know!!

Are we insane?

#37 of 42 Old 03-22-2006, 01:11 AM

Still no name here either. Possibilities:
Eva, Evelyn, Julia, Mia, Hazel, Lauren...

Middle name will probably be Christine, a family name with special significance.

Thoughts?

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#38 of 42 Old 03-22-2006, 07:14 PM

I got nothin' over here.
#39 of 42 Old 03-22-2006, 07:16 PM

we've got a few boys names we like and a few girls names we like.... but nothing for sure.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#40 of 42 Old 03-24-2006, 08:16 PM

No idea here. We didn't name our daughter until she was two weeks old, though, so maybe we'll repeat that kind of thing. It's a lot harder to name someone than we thought it would be!
#41 of 42 Old 03-25-2006, 12:42 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum2tori
I know!!

Are we insane?

I am begining to wonder that myself..I am SOOOOO done!!
#42 of 42 Old 03-25-2006, 12:43 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustineM
Still no name here either. Possibilities:
Eva, Evelyn, Julia, Mia, Hazel, Lauren...

Middle name will probably be Christine, a family name with special significance.

Thoughts?

Ooohhh.....Evelyn!!! That was my top choice for this baby, back when I just KNEW it was a girl!!

Evelyn Christine is a beautiful name!

~C~

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page