What's your guess and why? For those who don't know the sex. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 02-16-2006, 03:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For those of you who don't know and don't plan on finding out the sex of the baby, what is your guess and why do you think so? I know we have talked about this some, but I was curious what criteria others were using to judge between boy or girl.

We found out with DD, but I talked DH into waiting for this one. He is going nuts, particularly since we have so many pregnant friends and they are all finding out. I told him I really think this one is a boy (I said that the first time too, but didn't have quite the conviction).

Some of the reasons I think so:
My libido has gone on vacation. Last pregnancy I was raging, but this time around I sometimes think I could go the whole nine months without it. This may be from chasing a two-year old all day, though.
The heartbeat is a little slower than with DD. Really not a true indicator, and barely a difference. She was always in 160's and this one is typically 150's. I know--not a slow beat and not a big difference, but still.
I didn't get my linea negra back this time. I have no idea the significance of this, but it is different.
Morning sickness was for about two weeks, but it wasn't very long with DD, either.
I have low back pain again, but nowhere near as bad as last time (so far).

These are most of the differences I can think of. It is so silly how I didn't want to find out with the u/s, but I will research every wives tale out there to see if I can predict.
#2 of 9 Old 02-16-2006, 04:17 PM

I think it's another girl. Why? My husband says it is and he's been right with both kiddo's.

Everyone who looks at me says it's a girl.

I think it's a girl and I had a dream that it was and she told me her name
#3 of 9 Old 02-16-2006, 04:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I had thought all the way up until just the last few weeks that I was having a girl. I felt like there was a little girl hovering around me and waiting to come through since before I got pregnant. However, recently I have been having dreams about boys.... so now I am just completely thrown. I don't know anymore. Either way we will be thrilled as can be. I have a boy and a girl and they are equally wonderful, magical little creatures! Maybe my first thoughts were right, it was right around this time in my pg with Owen that I started to doubt myself and my thoughts... and my first thought with him was correct. Oh well, either way I have at least a 50% chance of being right

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

#4 of 9 Old 02-16-2006, 06:37 PM

I'm thinking its a girl. Just about everyone around us thinks so, but I'm surrounded by folks with 2 boys. However, DH did have a dream that we were having a girl, & he was right the last time. Of course, we'll take what comes!

L

ribboncesarean.gif   vbac.gif  My kids jammin.gif  

#5 of 9 Old 02-16-2006, 08:01 PM

I'm pretty sure it's a boy. I had an u/s at 13 weeks due to some cramping. I saw a penis, and so did the u/s tech. She said she can't say for sure because of how far along I was. But, I've been sick like a dog, just like last time. And both DH and I said, after the u/s, that we knew it was a boy, even though he was hoping for a girl for me.
#6 of 9 Old 02-16-2006, 09:08 PM

My guess is boy. But I was wrong with DS - positive he was a girl and with DD- positive she was a boy. The mister says that means this one must be a girl.

The kids (4 & 2) were convinced this was a girl and that sil was having a boy. SIL found out they are having a girl, so I don't know if the kids are correct since they were wrong about auntie.

The past couple days the 4 year old is saying this is a boy.

We'll find out when s/he gets here.

~tsume
#7 of 9 Old 02-18-2006, 01:19 AM

I've gone back and forth on this one. Alot of my family members think it's a boy yet some friends have said girl. (We'll see who's right) My SIL always dreams about the sex when she knows someone whos pregnant and so far, she's never been wrong. She dreamt a boy and so did my DH. That was a couple months ago and I still didn't really feel it was one or the other yet...untill the past couple weeks. I'm really starting to feel like it's a boy. My DD insists that shes having a "baby brovah" We'll find out in due time!
#8 of 9 Old 03-18-2006, 05:43 AM

I have a hopeful feeling that this is a girl. Everyone is hoping its a girl too so it will probably be a boy. I have had no dreams yet but when ever i refer to baby and i dont say "baby" I slip and say her or she. When I am around MIL I say he and him to erk her cause she wants baby to be a girl, there are no girl grand kids on DHs side. If its a girl I am pretty good on clothes but if its a boy well he will have an identy chrisis for a while...just kidding I wouldnt do that.

We have names picked for both though no middle for the boy yet that we both agree on.
#9 of 9 Old 03-20-2006, 10:00 PM

This baby is definitely feminine energy--not that it means its a girl, but I think its pretty darn likely.

With my first I KNEW he was a boy and I don't have the same certainty but it just feels that way.

Plus the Chinese gender predictor says it's a girl and was right with my boy!

Check this link. Has it been right for all of you so far???? I'd love to know.

http://www.thelaboroflove.com/chart/pred.html

Syrinx, Soulmate to Pan, Mama to Zion (5), River (3), Silver (1) and expecting a baby Storm...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page