Indigestion... not heartburn. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-14-2006, 08:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ugh. This has been the worst for me. I've been able to mostly control the heartburn, but the other night I had the worst case of indigestion ever. I was in tears it hurt so bad. I don't know why it happened, but gosh... I felt like my ribs were cracking open from the buildup of food in my chest that wouldn't go down. Every single time my esophegus contracted I thought I was going to freaking die.

Is anyone else having problems with this? Is there something you can do for it? I mean, it's not acidy heartburn... it's literally food that just has nowhere to go! I'm not eating a lot, so I don't understand except to think my stomach is just so high it has nowhere to go.
#2 of 4 Old 03-15-2006, 11:53 AM

Hi, ((((hugs)))), I think I know how you feel. I am having that problem too, along with heartburn and reflux. Really, I don't know what to say in the way of helpful advice. I'm at a loss myself. Smaller meals, and snacks seems to help me, but you've already said it doesn't help you. Staying active, and upright after I eat also seems to help a little bit. I was really suffering with this a week or so ago, where anything I ate after 4pm would sit in my belly all evening, and I'd get sick at night, with relief.
#3 of 4 Old 03-15-2006, 02:13 PM

I have a thread on the first page of the i'm pregnant column. It might help you what people said to me. Good luck!
#4 of 4 Old 03-15-2006, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for pointing that out Kelli. I think most people are getting it confused with heartburn. Everyone I mention it to in person says the same thing... don't eat spicy food, take some tums, drink some milk... But, that's not the issue. It's like you have this basketball lump of food stuck in your chest between your neck and boobs and someone is filling it up with more air trying to break your chest open!!! It's not even gas... if it were gas you could get it to dissapate with time and movement (I've had c-section gas that literally immobilized me, so I know gas when I get it!). It's a solid mass of food that won't go anywhere. Lying down doesn't make it any worse... in fact it eased it a little if anything.

Lol.. I may have to try having DH beat on my back! That suggestion for digestive enzymes might be helpful though. I need something that will help my body break down the food.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page