chat thread, 3/19-3/25 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-19-2006, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How are all you lovely mamas doing today?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2006, 03:16 PM

Great! PAK (pumping at keyboard)

How is everyone feeling?

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
Old 03-19-2006, 05:07 PM

ummm....how am I feeling? in a word...fat. LOL but I'm trying to appreciate it, Amy, especially given what I know you're dealing with! How is little Maggie doing? I loved the pix - thanks for sharing those!

seriously, I'm at that stage where I'm starting to think - how am I possibly going to get bigger than this? how much more can my body be warped over the next 2 1/2 months? I'm already starting to have a hard time sleeping some nights and peeing all the time and I have feet in my ribs that actually hurt and certainly make it hard to breath...it's truly not horrible, but I really feel physically like how can I get bigger? (b/c I surely will! LOL)

I did some yardwork with dh yesterday and that was nice. I really need that physical exercise and I was able to take lots of breaks. I'm glad the weather is getting better so I can be outside and walk more and do stuff like that b/c I need it! I enjoy that type of natural, organic exercise, not the inside, in front of a video or on a stationary bike kind, kwim? and we can't afford a gym anyway...

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

Old 03-19-2006, 06:08 PM

Dont feel bad LeighAnn, I must say this is the fastest I have ever been out of maternity- I am in my normal jeans again. All that pumping burns 500 extra calories a day so its like I am working out.

But my incision is itching like my belly used to so its like it somehow.
but I traded in the maternity for nursing tops.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
Old 03-19-2006, 06:16 PM - Thread Starter

I look down at my stomach (and all the bits of me underneath that I can't see anymore) and have a hard time believing I'll get even bigger, even though I've done this before! From here on out it's less dramatic though -- more of a filling in and rounding out rather than the popping out from a previously flat(ish) tummy. My timer is definitely popped, though. No more inny bellybutton for me!
Old 03-19-2006, 07:15 PM

I just got back form my cousin's baby shower (she is 34 weeks) and she hardly looks pg at all, and I look so huge!! In a way it is comforting cuz that's how I got with my dds so I am hoping it means there is a healthy baby in there. I usually get back to my pre-pg weight when baby is about 9-10 months old, so this time next year I'll look really good!! ANyway, so stressed from sitting for 2 hours and trying to get dds to behave when they are bored stiff and having contractions to boot. I need to have a talk with my irritable uterus. With my dds this went on for months, so I am not too worried about prematurity (even though I take it more seriuosly now that little Maggie has been born) but I have real contractions every day, sometimes regular and close, sometimes random, and I was so tense by the end of the shower they were gong crazy. Now I am home and relaxed and have yet to have one. Anyway, sorry to rant, today was not a great day but it sure could have been worse!! I have a doctor apt tomorrow, where I will get all kinds of tests. I hope they dont check my cervix but they might want to. And since I have been having these contractions I might let them. I don't know what I will do about that yet.

I will stop babbling now.

Blessings to all.
~Lisa

Lisa, mom to M : 6/02, R : 6/04, m/c 6/8/05, L 6/06, and E 8/07
Old 03-19-2006, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthmama369
have a hard time believing I'll get even bigger, even though I've done this before! From here on out it's less dramatic though -- more of a filling in and rounding out rather than the popping out
I know, that's why I'm so flabbergasted - I've done this 3x before and I just can't wrap my head around it - I think I've been out of practice for too long this time. My other 3 pgs were 1 year apart (kids 21-22 months apart) this time my baby was 3yo when I found out I was pg. I guess I just don't have the memory for it...LOL.

And I do have to admit, I love the multip pgs b/c you're already pre-stretched. No itching here and even though the belly is full, there is still skin to fill in without actually stretching...that's a good thing. And I guess I'm okay b/c my belly is not quite an outie...yet, it's no longer an innie, but we haven't gone the other way yet either

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

Old 03-19-2006, 08:55 PM

Feeling huge here, too. How can this belly get bigger? Yeah, I feel that.

Also, nesting like crazy...very frustrating when the bod doesn't work the way you want it to. Been trying to get the yard cleaned up so that dd#1 can run around and play this summer, and I have had to depend on dh and the yard man to help me because it requires alot of heavy lifting, which I can't do. Plus, my back and hips really start hurting if I do too much.

I went to the mall the other day with dd so I could walk and get some exercise as it was either too hot or windy outside. I could barely walk by the time I got back to my car after walking to one end of mall and back. But I need to keep doing it. I will probably start trying to walk more at the park once the weather improves...we're going to the zoo this week, so that will possibly be hard on the bod, but possibly good for me and a good outing for dd. I plan to stop often and drink water/rest.

I also want to go to the Dallas Arboretum as the spring blooms are here. That will be alot of walking, too, but again, there are lots of places to stop, sit and look at the flowers. I can't wait to see them. Knowing my nesting mood, I'll probably want to turn my yard into an arboretum for us all to enjoy...if I were younger and in better shape...my yard would be gorgeous!

I sound like a one-woman pity party, don't I! It's hormones, it's got to be.

I can't wait to see this little babe in my belly...she's a kicker!

Hope everyone is doing well...
Old 03-20-2006, 03:55 AM

Hello Mamas
How are you all feeling? Glad to hear everyone is doing good so far.....Right now Im STRESSED! Tired, sore, feeling big etc etc.

My hands are killing me...my fingers are totally numb right now and nothing seems tohelp...even the wrist braces I got dont do anything any more. I have tried drinking extra water, elevation, etc etc. AHHHH its annoying! Im feeling huge right now, this kid is in a horrible position and driving me nutz....at my appt last week he was still transverse with his little butt down, I really hope he flips soon or does something. I think he might have moved some because Im not so tire shaped, but he might have just moved his butt more into position who knows.

Other then that DD #1s bday is this week, we did a small informal party this weekend, just cake and icecream (because thats all we could afford) and of course my one friend brought tons of snack stuff for everyone and juice etc. I love her for it, but feel horrible that I couldnt provide it for my own party
( Atleast DH worked lots of freelance this weekend, but we are still waiting on his paychecks from before....I pray they get here soon because we have all of $10 to live on for the next three weeks without it and he needs a good $50 a week for gas money...WAHH! I soo hate money issues! Because of money is why Im so worried its a boy...I havE NO boy things...my mom has been soo sweet and has bought so much stuff for him already....almost a whole wardrobe, and stuff for me to make some blankets and crib sheets. It just makes me cry that I cant get the stuff for my own baby. I have gotten a few things, but its not near enough for what I would love.

Otherwise things are ok....I tend to get tired really easily this time around, probably because I have a little more weight on me, stress, and his position is up sooo high and across my chest most of the time, vs DD being totally strectched out upand down and out. That and the kids running me crazy...horrible spring fever these days. Hopefully it will keep getting nice outside, maybe fresh air will help us all. DDs actual b-day is Wed so we are having a surprise gettogether with my one friend...I know that will be fun and help relieve some of my stress. One can hope atleast.

Well off to bed...since my hands are already alseep the rest of me might aswell go there too right? :
Old 03-20-2006, 10:09 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi mamas! First of all I want to send hugs to you all! We are so in the home stretch now! I told dh the other day that I am SO READY to have the baby! Things in my life are kinda berzerk right now! We had a long talk this weekend and are seriuosly thinking about having a homebirth It just seems like the right thing to do for us - but I start to feel a little anxious thinking about it b/c I havent done my "research" i.e. all the STUFF we will prob need to get to have it, we are in a tight financial situation right now and dont have a ton of $$ to spend- and I do not think we can afford to rent a birth pool and I really wanted to have a water birth - so, i am going to talk to my mw at my next appointment.......but aside from all of that I think we really want to do it

Speaking of money, I have a new obsession with the gypsy mama wrap! I met a mama with one this weekend and hew 3 week old looked so happy and cool in it (it was about 85 out) dh wanted to order one on saturday, but i told him we have to wait! he is too funny!

ummmm, my sister in law to be is having hew shower in a few weeks that my mom and sisters are going to, its about 4 hrs away - I am not going, so that kinda stinks. but i just dont want to be that far away from dh/ my mw this far along........

and yes, I feel HUGE too! but i tell myself, the bigger I get, the closer we are to holding our beautiful boy And I think we found a name, we were stuck on Ben for awhile but I think we found *it*. Its a secret

homeschooling, earth loving Mama to 3 crazy, wonderful boys, ages 10 & 7, & 3 mos.,3 spirit babies                                Inch by inch, row by row.  Gonna make this garden grow  
Old 03-20-2006, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcimom
I I enjoy that type of natural, organic exercise, not the inside, in front of a video or on a stationary bike kind, kwim? and we can't afford a gym anyway...
I also enjoy getting my exercise outside. And now with Spring here today, nicer weather is almost here! I don't do gym memberships but I have a punch card at the local park district gym. I am planning on going a few more times after my ob gives the go ahead. The local health club in our area donated a one month membership to our preschool raffle at our fundrasier a few weeks ago. I of course won that- not the 2 rounds of golf that dh would have loved to do w his Dad! I would have had until April 30th to cash it in. But I cannot work out for a few more weeks (at the time a month) and by the time I could use it, Maggie would be coming home and I would NOT take her there!! So I passed it on to a friend and she was thrilled.

It sounds like all of you mamas are hitting the 3rd trimester! Its exciting to see that belly getting bigger but like everyone said- it is getting bigger! I remember feeling stretch like I never could imagine!

Old 03-20-2006, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekermage
Hello Mamas
How are you all feeling? Glad to hear everyone is doing good so far.....Right now Im STRESSED! Tired, sore, feeling big etc etc.

My hands are killing me...my fingers are totally numb right now and nothing seems tohelp...even the wrist braces I got dont do anything any more. I have tried drinking extra water, elevation, etc etc. AHHHH its annoying! Im feeling huge right now, this kid is in a horrible position and driving me nutz....at my appt last week he was still transverse with his little butt down, I really hope he flips soon or does something. I think he might have moved some because Im not so tire shaped, but he might have just moved his butt more into position who knows.
:
Seeker- I am sorry you're feeling stressed! Have you tried some basic yoga stretches? That helped me a lot when I was stressed. Don't worry about buying things for this little guy- he won't know the difference and you will get plenty of things once the baby comes anyway.

Old 03-21-2006, 06:37 PM

LeighAnne, I can SO relate about the forgetting part - so many things about this pregnancy seem like being pregnant for the first time since it has been so long since I was pregnant with Boo Amazing what you kind of forget/block out, isn't it?

I, too, have been feeling really huge lately ... and like this baby is SO high that if I opened my mouth you could see him waving hello Just very uncomfortable and this new batch of snow we got made trudging out to the mailbox and back seem like such a chore ... either I'm in worse shape than I thought I was or yup, as big as a barn

Kathryn, hang in there It sounds like you're having a really tough time ... I hope the pain in your hands lets up.

we're heading into the 3rd trimester, mamas - can you believe it?

knit.gifKara~ Rockin' Granola wife to Christopher and mama to J (Nov. '01), M (June '06), L (May '08) and stork-girl.gif (edd 8/3/11)
2011:  a year to Make Do, Do Without, or Do It Ourselves 
Old 03-21-2006, 06:53 PM

Since this is my first pregnancy, all of this is new to me!

The last two days have been hard, to say the least. I was in a skiing accident about 10 years ago, and broke my neck (tore a ligament and two vertabrae slipped out of place...i have to curvature in my neck) so I have pretty constant back pain. Sunday, I put together baby's crib (the same one my parents bought for my little brother 20 years ago! yes, the safety guidelines are up to date ) and have been paying for it with constant back spasms for the last 36 hours. The pain is right between my shoulder blades, so it's hard to breathe. I took the day off work yesterday to try and rest, which is, of course, when baby decided to practice her back flips! Unfortunately, the pain is worse today, but I'm a temp, and as such have no sick time/vacation time, so I had to come to work! We're not ready for me to stop working yet, since I won't get any maternity leave and we need to save every penny we can in the hopes that I won't have to go back to WOH!

I'm glad that we get to meet baby soon, but I'm honestly going to miss being pregnant. I love feeling her move, and watching her roll around in my stomach. Yes, it's bizarre, and yes, I could do without her playing kickball with my bladder at 2am, but I love being pregnant! It's probably because I'm not truly uncomfortable yet (except for the horrid back pain, of course) but I'm really going to miss being pregnant. It's nice to know that I can keep her safe. I'm so worried about what's going to happen when she's no longer safely tucked in my womb!!

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
Old 03-22-2006, 09:35 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Sehbub, I remember feeling that way also with ds1, and honestly I am savoring every moment of this pregnancy as well! It is such a special, sacred time in our lives. Yes, there are parts that are hard, but so worth it - and that you can keep your dc safe all the time is such a great feeling! BUt let me tell you, when that baby comes out - it is truly indescribable.

homeschooling, earth loving Mama to 3 crazy, wonderful boys, ages 10 & 7, & 3 mos.,3 spirit babies                                Inch by inch, row by row.  Gonna make this garden grow  
Old 03-22-2006, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub
Since this is my first pregnancy, all of this is new to me!
It's probably because I'm not truly uncomfortable yet (except for the horrid back pain, of course) but I'm really going to miss being pregnant. !!
Oh wow Sarah- you're a trooper! I am so glad you're enjoying this and do savor everyday. I OTH would be complaining to anyone about my back.
We can all learn from you- you will do so great when you get to meet your baby.

Old 03-26-2006, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub
I'm glad that we get to meet baby soon, but I'm honestly going to miss being pregnant.
Hehe - I am not one of those women who loves being pregnant. I can't wait to get this baby on the OUTSIDE of me!

We just got back from our vacation last night. It was both good and bad. We flew to San Juan, Puerto Rico and left there on a South Caribbean cruise. The one thing I learned was that travelling like that at 30 weeks pg was overly ambitious. It seemed like a good idea at the time, months ago, when we booked it but the reality was it was just too hard physically. We had never cruised before, and the shore excursions into the ports were hard. It's really hard to be in the intense tropical sun, with its heat and humidity, when you are this far along. And the taxi rides in those countries are like Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I tired very easily and had a lot of contractions. I normally have BH's, but I had some that were truly painful and it scared me a little. That and travelling with a toddler along also makes it tough. So, it wasn't super relaxing and the lesson we learned is that we won't travel in the third trimester of pregnancy again!

We did go to some interesting places though. Barbados was the absolute low point - poverty-stricken, dirty, polluted, wouldn't want to go there again - Antigua was nice, but St. Maarten was spectacular and we had a really lovely day there. The Dutch have really made it an amazing destination - good infrastructure, clean, beautiful shopping district, amazing beaches. We decided the next time we want a tropical vacation, we will just go to St. Maarten for a week instead of a cruise. There is much to do and enjoy there.

I did get a combo body scrub/facial/and body massage at the spa on the ship and that was wonderful!!

The baby inside me got the hiccups for the first time the other night - so cute. I had forgotten about that part. He's had them a few times since.

Well, regarding belly buttons... my timer has popped too! My belly is now 40". I got to 43" with ds, so I may have a ways to go. When we were in St. Thomas, this man walking on the opposite side of the street SHOUTED at me across the street. "Hey, you're about to pop!" I'm thinking, "Thanks, pal. That's just what I needed to hear!" :
Old 03-26-2006, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyL
Well, regarding belly buttons... my timer has popped too! My belly is now 40". I got to 43" with ds, so I may have a ways to go. When we were in St. Thomas, this man walking on the opposite side of the street SHOUTED at me across the street. "Hey, you're about to pop!" I'm thinking, "Thanks, pal. That's just what I needed to hear!" :
I would have punched him out! And I am not into violence. I remember reading in a book one time about a lady who was about 37 wks along who was said something similar by an older gentleman but in a nicer way. She turned to him, smiled and said F-- you and off she went.

I enjoyed your post but that had me laughing harder.

Old 04-01-2006, 01:34 AM

This is my first baby and I am anxious to meet him or her. I am about 28 weeks and in the home stretch now just like the rest of you June mommies. I feel great with the pregnancy, I have been mindful of my optimal fetal positioning, and have been trying to take in more meals because everything is squished I dont feel hungry as much and I havent gained much weight in the last 2 months, I actually lost 5#s but I am also drinking water like a thirsty horse.

I am a little stressed because we only have 12 weeks left aprox and we havent bought a single thing for this baby, I have made dipe covers but I dont have dipes, I have some girl clothes but who knows if this baby is a girl, and the closer we get the more excessive expensies pop up, its annoying. I want to get my list marked off so that anything I think of last min stuff I have time to get it.
But we have started spring cleaning, so that makes me happy. Now the subject of baby shower has come up, my MIL wants to throw me one, though she isnt orginized enough to take a shower by herself, and if I have one I dont want her there cause it will suddenly become 'her' shower (like this baby is HER grandchild). So I have to somhow lie to her, maybe tell her that a friend of mine threw the party but didnt know to invite her and it was a suprise to me, even if I am the one throwing my own party or my DH, he wants me to have one too. I dont have any friends who have offered to host a shower so I dont know what to do anyhow. thats my check in story.....

Baby is a dance machine though, has slowed down lately maybe getting cramped, has been in the postierior position and needs to move antierior because I am not doing the whole back labor thing. Anyways I am done with this post cause its too long.

User Tag List