This is so cool (for me anyway)! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-02-2006, 12:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, probably not for anyone else, but I just had to tell someone. My family gave me a baby shower today and got a breastfeeding pump (an Avent manual one). When we got home, I tried it out and I was able to actually pump some! It was fascinating to watch the colustrum come out, especially since this is my first and I've never seen it before. Anyway, thanks for listening, I was excited and wanted talk about it

Rebecca
#2 of 6 Old 04-02-2006, 03:15 AM

Hey Rebecca! Funny you should mention it...this morning when I woke up I had a strange feeling in my right breast. I looked down and a little bit of yellowish fluid was present. Wow! They do work! This is my first baby too, so it was pretty exciting to see my boobies in action. Only a tiny bit came out, but it was exciting non-the-less, so I can understand your happiness as well.
#3 of 6 Old 04-02-2006, 01:11 PM

I remember how exciting it was to see the colostrum start leaking out when I was pg with ds. I just wanted to mention, for any first-time moms-to-be who are reading, *don't* worry if you don't notice any colostrum leaking. It doesn't mean your breasts aren't working, or that you'll have any trouble bfing. It just means they don't feel like showing off when there's no baby to benefit.

Lisa , mom to Isaac (9/1/03), Violet (6/19/06), Simon (10/9/09); wife to Eric ; handservant to Grace :
#4 of 6 Old 04-02-2006, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TortelliniMama
I just wanted to mention, for any first-time moms-to-be who are reading, *don't* worry if you don't notice any colostrum leaking. It doesn't mean your breasts aren't working, or that you'll have any trouble bfing. It just means they don't feel like showing off when there's no baby to benefit.
Thanks for that, TortelliniMama. That was exactly what I needed to hear
#5 of 6 Old 04-03-2006, 10:01 AM

Congrats, Girls! That IS exciting!

I didn't have any show of colostrum in my first pregnancy and was so scared my boobs wouldn't work! I mean, it is crazy to imagine MILK coming out of them when they've been nothing but ornaments/p.i.t.a. before!!!! Anyway, I went on to bf my son for 2 years essentially problem free until I got pregnant and then--the PAIN--oh the PAIN! Thankfully he's just about self weaned. Tandem nursing isn't a romantic idea for me.

Good luck, ripe bellies!

Syrinx, Soulmate to Pan, Mama to Zion (5), River (3), Silver (1) and expecting a baby Storm...
#6 of 6 Old 04-04-2006, 10:03 PM

Our bodies are so amazing!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page