My baby, the hiccup monster! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-02-2006, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My bebe has learned a new trick in the last 3 or so days: hiccups! It is so cute. I kind of wondered if he would ever do it, I know other moms have been feeling it for weeks if not months. But it's funny, it's like he went from no hiccups to tons of hiccups, it seems like he's hiccuping all the time! It's like a new skill he wants to practice a lot. Is this weird? Why do babies hiccup anyway? I think I read once that it helped develop their breathing, but I maybe confusing that with something else.

Anyone else noticing a lot of repetitive movement lately?

Chessa , mama to Silas T (6/06) , wife to Chad . Welcome August Emerson! 2/8/10
#2 of 4 Old 04-02-2006, 04:26 PM

These past couple of weeks I have also noticed hiccups for the first time. This baby has only done them a few times (usually in the morning for some reason), but they are pretty cool to feel. I read that babies hiccup while in the womb to help develop their breathing reflexes, but I think that's still just an educated guess...makes sense though!
#3 of 4 Old 04-03-2006, 11:26 PM

My first baby hiccuped a lot, even after she was born. My mw said that they wouldn't bother her and that they would go away within 6 months... not so! They didn't ease up for 2 years or so, and she would get really upset at them when she was a baby. This baby has been hiccuping for a while now too, and definately more often recently, several times a day. For the longest time I thought he was just a pattern puncher or something, then I was like DUH! I remember this!

Holly, eternally in love partners.gif with Kolby, Raising Juelie Anise (10y), Behnjamin Shen (6y), and Coen Syaoran (4y). Expecting June 2013 2ndtri.gif

#4 of 4 Old 04-04-2006, 05:44 PM

I remember both my girls hiccuping all the time and this little boy is no different!! He hiccups atleast once a day! I feel them really low like right above my pubic bone, so they think he's head down already. Plus the big butt protruding on my right side under my ribs is a good indicator also!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page