So, THIS is what punching and kicking feels like... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-11-2006, 01:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
...DS was NEVER this active in utero, he was more roly-poly, just kind of laid back and rolling around....

...this babe, however, has apparently mistaken me for a punching bag, and it's starting to really cramp my style.

I think, aside from the potential internal bruising that I am acquiring , the more troublesome issue to me is this: DS was very laid back in utero, and now he's well...very energetic and enthusiastic. SO, if this kid is more energetic than it is in utero, I am seriously screwed...UNLESS, since DS did the opposite once he got out, this one will too and be really laid back once it's born.....hmmmm.....yeah, I'll keep holding on to that thought.

Just some random babbling from me, I can't seem to sleep tonight - maybe it's because my abdomen is currently resembling a pan of Jiffy Pop.

Ultrasound on Friday, see if we'll get a look at the bits and get a boy/girl assessment or not.

Guess I'll go and try to get some sleep.

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#2 of 5 Old 04-11-2006, 04:33 AM

My first wasn't as active as this one either... she's a moderately active child... not lazy but not hyperactive by any means. I swear this baby has extra limbs though! I feel him all over. He can be in my bum and against my breastbone at the same time. Last night he decided to spend the entire evening, night, and morning so far into my left side he was almost completely in my back, and kept popping some body part out far enough that I could hold onto it... a hand maybe? His feet were under my ribs, so it couldn't have been a foot. I think I'm having a contortionest, unless he's hiding a stowaway in there! I, too, have fears of him being as active on the outside as he is on the inside. I do like watching my, as you put it "jiffy pop" belly though! I think it looks super neat.

Holly, eternally in love partners.gif with Kolby, Raising Juelie Anise (10y), Behnjamin Shen (6y), and Coen Syaoran (4y). Expecting June 2013 2ndtri.gif

#3 of 5 Old 04-11-2006, 11:24 AM

I've been surprised at how different this pregnancy has felt, also. The activity level is much higher, and I have yet to feel a hiccup. DS is a terrific kid, so in some ways I'd rather have it feel the same, which is totally irrational since it makes no sense to assume similar pregnancy=similar child. I guess I'll find out in six or seven weeks, regardless.
I can't wait to snuggle up with a breastfeeding baby again!
#4 of 5 Old 04-11-2006, 08:17 PM

I have VERY active in utero babies. All four have used me as a punching bag through out the pregnancy. I've never had to worry about doing "kick counts" because they are always moving around... ALL THE TIME. Sometimes it gets really old.

My belly has been known to resemble an alien about to burst through. :
#5 of 5 Old 04-11-2006, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum2tori
I have VERY active in utero babies. All four have used me as a punching bag through out the pregnancy. I've never had to worry about doing "kick counts" because they are always moving around... ALL THE TIME. Sometimes it gets really old.

My belly has been known to resemble an alien about to burst through. :
That's how ds#1 was and how this baby is too! I tell dh that I feel like I'm carrying an alien because of the movement of my belly.

Ds#1 was very active - a kickboxer but not very coordinated in utero. He's somewhat the same now - pretty active (though will cuddle right up with me on the couch and watch a movie ), but not the most graceful on land (like his daddy - more of a water person).

Ds#2 was VERY graceful in utero. He felt more like he was dancing; he was still active but much more comfortably. He's very active now too, and very well coordinated (most of the time - but physically, he has always been very advanced starting with walking at 9 months).

This child is resembling more of my first son - alien kick boxer . So, I'm very very curious to see how he/she is once born. I might have to have a fourth child (can't even phathom the thought right now!!) just in hopes of maybe getting a CALM one!

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page