All these births are making me nervous... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-24-2006, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm starting to get nervous after seeing so many June babies already here! I want to see my little one so badly yet at the same time I want him to stay in his nest as long as possible. I keep seeing more and more June babies being delivered and I'm going into panic mode. I can't believe in less than two months he will be here. WOW!! I'm a first time mom and to be completely honest I'm scared to death. I've already had some false alarms and I'm terrified that I wont go to the hospital when I am really in labor. Anyone else have this fear? I just want him to be healthy. We had our baby shower yesterday and I must say it turned out SOOO good... We got a lot of stuff we really needed... Still so much to get though... I'm making a list though... so I don’t forget anything. And I have to figure out which outfit I want him to come home in. We had another 3D ultrasound done on Saturday. Baby Zachary did NOT want to cooperate. However we got a few good shots. I'll post the link when I can.. He looks so fat!

We go back to the doctor on Thursday... start having the biophysical ultrasounds done... one a week until he is born... I suppose we will be seeing him a lot lately. I'm sorta excited about that. Alright, I'm rambling... gotta go get some cleaning done this morning...

UPDATE: Here are some photo's...
My Belly at 34 weeks:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...r/7620edba.jpg

Baby Zachary
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...charyFace1.jpg

Another Picture of Baby Zachary
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...charyFace2.jpg

The Shower Cake:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...howerCake2.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2006, 11:46 AM

I would say if I could choose- keep that baby inside as long as possible. The easiest way to care for that baby is where its at. But you will see more and more babies arrive over the next few weeks. Some are miscalulations, some just want out, and some will be taken for the health of baby or mama

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
Old 04-24-2006, 12:30 PM

Yeah, what Amy said

If it helps, I felt many of the same worries with my 1st ... how will I know it is the "real thing" ... will my baby be okay? ... will I be okay? ... It is a very intense emtional time (no matter what number child is it is! ) and I think having some worries and concerns about the unknown is perfectly natural ... you're already head over heels in love with that little baby boy in your belly, it is natural to feel protective over him and worry about the unknowns that lie ahead

And, really, births with healthy mamas and healthy babies and births where the babies don't come early are so MUCH more the norm than the exception. It happens 100s of times every day, after all Try to keep reminding yourself of that and take comfort in it.

It sounds like your shower was wonderful!

knit.gifKara~ Rockin' Granola wife to Christopher and mama to J (Nov. '01), M (June '06), L (May '08) and stork-girl.gif (edd 8/3/11)
2011:  a year to Make Do, Do Without, or Do It Ourselves 
Old 04-24-2006, 01:43 PM

It is getting extremely close. I see all these May/June babies being born and am so excited! I just cannot wait to hold this dc in my arms, for s/he to finally meet everyone! I know it's gonna be much more work w/ 2 dc so I try to remind myself to enjoy this last month n a half that the baby has left in this belly but it's so hard! I can't wait to welcome this baby into the world!

BTW, that cake is AWESOME! Looks almost too good to eat!
Old 04-24-2006, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugamber
I've already had some false alarms and I'm terrified that I wont go to the hospital when I am really in labor. Anyone else have this fear?
I got a little nervous about this, too, with my first. I just had this weird feeling about what if the baby was born in the car, or at home, or whatever. So I read a lot about unassisted childbirth and what me or DH would need to do if the baby came really quick or something. I even gave DH a study sheet -- like, OK, if I go into labor and the baby is coming, here's what you need to do. I went over it with him! But it did make me feel a lot better, and it made me realize, hey, women have been having babies for thousands of years without doctors, etc. So no reason we couldn't do it!

The funny thing is, I probably would have had DS at home unassisted if I hadn't had a normally scheduled midwife appointment that I decided to go to... as I went, I was thinking "I THINK I'm in labor." Well I showed up there 8 cm dialated!! Good thing I went to the appointment! (Especially because DS was breech!)

But I think I'm a little weird. I think most women TOTALLY know when they are in labor, especially 8 cm. along.

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
Old 04-24-2006, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybugamber
I'm starting to get nervous after seeing so many June babies already here!
At least it's not contagious!
Old 04-24-2006, 05:27 PM

Hey ladybugabmer!
How cute does your little one look!!! We just had the same kind of ultrasound done 2 weeks ago and the baby had her hands and feet (!) in front of her face almost the entire time! I can only dream of that kind of flexibility!
The nurse who performed our ultrasound told us that babies usually look a little "wider" (i.e. fatter) in these ultrasound pictures because of the way the pics are taken. I've seen some pictures of babies' ultrasounds and then their actual pictures after they were born, and it seems to be true...
Oh, BTW: that cake looks delicious!!!
Old 04-24-2006, 05:52 PM

Well...I was in a totally different boat than you are and always knew I would go early. I would try to relax and enjoy these last few weeks and not worry about it. I think stress will just add to anything you might be feeling. KWIM?

Miriam , mom to jumpers.gif
Old 04-24-2006, 07:58 PM

While it did give me a moment of pause to see several June babies making appearances already... I had to remind myself that I'm end of June so I still have 10+ weeks and many don't.

I agree, lots are "miscalculations", baby wants out now and health issues so baby comes out now.

I *TOTALLY* agree with Amy... I like Baby#4 right where she is right now. She's so easy to take care of, I *always* know right where she is , and she isn't upset or crying. While I am excited about seeing her soon, was just thinking about it last night when she was doing her evening Hokey Pokey dance, I'm like where she is right now best.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustineM
But I think I'm a little weird. I think most women TOTALLY know when they are in labor, especially 8 cm. along.
make that two of us. No clue I was in labor w Maggie and I was fully dilated. She also was a breech but a footling breech. They think since I had an infection and she was in that position, it just moved things along.

"The true joy of life is the trip. The station is only a dream. It constantly out distances us."
Old 04-24-2006, 09:13 PM

I'm a little nervous too... especially since I've been losing chunks of my mucous plug every day for the past week, my cervix is dialating and thinning out, and I've been having contractions 5-3 minutes apart most evenings for several hours! I had a lot of contrax my last pg too. I think that's why my labor only took 3 hours, but it was really intense... so yeah, I'm scared the baby will come early and faster than the midwife can get here! I'm just trying to hold out till May 27th (my 37 week mark) so I can have my homebirth. Benny and I had a talk and I told him I know he's very excited, but he has to stay inside for a few more weeks. I promised I'd let him know the second he can come out... I hope he listens to him mommy... I had dd and dh talk to him too!

Holly, eternally in love partners.gif with Kolby, Raising Juelie Anise (10y), Behnjamin Shen (6y), and Coen Syaoran (4y). Expecting June 2013 2ndtri.gif

Old 04-25-2006, 02:27 AM

I've been alittle nervous about an early birth too. Now I don't feel so alone with my thoughts on it. I'm hoping babe Kaya stays in there. I can't wait to meet her but on the flip side she has two months and I want her to stay there that long!

User Tag List