The Official June Babies Prodromal Labor Thread - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 43 Old 05-18-2006, 06:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my ctxns have been pretty intense the last couple days too. but at my appt. yesterday i not dialated at all, but he said im effacing. so atleast im ripening i still have 5wks to go! yikes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 43 Old 05-19-2006, 05:53 PM

I just got back from the doctor's office, was given a NST due to decreased movement. Baby ended up being fine and VERY active and to my surprise was having regular contractions. They sent me home and contractions have slowed. Phew. I still have five more weeks to go.

Mama to Alexis 8/1/03 and baby Dylan expected 6/22/06
#33 of 43 Old 05-19-2006, 06:42 PM

I'm glad everything turned out to be OK. I think sometimes when the contractions are going it's harder to feel the movement. I figured out that was the problem I was having this morning. I was like crap, why is she so quiet? She'd move but it would just feel like little flutters. Then I realized my belly was rock hard. No pain, just tense. I was surprised that I hadn't noticed it since I was woken up by contractions this morning that actually hurt. So probably it's just harder to feel the baby when those muscles are so thick and tight.
#34 of 43 Old 05-20-2006, 08:19 PM

I'm so glad I found this thread. I'm currently 37 weeks and today I had some powerful contractions for about 3.5 hours. They were mostly irregular, but for about an hour they were quite intense and lasted for about 45 seconds with about 3 minutes or so in between each. I was starting to think maybe this was it. Not so. Now I am having very random ones every once in a while in small groups. I had my first ever noticable contractions last Saturday and then some again on Tuesday while at the grocery store and on the drive to the midwife. At the midwife appointment she said I was 90% effaced. My next appointment is not until Thursday... I wonder if I'll be dilated at that point. This is my first baby, so I'm not entirely sure what to expect, but reading all your posts has helped ease my mind a bit. I'm ready whenever baby is ready
#35 of 43 Old 05-20-2006, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cymbeline
I really want to have a waterbirth, but I'm nervous that we won't get the tub filled in time!
Me too. We are going to do a practice run tomorrow to see how long it takes to fill it up. Once I think labor started, we are going to start filling it up.
#36 of 43 Old 05-21-2006, 10:14 PM - Thread Starter

I'm going nuts! The ctxns were 5min apart for 3 hrs yesterday, along with general crampiness and a burst of energy. I asked DH to skip a friend's wedding "just in case," and of course it slowed down.

Today they were mostly 10 min apart, but in the last few hours picked up again, erratic but close. 7 min, then 10, then 2 min, then 5, then 9 min. UGH! I don't want to do this for the next three weeks!!!!

Mom to : DS1 (11), DS2 (8), DD3 (4), : DS4 (1), and : : :
#37 of 43 Old 05-21-2006, 10:21 PM

Iam due the 12th and this has been going on since LAST friday! I am so worn out, I feel like i want to scream.
#38 of 43 Old 05-21-2006, 10:29 PM

I'm really surprised by how freakin' tired these contractions make me. I'm exhausted by the end of the day. Who am I kidding? By Qualia's naptime I'm ready to drop. I didn't have nearly as many contractions before labor with Qualia, and they definitely didn't affect me like this. I just keep telling myself that this is why second labors tend to go faster -- because you do so much of the work beforehand. Here's hoping that's true! (And that I still somehow have time to get the tub set up!!)
#39 of 43 Old 05-24-2006, 03:20 AM - Thread Starter

UGH! Things were ok for most of Monday and Tuesday.

Then, Tuesday around 5pm I had a horrible tummy upset and, well, let's just say I emptied out

Contractions picked up, strong, and between 7-10min apart.

I was a little concerned, and asked DH if we could run a few errands. We got towels and washcloths and sheets at a discount store--the last of the things we wanted to have on hand for the birth. While out, the ctxns were 2-5min apart.

We came home, and I took a brief bath. It slowed the ctxns down a little. We watched a movie and DH made me a weak drink. I haven't been timing the ctxns since; I think they are about 10-15min apart.

Now it is one in the morning! I'm tired but also antsy and stuffed up (ugh, sinus allergies) and unable to sleep! If this is it, I really don't want to be up all night and exhausted when things actually get going.

I think I will drink a tall glass of ice water and use the neti pot and PRAY for sleep. UGH.

#40 of 43 Old 05-24-2006, 02:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cymbeline
UGH! Things were ok for most of Monday and Tuesday.

Then, Tuesday around 5pm I had a horrible tummy upset and, well, let's just say I emptied out

Contractions picked up, strong, and between 7-10min apart.

I was a little concerned, and asked DH if we could run a few errands. We got towels and washcloths and sheets at a discount store--the last of the things we wanted to have on hand for the birth. While out, the ctxns were 2-5min apart.

We came home, and I took a brief bath. It slowed the ctxns down a little. We watched a movie and DH made me a weak drink. I haven't been timing the ctxns since; I think they are about 10-15min apart.

Now it is one in the morning! I'm tired but also antsy and stuffed up (ugh, sinus allergies) and unable to sleep! If this is it, I really don't want to be up all night and exhausted when things actually get going.

I think I will drink a tall glass of ice water and use the neti pot and PRAY for sleep. UGH.
You sure we arn't twins? I contracted all day yesterday starting from really spaced out to about 4 min apart and over a min long over 12 hours only to have them peter out at bed time and I cheated and took a binadryl for my allergy headache Here's to hoping be both have these babies soon!

Seriously?
#41 of 43 Old 05-24-2006, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satori
You sure we arn't twins? I contracted all day yesterday starting from really spaced out to about 4 min apart and over a min long over 12 hours only to have them peter out at bed time and I cheated and took a binadryl for my allergy headache Here's to hoping be both have these babies soon!
LOL, we must be twins! I took some Claritin for the allergies and some Calms Forte for the insomnia. Also chewed on a couple of calcium tablets and finally went to bed by 3.

Today I am a grouchy monster mama. Not fun to hang with. And even though the little guy is napping, I can't seem to sleep. :

I think I remember this for #1, and by the time he arrived (on his due date!) I didn't care if giving birth was painful or not, I just wanted him OUT!!!!

#42 of 43 Old 05-25-2006, 03:11 PM

unlike you, my body didn't start anything with ds1 until labor started so this is a very different experience for me! no long contractions though--just hang out for a couple hours and then they go away.... went to the midwife yesterday and we are 70-80% effaced, only 1 cm dilated and at station 0.... let's really hope this doesn't take until june 4!

Ange. Mama to boys. Yup. All Boys. All Intact. A bunch of other NFL, crunchy credentials too.
#43 of 43 Old 05-25-2006, 09:30 PM

Had this on-again-off-again crap with DS1, nothing at all with DS2 until the morning I actually WENT into labor... Keep telling everyone I'll believe it when I'm puking and having show. Until then this is all just practice and I refuse to get excited about any of it (ok, at least not much... )

--K knit.gifluxlove.gif = dsd '01, ds1 '01, ds2 '03, dd1 '06, dd2 '09 grouphug.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page