The Official June Babies Prodromal Labor Thread - Mothering Forums

The Official June Babies Prodromal Labor Thread

cymbeline's Avatar cymbeline (TS)
11:41 PM Liked: 0
#1 of 43
05-12-2006 | Posts: 700
My midwife said that BH ctxns with the third might be much stronger than with the first two, but I seriously had no idea. I mean, the pressure is so intense that I am pretty much immobile most of the day and I can't believe my water hasn't broken yet! I've been on bedrest/limited activity for the last week as I reach full term.

I'm due 6/10, so only a few weeks to go, and I was 11 days early with #2. I know my body is just getting ready and this will (hopefully) mean another quick labor, but I am also tired and sore!!

I'm starting to take bets on how soon the baby will get here. At least, being home all the time, I don't have to put up with the stares or the "What, were you due last week?" jabs!!!

How about ya'll?
Leakyboobs's Avatar Leakyboobs
01:03 AM Liked: 10
#2 of 43
05-13-2006 | Posts: 229
Almost every evening. Happened with DS1 (who came late), not with DS2 (who came early). I get not-quite-REAL-contractions for anywhere from 3 to 4 hours and then they just quit. At least mine are coming at the end of the day when I can just rest and then sleep when they calm down... it would really stink to have to deal with them during the day!

But it doesn't necessarily mean you'll go early... I hate the "you haven't had that baby YET" comments, too.
chiromama's Avatar chiromama
02:00 AM Liked: 0
#3 of 43
05-13-2006 | Posts: 9,325
I am still just getting BHs but they are def getting more intense. Some of them have been lower down, and I can feel the baby head butting my cervix.... so I'm not having prodromal labor, but something is changing.
Mearaina's Avatar Mearaina
11:46 AM Liked: 0
#4 of 43
05-13-2006 | Posts: 1,284
Right here - I had this with both dds but didn't know there was a name for it, thought I was the only person in the world who contracted MONTHS before delivery. In fact, we were just in the hospital becasue the doctor thought they might be real - hahaha. Like I'll ever go into labor . I am a bit skeptical about this process - My labor with dd1 was still 32 hours - but with dd2 I only labored about 3 - so hopefully this wee one takes after her. I am soooo tired from no sleep - even when I sleep it isn't good sleep. Counting the days til delivery and a good nap .
Frogmorest's Avatar Frogmorest
02:00 PM Liked: 0
#5 of 43
05-13-2006 | Posts: 1,355
Oh yah... I'm so there. Saturday last was 8 hours of steady contractions... 8 hours!!! Every night I'm having sets of them... I'm convinced it's doing nothing but making me very very tired
eco_mama's Avatar eco_mama
02:35 PM Liked: 10
#6 of 43
05-13-2006 | Posts: 11,072
I had some 'real' bh ctx over a wk ago. I haven't had any since. I just have lots of pressure and soreness in my *ahem* vaginal area.
03:41 PM Liked: 0
#7 of 43
05-13-2006 | Posts: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearaina
Right here - I had this with both dds but didn't know there was a name for it, thought I was the only person in the world who contracted MONTHS before delivery.
Yup! Me too! My strong BH's started at 27w with my first and I went to the hospital three times before accepting that this is just what my body does. Everyone said I would go early--and I gave birth on my due date!

With #2, I remember they started at 25w, and were a little stronger, but nothing like this time. I tried to leave the house last night, what a mistake. Every bump in the road gave me a ctxn, and the kids were on my last nerve. They wake me up in the middle of the night, too.

I could deal with them if I just had the energy to cook and clean. We're burning through way too much $$ on ordering out
BelgianSheepDog's Avatar BelgianSheepDog
03:50 PM Liked: 174
#8 of 43
05-13-2006 | Posts: 6,878
So what makes something officially count as prodromal labor? I'm having a lot of bh contractions, mostly just when I'm active though, and baby feels like she's trying to drill through my cervix, but there's nothing dramatic going on yet. Other than *TMI* my bowels seem to have gone insanely overproductive. */TMI*
eco_mama's Avatar eco_mama
04:17 PM Liked: 10
#9 of 43
05-13-2006 | Posts: 11,072
Oh ya, and I have frequent 'period cramp' feeling cramps.
MidwifeErika's Avatar MidwifeErika
04:41 PM Liked: 303
#10 of 43
05-13-2006 | Posts: 2,812
I am so glad to read this. Last night I had 5 hours of contractions coming every 3 minutes. It made me cry in frustration because this is how it went with my #2 kiddo too. I had a few weeks of each day having regular contractions starting and going, getting closer together, stronger and then dying off. I guess this is one of the benefits of going UC this time around.... I won't be calling and bothering a poor midwife with all my false starts . With Owen it got to the point where the day that labor really was going, I didn't believe it at all. Even with broken waters, I didn't really beleive that I was going to be having a baby. It wasn't really until his head was coming out that I knew there was no turning back. Oh, I am really starting to wish to have this baby soon.... just so I don't have to get all disappointed with the way my body seems to do things again.
mommy2girlies's Avatar mommy2girlies
10:31 PM Liked: 0
#11 of 43
05-13-2006 | Posts: 1,496
Im on the bandwagon too...w/ dd #2 i went to the hospital twice and they actually used terbutaline to stop the ctxns. they've started again and they're so intense!! when i get one and i get them often i have to stop and breathe a bit. i get them mostly if i've been extremely active or are tired...and i get them all day! i'd really love it if i knew they were getting me "ready" down there
Satori's Avatar Satori
01:28 AM Liked: 56
#12 of 43
05-14-2006 | Posts: 7,730
It appears I'll be joining the club, I'm either in early labor or its prodromal labor, either way its no fun! A couple have taken my breath away and no way could I talk though them, started with a bang too I have to much to do yet to have this baby! I need at least 3 more days to get this house in order! My birth partner is having a sympathetic pregnancy and is demanding I slow down tonight, why? Because she can't handle the pain! So I'm sitting down for a few minutes to drink some tea but its making me nauseas which is unusual
luv2bmommie's Avatar luv2bmommie
11:29 AM Liked: 0
#13 of 43
05-14-2006 | Posts: 99
Been having a lot of period like cramps and I think baby has definitely dropped. Also feelng pressure "down there" too. Still not due for five more weeks though.

Mama to Alexis 8/1/03 and due 6/22/06
littlemama06's Avatar littlemama06
03:42 PM Liked: 0
#14 of 43
05-14-2006 | Posts: 649
I am there too.I started having contractions Friday night and they have come and gone since then.Sometimes they are 3 or som minutes apart,other time 7 minutes or so,this will last for a few hours, stops for an hour or so and then starts back.I had them all night.I just wantto hold on for another 2 weeks,i still have alot to do.
tsume's Avatar tsume
08:24 PM Liked: 11
#15 of 43
05-14-2006 | Posts: 1,491
With all 3 I've had BH's early on. The month before my second was born (almost 42 weeks) I had many many times when I thought I was in labor. I had the regular timeable contractions and they were different than BH's. It was emotionally exhausting as well as physically.

I'm having the same thing again this time around. The only difference is I'm not playing the "Is this it??" game. That really did a number on me last time. I am almost 38 weeks and the due date I'm telling my head is June 13. Until it's closer to June 13 then I'll start playing "Is this it" Hopefully, by that time I'll have a baby at that point.
StacyL's Avatar StacyL
12:34 AM Liked: 0
#16 of 43
05-15-2006 | Posts: 3,129
I'm having VERY intense, uncomfortable BH's at night for 3-4 hours (after I go to bed, of course and randomly in the day or the car, but I pay no attention because this is how it went in the last 3-4 weeks of my last pg. When I finally had my first real labor contraction, it was so completely and distinctly different there was no mistaking it was the "real thing." I have 2 1/2 more weeks to go, so I figure it could change any day now, but I am definitely tired from the not-sleeping because of them.
05:36 PM Liked: 0
#17 of 43
05-15-2006 | Posts: 700
Man o man, if these aren't "it" then I am honestly scared of what they will be like when they are it. Some aren't too bad, but the other night I was freaking DH out as I moaned through one. He asked, "Were you just practicing?" And I told him, no, that I really needed to moan!

Last night, a small glass of wine did nothing to slow them down.

Now, watch, I will go to 42+ wks!!!
Satori's Avatar Satori
05:41 PM Liked: 56
#18 of 43
05-15-2006 | Posts: 7,730
So, is there anything we can do to kick this stuff into real labor thats not dangerous? Nipple stim ect?
Leakyboobs's Avatar Leakyboobs
04:14 AM Liked: 10
#19 of 43
05-16-2006 | Posts: 229
Nursing quite a bit every day and I'm still very much pregnant. LOL And with my enthusiastic 3yo, that's some nipple stim with a vengance! I'm a believer in the idea that babies come when they are ready and there isn't much you can do to coax them out before they want to show... dangit.
mommy2girlies's Avatar mommy2girlies
12:26 PM Liked: 0
#20 of 43
05-16-2006 | Posts: 1,496
Now we've not only got the really intense ctxns, but it feels like he's digging out of my body thru my cervix w/ a fork!!! I keep getting these pokey twinges at the cervix and some of them are sharp!!
coco4cloth's Avatar coco4cloth
12:35 PM Liked: 0
#21 of 43
05-16-2006 | Posts: 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2girlies
I keep getting these pokey twinges at the cervix and some of them are sharp!!
Yep, I've been having those too. I'm 37 weeks tomorrow, but plan for this to continue for about 4 more weeks:
02:42 PM Liked: 0
#22 of 43
05-16-2006 | Posts: 9,325
I'm convinced my babe has a spiky head that they are trying to shove through my cervix.
12:31 PM Liked: 0
#23 of 43
05-18-2006 | Posts: 1,284
All these contrax are doing something!! I am quite excited that all this discomfort is actually helping things. I will be 36 weeks tomorrow, so I am hoping things don't go too fast, but if I start labor 5 or 6 cm dilated I won't complain...I am 2 stretchy to 3 (that was Monday) and had only been a fingertip in the hospital 5 days prior, so I am excited about what my body is doing. How is everyone else?
luv2bmommie's Avatar luv2bmommie
01:46 PM Liked: 0
#24 of 43
05-18-2006 | Posts: 99
I have been getting crampy and achy every night so I am sure my body is starting to do something. Also it is becoming quite painful when baby moves, almost feels like he is going to break right out

Mama to Alexis 8/1/03 and baby Dylan due 6/22/06
02:13 PM Liked: 0
#25 of 43
05-18-2006 | Posts: 9,325
I think I spoke way too soon on this thread. I'm still having good BH but nothing is really happening, i think. My MW thinks i'll definitely go late... and I'm not due for another 3 weeks!
Paddington's Avatar Paddington
03:29 PM Liked: 0
#26 of 43
05-18-2006 | Posts: 8,137
My babe's got a fork head too. Thank G-d I'm not the only one! I actually had a bit of heightened activity last thursday--I got a yeast infection and my midwife had me taking Monistat 3--well, every morning after taking it, I had contractions for 3 to 4 hours... Then Sunday went back to my normal, braxton hicks, pointy head, sore at the end of the day and all through the night routine . Tomorrow is my last day at work and then I am on my maternity leave! I have so much I want to get ready before this babe makes his appearance. Oh, I'm at 37 in a half weeks.
05:24 PM Liked: 0
#27 of 43
05-18-2006 | Posts: 897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearaina
All these contrax are doing something!! I am quite excited that all this discomfort is actually helping things. I will be 36 weeks tomorrow, so I am hoping things don't go too fast, but if I start labor 5 or 6 cm dilated I won't complain...I am 2 stretchy to 3 (that was Monday) and had only been a fingertip in the hospital 5 days prior, so I am excited about what my body is doing. How is everyone else?
I was 5cm before I started labor with my last. It was a VERY intense fast labor when it started. I got to the hospital an hour before she was born. It was crazy and I was not happy that I didn't have my doc. I'm not sure if I'd like to repeat that. This time I am having a homebirth, so we will see.
05:25 PM Liked: 0
#28 of 43
05-18-2006 | Posts: 897
Oh and I am having bh on and off. Movements are starting to really hurt. I know I will go another 3 or 4 weeks. I will probably feel like the baby is falling out by then
06:30 PM Liked: 0
#29 of 43
05-18-2006 | Posts: 1,284
I started labor with dd1 at 2 cm and with dd2 at 4 stretchy to 5 cm. It (with dd2) did go fast, I am sorry that you (coco4cloth) had a hectic delivery. My one concern if I go fast is how is dh going to get there? He works 1 job 2 hours away (this will end when I hit 38 weeks - he will go back to normal after that - which is 1 hour away) and a second job that is really close to home. It does concern me, but I am trying not to think about too much. And I just found out that dh gets 2 weeks paternity leave .
06:49 PM Liked: 0
#30 of 43
05-18-2006 | Posts: 700
I hadn't dilated at all previous to my last two births, but had a LOT of practice contractions and both labors were very fast! Last check, I was about 2-3cm this time, so I'm also worried about another super-fast labor. I really want to have a waterbirth, but I'm nervous that we won't get the tub filled in time!

I'm already feeling like the babe is about to fall out. Anyone else having super-intense ctxns? These things are knocking me out, I tell you. Not at all like the practice ctxns from last time. I have to remind myself that my due date is in JUNE because I feel like I could pop at any time.

Anyone heard from Satori today? I wonder....

Reply Subscribe June 2006