Being Adamant!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 05-18-2006, 09:54 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have have to say... sometimes you just have to stand your ground when it comes to what you are feeling. I've posted before that I'm leaking... I called the doctor this morning wanting to see someone... I dont care if the doctor sees me... or the midwife... just as long as someone checks me today. They were like... "it's probably just the baby laying on your bladder." : IT'S NOT PEE!!! I REPEAT IT'S NOT PEE!!!!!

I've peed in my pants quite a few times during this pregnancy.... so I know what that looks and smells like... so please stop telling me it's pee. I love how the "nurses" just assume that it's nothing. Hello? I realize this isn't YOUR child but it's a child... and if the mother feels like something is wrong... well then see her... and reasure her it's nothing. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that what doctors get paid for?

And I hate feeling like I'm bothering them with questions and concerns... when all I really want is to at least feel like I'm prepared for the birth of this baby. It's my first... I've never done this before... so I have NO clue what to expect... so please....please please please... stop making me feel like a complete idiot!!

The "nurse" said she would talk with the doctor and have him call me back... So... : hopefully they will let me just come on in today and be checked... and possibly have a good weekend without any worries...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 05-18-2006, 10:11 AM

If they keep giving you the run-around, just go to the office (if it's not too far away). It's hard to ignore a pissed off pregnant woman.

Sarah - Mama to Vic (1/19/00), Syd (4/06/02) Sam (4/20/06-born at 30wk2d), JackJack (2/14/07) and Charlie (4/30/10)
#3 of 9 Old 05-18-2006, 10:30 AM

It's so astonishing to me that they would ignore a possible fluid leak....just because the consequences can be pretty bad if you get an infection. Are you GBS + by any chance? If you are I'd throw that in and tell them that they better check. I hate when doctors and nurses (I'm a nurse practitioner) don't listen to patients. Patients usually know their bodies pretty well. All that being said....I can't tell you how many people come in to be checked and it's pee or vaginal d/c....far more than leaking fluid (Mom's a mw so I hear all the stories). But you still need to CHECK to figure that out. Good luck, stand firm...it's your baby your are protecting.

Cypress
#4 of 9 Old 05-18-2006, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

I'm not sure if I'm GBS +... They are suppose to check me for that next Thursday. They have things all messed up in that office. I really dont like it and will NOT use it again when we have another baby. I failed my down sydrome test because they got my weeks wrong... and I have paid for that every since. I'm hoping it doesn't matter when they check you for the Group B Strep... My due date has changed so many time I'm not sure they even know when I'm going to have this baby.

I'm hoping and praying that it is just discharge... I'm almost certain it's not... but that would make me feel A LOT better.

I just know that I am going for weekly ultrasounds (due to the failing of the DS test) and last week my amino fluid was at 14... this past Tuesday it was down to 10... So that issue scares me a litte more...I drink more water than should probably be legal. I just wanna make sure my baby is perfect!!

Thanks for all the support...

BTW... Doctors office called back... I'm going in at 2. Said to stay off my feet until then and if I have a huge gush of fluid go to the ER. Otherwise, they will see me at 2... lets hope all goes well...
#5 of 9 Old 05-18-2006, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehbub
If they keep giving you the run-around, just go to the office (if it's not too far away). It's hard to ignore a pissed off pregnant woman.
: :
#6 of 9 Old 05-18-2006, 10:59 AM

Oh good, I'm glad that you got through to them. Way to stick up for yourself!!

Cypress
#7 of 9 Old 05-18-2006, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

I went to the doctors today. It went pretty well... I didn't realize how badly the test for amino fluid was. Man it hurt!! But... all is good.... Not leaking any so all is well with that. My doctor said that my amino fluid was still on the low side but we hope it gets back up before next visit (next Thursday). He said that the baby had dropped lower and that may be causing more pressure on my bladder and making me keep damp underwear. I've never been so glad to hear that I'm wetting my pants...

Thanks for all the advice!!
#8 of 9 Old 05-18-2006, 09:32 PM

Good that it's just pee or vaginal discharge.
#9 of 9 Old 05-20-2006, 11:39 PM

Glad to hear everything is ok and good for you standing your ground . I hate when you're just dismissed by the nurse on the phone. I have called several times about things and I always feel like I'm such a bother, but I don't care.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page