Who is next??? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 101 Old 05-23-2006, 10:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I gave in and asked her to check me today( i think my mom is frustrated with me). i had contractions all night,lots of lower back pain.I am 2 cm, 60 effaced, my cervix is"soft and squishey" and i am at a -2 station.
I have not had any bloody show, a little mucus here and there but nothing that looks like a plug.

Iam just so worn out, My leg is killing me( the one with pins and rods from the knee down) I guess it is all the extra weight.:

I know she will come when she is ready, I just cant wait to see her little face.
Kaitlin
#62 of 101 Old 05-24-2006, 02:44 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Well ladies, i've been contracting since I got up this morning so well over 12 hours, there about 3.5-4 min apart and lasting over a minute but I still don't know if its the real thing! I don't know if its just BH or the fact i'm doing hypnobabies but I figure if a baby pops out it was labor

Seriously?
#63 of 101 Old 05-24-2006, 09:22 AM

Satori,
Please keep us posted
Kaitlin
#64 of 101 Old 05-24-2006, 10:17 AM

:
#65 of 101 Old 05-24-2006, 11:54 AM

no progress to report here,went realy fast with#1 under 2 hrs start to finish. realy slow with#2 needed epidural for failuer to progress past 6 cm. 20 hrs and a great spinal head ache : latter (never again) . lota issues here bh, mucus,back pain ,all good it moves us closer to the ultimte goal ,: BIRTHDAY cake. Good luck mamas

Doing what I can to make better choices every day!
#66 of 101 Old 05-24-2006, 02:02 PM

Well, went to bed expecting them to get stronger at some point but they stopped all together, pretty sure the stress from my neighbors had something to do with it as at 2am I was woken up by her screaming M**** F**** at her DH and they were fighting about money and of course apt manager wasn't answering his phone again. Got my nerves all on edge though and I couldn't go back to sleep for a couple hours and the baby obviously was not happy about my stress level

Seriously?
#67 of 101 Old 05-24-2006, 02:15 PM

Oh Satori,
So sorry, hang in there.I would be going crazy with neighbors like that.
Kaitlin
#68 of 101 Old 05-24-2006, 10:15 PM

Holy **** I was just making myself something to eat when something wooshed down my leg...does not appear to be pee. I guess I should call the midwife and see if she wants to see me...I was so not expecting anything right now, I'm only 37 weeks 2 days and I am a first timer. I have so much left to do!!! I'm almost hoping I just wet myself. *embarrassed*

Completely freaked out now!!!
#69 of 101 Old 05-24-2006, 11:06 PM

Oh geek girl,
Please let us know!!
KAitlin
#70 of 101 Old 05-24-2006, 11:26 PM

W00t! Yippee for impending labor! Who's next in line?

Mom to : DS1 (11), DS2 (8), DD3 (4), : DS4 (1), and : : :
#71 of 101 Old 05-24-2006, 11:37 PM

I called the mw and she's on her way over later tonight with those test strip thingies. So we shall soon see. Other than the initial watery surprise nothing's going on here but some mild cramping. Oh and some major panicking.
#72 of 101 Old 05-25-2006, 12:07 AM

I am so glad things are moving slowly for you. With my first, my water broke and the next thing I knew a monster ctxn hit me like a frieght train. Then another, and another. It was awful. I hope you experience a peaceful and gentle labor!!

#73 of 101 Old 05-25-2006, 04:05 AM

Thank you!

Well I might be on my way...the test strip was positive. But, it wasn't a whole lot, so it could just be a minor leak. Time will tell. I have a regular prenatal tomorrow afternoon...or I could be in labor tomorrow afternoon...or it could be another three weeks, during which time I am not to use public restrooms. Oh my.
#74 of 101 Old 05-25-2006, 09:40 AM

Good luck mama!
#75 of 101 Old 05-25-2006, 10:57 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well, I have been feeling nauseated for the past 3 days or so and having lots o' B-H I think my body is warming up!

I am 37W 3D

There are still a few major things I need to do though and I have a feeling that after I get those done, I will be *ready.* And dh and I are going to start "DTD" daily We were hoping to start Tuesday, but have justbeen too dang tired~!

lots o' love mamas!

homeschooling, earth loving Mama to 3 crazy, wonderful boys, ages 10 & 7, & 3 mos.,3 spirit babies                                Inch by inch, row by row.  Gonna make this garden grow  
#76 of 101 Old 05-25-2006, 12:13 PM

I'm pretty sure I have 3 weeks left. I can just feel it! I havent' reached that breaking point yet The only time I am having contractions or any discomfort is after dtd
#77 of 101 Old 05-25-2006, 12:14 PM

geek girl~how go's the impending labor? any new developments?

I've been having some doozy of ctxns and hopefully they're doing something, cuz they sure hurt!! Im hoping to go to my next appt. next week and he'll say "hey, you'er 2-3cm!!" doesn't hurt to hope does it?
#78 of 101 Old 05-25-2006, 12:20 PM

I think this is it for me, mamas! I've been having regular ctxns since last night. I told DH as we were getting ready for bed, "It is going to be soon, maybe Friday or Saturday."

Both my first and second were born on the new moon, and the new moon is Friday night!

So, I've got some last minute cleaning to do. Anything else anyone recommends? I need to pick up recharge, olive oil (for the compresses), arnica, and motherwort tincture... I think that's it!

For now, I am going to get some sleep

#79 of 101 Old 05-25-2006, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cymbeline
I think this is it for me, mamas! I've been having regular ctxns since last night. I told DH as we were getting ready for bed, "It is going to be soon, maybe Friday or Saturday."

Both my first and second were born on the new moon, and the new moon is Friday night!

So, I've got some last minute cleaning to do. Anything else anyone recommends? I need to pick up recharge, olive oil (for the compresses), arnica, and motherwort tincture... I think that's it!

For now, I am going to get some sleep
I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!

Seriously?
#80 of 101 Old 05-25-2006, 12:34 PM

Good luck mama. Rest up and have someone else go get the last minute stuff!
#81 of 101 Old 05-25-2006, 01:14 PM

Well I slept about 6 hours after the mw left and have been having some light, irregular contractions...this could be an interesting long weekend. Still early to tell.

Good luck, cymbeline!
#82 of 101 Old 05-25-2006, 02:49 PM

Quote:
I am so glad things are moving slowly for you. With my first, my water broke and the next thing I knew a monster ctxn hit me like a frieght train. Then another, and another. It was awful. I hope you experience a peaceful and gentle labor!!

That's EXACTLY what happened to me... and why I'm so scared to go into labor now. Everytime the baby moves while I'm sleeping I jerk awake in a panic thinking my water broke and I'm about to be hit with the big ones.

I went into labor AGAIN last night, 4th time in a week. I was SO sure this was it. Dh filled the birth tub, we put dd to bed for a little rest expecting we'd be waking her up soon. As scared as I am to go into labor I have to admit I was sad to wake up this morning without a baby. Dh wanted to DTD to get things going, but I was so scared my water would break and I'd go into crazy pain and I was doing so well with the way I was handling contractions. Maybe tonight I'll get brave and DTD, kind of hard to get into it when you're having a panic attack though! But I want my baby!

Holly, eternally in love partners.gif with Kolby, Raising Juelie Anise (10y), Behnjamin Shen (6y), and Coen Syaoran (4y). Expecting June 2013 2ndtri.gif

#83 of 101 Old 05-25-2006, 06:07 PM

Gee, listening to all this is making me jealous. I'm not showing ANY signs of labour, but I sure am miserable. This last week has been the toughest of the whole pregnancy. But I guess I shouldn't complain too much, I'm only 37 weeks! We can't all be early!

Heidi mum to Isaac (06/06), Matea (04/08), and Naomi (04/10)
#84 of 101 Old 05-25-2006, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grace's voice
That's EXACTLY what happened to me... and why I'm so scared to go into labor now. Everytime the baby moves while I'm sleeping I jerk awake in a panic thinking my water broke and I'm about to be hit with the big ones.
If it makes you feel any better, my water didn't break with my 2nd. It was a nice, slow labor until my mw broke the bag at 8cm (and then there were those HUGE nasty ctxns again! at least I pushed him out in 20min : )

Things are moving slowly here again. The ctxns are strong enough that I can't sleep through them, but I've been trying to nap on and off all day. I'm hesitating climbing in the bath because I don't really want it to crawl to a stop.

DH is taking care of the last minute details and I am secretly hoping that things will pick up speed tonight after the kids are in bed. I told DH I think it will be tomorrow, but might be Sunday... Thank goodness things are moving slower this time!

#85 of 101 Old 05-25-2006, 06:25 PM

Quote:
If it makes you feel any better, my water didn't break with my 2nd. It was a nice, slow labor until my mw broke the bag at 8cm (and then there were those HUGE nasty ctxns again! at least I pushed him out in 20min : )

Things are moving slowly here again. The ctxns are strong enough that I can't sleep through them, but I've been trying to nap on and off all day. I'm hesitating climbing in the bath because I don't really want it to crawl to a stop.

DH is taking care of the last minute details and I am secretly hoping that things will pick up speed tonight after the kids are in bed. I told DH I think it will be tomorrow, but might be Sunday... Thank goodness things are moving slower this time!

Thanks! I keep wondering if this one will be less... uhh... violent? (What a horrible word, shame on me!)

I wished for a slower labor with this one, and I've been in labor off and on all week. I don't know if this is a good thing or a lesson to be careful what I wish for! I've had moments when I almost (but not quite) wish it would happen like last time just because I want this baby out of me! On the upside, at least those crazy hard contractions don't last too long.

Holly, eternally in love partners.gif with Kolby, Raising Juelie Anise (10y), Behnjamin Shen (6y), and Coen Syaoran (4y). Expecting June 2013 2ndtri.gif

#86 of 101 Old 05-25-2006, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter

This is the first pregnancy where I have had NO early labor stuff. Nothing. I started way early with my other kids, and they all came about 8 weeks AFTER the labor stuff started. I am just about 37 weeks now, if nothing starts up does that mean I have at least 8 weeks to go?? Oh, I will die. I only started to feel crappy yesterday, but ok, I am ready!

~C~
#87 of 101 Old 05-25-2006, 08:37 PM

I've never had anything happen before going into labor - with either boy and what seems to be with this one too. Currently I'm about 2 cm, which is how far I get before labor kicks in. With ds#1, I lost my plug in labor and my water broke at about 5 or 6 cm. With ds#2, I never lost my plug (well, that I can remember) and my water was intact at 10 cm. So, I just am playing the waiting game. Last night I had a horrible night with acid reflux, burning throat, coughing, and throwing up and I kept telling the baby, "You can come out now ... really, we are completely ready for you to be born ... it's okay to come now." I only have 1 week but the fear of 7 more nights like last night freak me out more than anything to do with l&d.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#88 of 101 Old 05-26-2006, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolenta
Gee, listening to all this is making me jealous. I'm not showing ANY signs of labour, but I sure am miserable. This last week has been the toughest of the whole pregnancy. But I guess I shouldn't complain too much, I'm only 37 weeks! We can't all be early!
Ditto. Nothing going on here, other than me being very crabby, crying at the drop of a hat, and having no patience for anything. Can't wait to get this over with. I think I am going to have to stop working a few days earlier than planned, I just can't deal with anything anymore.
#89 of 101 Old 05-26-2006, 02:25 PM

So, last night I got a "trial" run. : Contractions were 10-20 minutes apart, achy/sore lower back, diarrhea ... just like it started with both boys. I couldn't sleep and finally woke dh at 4am just to give him the heads-up. He freaked out (he's a teacher and hasn't finished sub plans for the week following the 2nd - my due date), got the furniture moved over in the bedroom and set up the pool, and then went into work at the litral crack of dawn to get ready. I finally fall asleep at 5am, wake at 9:30, and POOF, the contrations are GONE. So, I'm back in the waiting game ... with both boys, labor started like that, progressed, and then they were born ... nice and easy. So, I'm going to get all the laundry put away today and take care of a little cleaning that I wanted done, and hope that the baby is still going to make his/her appearance SOON.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#90 of 101 Old 05-26-2006, 04:57 PM

Same here -- with my first I had very little prelabor signs. I basically woke up feeling fine one morning and then at 10 am started having contrax. Started loosing mucus plug at 1pm then at 3pm was 8cm!! Crazy!

I've been feeling more this time... guess maybe I'll have the baby within a week? I don't want to get too excited/anxious when it could still be a while.

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page