Who is next??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 101 Old 05-20-2006, 09:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ok, I am itching for another June baby!! It is time, some of you must be at 38 weeks now.

I am just about at 36 weeks, and I had my one daughter at 36 weeks 4 days. Of course, my other daughter was 42 weeks, but we aren't thinking about that one.

My boys have seemed to run pretty much around 40 weeks...so I have a feeling I am going to mid-June.

Someone go......maybe if someone goes first everyone will go, you know, like at a buffet line...

~C~
#2 of 101 Old 05-20-2006, 09:51 AM

Laugh! Everyone in my family seems to think we'll be going soon. I don't think that will be the case though. We still have about 5 weeks to go! Somedays I wish I only had a couple weeks left and she was almost here instead of a few weeks left.
#3 of 101 Old 05-20-2006, 09:56 AM

I'll be 38 weeks on Wednesday! I'm ready. I have been having really weird dreams and have been really emotional
#4 of 101 Old 05-20-2006, 11:04 AM - Thread Starter

Ok, you can start the buffett....

~C~
#5 of 101 Old 05-20-2006, 11:27 AM

I don't think it'll be me, unfortunately....I would love to have this baby early but I tend to go right to 40 weeks, give or take only a day or two. Oh well....so I'm 36 weeks, I could still have an entire month more to wait!! So I'll be with you in mid-June, Caroline, most likely! Ugh. I can't complain though, I feel great and I'm not having any problems or anything - I am just impatient to finally meet this little guy!!! Fortunately the next few weeks are jam-packed with things going on, so while I won't have much time to rest, hopefully I won't have time to obsess too much either

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

#6 of 101 Old 05-20-2006, 12:20 PM

I'll be 38 weeks in about 3-4 days. My official due date is June 5. My son was born right at 40 weeks (ON his due date!), but i've been waaay more active this pregnancy and I'm still nursing him 3-4x a day. Apparently that's a good way to get labor started, so we'll see. I'm thinking maybe memorial day weekend??

Oh, and coco4cloth -- same here. I've beeen having bizarre dreams, can't hardly sleep, and very emotional.

I've been wondering when we'll see another June baby as well!!

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#7 of 101 Old 05-20-2006, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

BundleFish... think we have the same due date anyway. I have been given two, June 19th and June 20th. Too bad we are not at the same hospital!!

~C~
#8 of 101 Old 05-20-2006, 12:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustineM
I'm thinking maybe memorial day weekend??

That would be a great weekend....you could always celebrate the baby's birthday on the three-day weekend!!

~C~
#9 of 101 Old 05-20-2006, 12:56 PM

I'm 38w2d, and I feel like I could go anytime, but it probably won't happen.
#10 of 101 Old 05-20-2006, 01:07 PM

I'm 37wks today according to my June 10 due date (LMP) I had to get an ultrasound a while back which gave me a due date of June 6 so that would mean I'd be almost 38wks now. (Like 4 days *really* matters anyways) I'm measuring 39-40cm already but no dialation which is think it because the baby has been breech. (Although I think s/he has turned around, at least part way. We'll see @ my app. on Tues. ) I have a hunch that I'll go before my June 10 due date so, we will see! I DOUBT I'll be the next to go though...so I'll just get in line. DD was born @ 40wks3-4days.
#11 of 101 Old 05-20-2006, 01:42 PM

I go off bedrest on Wednesday, and DH insists we're going to, you know, do a whole lot of what couples do to get things moving. Could it be me?!!

:

Holly, eternally in love partners.gif with Kolby, Raising Juelie Anise (10y), Behnjamin Shen (6y), and Coen Syaoran (4y). Expecting June 2013 2ndtri.gif

#12 of 101 Old 05-20-2006, 02:16 PM

I have a feeling I will have this baby around June 14th. My first two were 41 weeks exactly. I'm trying not to think about it. How much more can a women clean I was scrubbing the floors today. I can't keep up with this house.
#13 of 101 Old 05-20-2006, 02:21 PM

I'm 38 weeks and 1 day ... though I'd be shocked if this babe came before (or actually after) my due date of June 2. Ds#1 was 2 days early (but on time according to 1 u/s if I remember correctly - we had a few done because of a low-lying placenta). Ds#2 was right on his due date (Thanksgiving day of that year!). So, I'm thinking this one will be between June 1 and June 3 ... but early would be nice.

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#14 of 101 Old 05-20-2006, 03:31 PM

Perhaps it will be me? I am due 6/7 (I am 37 w, 3 days), but each baby has come just a little earlier. Last oen was 10 days early so I am expecting a slightly earlier baby this time as well. All along I have said the 26th or the 28th of May but after my appointments this week and hearing about how low this baby is, I'm not so sure. I do think she will be here within about 8 days or so though. Guess I just need to get it right in my head and finish all of the little last minute details so that I will feel like she can come at any time.

Dh is eager for some "couple time," but I just cannot until I feel like I am ready for her birth. With ds, we had sex and then I started having bloody show and labor by early am. Need to keep him away for a few more days!

Nichole, mama to 6 blue-eyed babies, LCCE, doula, apprentice mw
#15 of 101 Old 05-20-2006, 03:55 PM

doulanichole. We're in the same boat.

I'll be 37 weeks this Tues. and everyone seems to think I'll go early again like I did with Qualia. (She was born a couple days past 38 weeks.) I've been freaking out about getting everything ready just in case this little guy decides to come early, too. I think dh got the "message" because he's home cleaning up a storm today!
#16 of 101 Old 05-20-2006, 05:12 PM

You know, I was JUST thinking this yesterday as I checked the board again in the afternoon, hoping to see another welcome baby post..I was thinking our mamas who are due in early June are awfully close and somebody has to be going soon.

I was given June 21 as my due date, but then they changed it to June 27 at my first ultrasound; personally, I don't think that's right, based on my LMP and the fertility/ovulation signs I had in Sept. For some reason, the date June 23 keeps coming into my head, so we'll see. It feels like an eternity to wat, but I suppose it's been 35 weeks already, what's another 5? DS was born ON his due date (I know, not the norm, but it was spontaneous labor!) so we'll see what this babe does.

Oh, and as far as "couple time", since we're pretty sure I got the baby turned from breech recently, DH said he doesn't want to 'ruin' anything, so he won't come near me with a 10-foot pole!

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#17 of 101 Old 05-20-2006, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donosmommy04
DH said he doesn't want to 'ruin' anything, so he won't come near me with a 10-foot pole!

10 feet huh?? Interesting.....

~C~
#18 of 101 Old 05-20-2006, 06:58 PM

I'm 37w today, and feeling a little anxious! I'm having the weirdest sensations, not at all like the ctxn's I've been having for weeks. LOTS of cervical twinges and tickles. The baby is very active. And I have this sudden burst of energy--just went around and cleaned and got all the supplies ready. Maybe this is just more practice

#2 was 11 days early, and I had been thinking May 28, but I guess it could be any day now!

Mom to : DS1 (11), DS2 (8), DD3 (4), : DS4 (1), and : : :
#19 of 101 Old 05-20-2006, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline248
10 feet huh?? Interesting.....

Oh, that was funny!

Unfortunately, to me, sex right now could not sound more unappealing...
#20 of 101 Old 05-20-2006, 09:37 PM

I'm 37.3 weeks... but hoping to not go too early. I'm working till39 weeks, and would like a week off to relax. I know I know... I'm stupid for working that late!

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#21 of 101 Old 05-20-2006, 10:05 PM
Banned

God I hope I'm next... I'm SOOO ready to have this baby!!!
#22 of 101 Old 05-20-2006, 11:17 PM

Weeeeelllll, there is this little voice inside my head telling me our "June Bug" may be a "May bug" and I am 2 cm dilated as of Wednesday ... but I walked around 2 cm dilated for what seemed like weeks with Boo Girl ... so I'll probably end up being one of those 42 weekers

But, as PUPPP is still driving me totally crazy: I will totally volunteer to go next

Isn't this getting exciting, mamas? We're all getting SO close!

knit.gifKara~ Rockin' Granola wife to Christopher and mama to J (Nov. '01), M (June '06), L (May '08) and stork-girl.gif (edd 8/3/11)
2011:  a year to Make Do, Do Without, or Do It Ourselves 
#23 of 101 Old 05-20-2006, 11:31 PM

Oh I hope it isn't me! I'm 35 weeks right now so I'd really like her to bake a bit longer. And besides DH still has a nice looooooong list of things to do first.

I have had a lot of twinges and crampy pains this afternoon. I think I overdid it a bit earlier today. A friend and I did a small garage sale. I think I moved a few too many heavy bins around. And it got really hot the last hour, I should have been drinking more water. We were both sitting in the shade and chatting and bam it kind of hit both of us suddenly. "Its hot!!"

I took a long shower when I got home... DH came and sudsed me up and washed my hair. Of course he was also interested in a little (cough, cough) but I feel like I've been kicked squarely by a mule. So much for the round ligament not bothering me very much lately. : I know he's a little bit put out, especially since he's been gone for 10+ days and was hoping for a little...

I'm contemplating a glass of wine and a tub full of water. Maybe if I get a little bit of a backrub, I'll make him happy.
#24 of 101 Old 05-20-2006, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cymbeline
I'm 37w today, and feeling a little anxious! I'm having the weirdest sensations, not at all like the ctxn's I've been having for weeks. LOTS of cervical twinges and tickles. The baby is very active. And I have this sudden burst of energy--just went around and cleaned and got all the supplies ready. Maybe this is just more practice

#2 was 11 days early, and I had been thinking May 28, but I guess it could be any day now!
My mom says when you have a burst of energy the baby is coming very soon! Maybe you're next. My mom had four babies so she knows a thing or two about labor!

Can't wait to see who is next!!
#25 of 101 Old 05-21-2006, 01:08 AM

I have to wait until 37w (Wednesday after this coming one) to be allowed to birth at the birth center. But, after that... I seriously hope it's not too long.

I've just decided in the past 3 or so days that I am SO done with this. Everything hurts. I've got this awful problem with a tendon or something in my inside right upper thigh and it's making my whole leg go numb. I've had diarrhea for 2 weeks now and it's getting worse... like every 2 hours or so. I had a total panic attack in the car yesterday thinking I was going to go in my pants and I was 5 miles from a bathroom. This kid is flipping around and making me sick to my stomach all the time. It's just... I swear really starting to bother me.

I'm hoping that chasing a toddler is keeping me active enough to get things going this time. And come 10 or so days from now DH is going to be taking orders... I'm not settling for less than three times a day or something crazy like that!
#26 of 101 Old 05-21-2006, 01:49 PM

LisaP I really hope your mom is WRONG I have so much energy lately... nesting like crazy.... lots of deep cleaning and organizing... yard work, etc... but I just want a couple more weeks before baby comes. I'd really like to get some more stuff done, that I know WON'T get done after. Besides, i want this babe to gain a little more weight!

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

#27 of 101 Old 05-21-2006, 01:52 PM

Well dh (who baby will be named after) was due June 9 (our EDD) and he was born May 26 (this coming Friday which would put me at 38w exactly) - so his sister is actually flying in from NYC that day she's so convinced he'll be born...

We'll see. DD1 was an induction at 35 weeks b/c I had toxemia. DD2 was an induction and born on her due date. DD3 was natural and came the day after her due date.

*I* think it will NOT be me, but I guess ya never know...it would be kinda cool to have dh and our first boy not only have the same name, same due date but also the same birthday - but I'd also rather wait. June 10 sounds lovely. (don't ask me why - that's just my 'feeling')

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

#28 of 101 Old 05-21-2006, 03:24 PM

I had another night of contractions last night. 8 hours of painful suckers every 2-4 minutes (I'm timing on a digital clock, no stop watch).

Still, no baby. We got the birth tub set up yesterday but my mw still wants us to keep the baby in until at least Wednesday... I'm trying! Little bugger just wants to come out!

Suddenly, I'm terrified to give birth. Now that the pain is getting more intense, its all coming back to me. I was seriously panicing last night, shaking like crazy because I was so scared to go into labor. This is not good. I'm the one who is always preaching to other women about how they can do it, why is it that I suddenly can't accept my own insigts? ... I wasn't scared with my first baby.

Holly, eternally in love partners.gif with Kolby, Raising Juelie Anise (10y), Behnjamin Shen (6y), and Coen Syaoran (4y). Expecting June 2013 2ndtri.gif

#29 of 101 Old 05-21-2006, 09:16 PM - Thread Starter

Holly - You weren't scared with your first baby because you had no idea what was going to happen!!

I think the first time around, you are more in that "It will be roses and sweetness and I will be so calm and focused.."...and then you do it. I am much more scared this time around because I had pitocin last time. Maybe the fear is what is stopping you from having a productive time of the cntrxs?

I am sorry it has been stressful...but you did it before! YOu can do it again and you will be awesome!

~C~
#30 of 101 Old 05-21-2006, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiromama
I have so much energy lately... nesting like crazy.... !
I had a burst today!
Never turn a pregnant woman loose with a pair of garden shears!

I hacked up everything in sight and potted some plants too!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page