Braxton Hicks... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-22-2006, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else having terrible braxton hicks? Mine are terrible!!! They dont really hurt per say... but boy are they irritating!! We are moving into our house a week from today and I have a ton of things to pack... yet I have to keep stopping due to these dang BH. I called my doctor's office and was making sure they weren't hurting anything and she said nope... but to take it easy... :

I'm hoping maybe this move causes some contractions which puts me in labor... I'm SOOO ready for this baby boy to be here.

Does anyone know if BH will cause you to dilate?
#2 of 3 Old 05-22-2006, 03:01 PM

I get painful ones whenever I take a walk longer than about 10 minutes. Also when I do the dishes, weirdly enough. I got some yesterday when I was out all afternoon that kind of scared me--they grabbed up high, at the top of the uterus, and really hurt, felt like I was going to be sick, too. But they always go away when I rest and drink.

I don't know if they dilate you at all. I think it varies. I do know that they make the uterus stronger which can only be a good thing for labor. My midwives say the best way to not go "late" is to stay active and squat instead of sit as much as possible. So I guess if you're in a hurry, keep being active, just don't overdo it such that you're too tired for labor!
#3 of 3 Old 05-23-2006, 02:02 AM

I can soo relate to being done! This pregnancy has been nothing but stress and its only getting worse. Ive been having the bh off and on the past two days...and of course im supposed to be on bedrest...ha! like thats gonna happen. My blood pressure has been up so Im sooo hoping he will induce by this weekend. As horrible as it sounds I want this kid out! I have total mixed feelings about it, but its like the sooner the better. Im such a bad mommy

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page