The Move - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-22-2006, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
This weekend I moved to another city (only 50 miles away). Thank whatever cosmic god/diety/power is out there that my family thinks I rock. My dad got a couple of his work buddies to help out. Three railroaders and a horse trailer and we had about 90% of the work done in less then 6 hours. Then we got most of the rest packed and back into new town for the night. My mom got here around supper and we crashed at a motel. Yesterday, we finished the second load and then my mom and I got the rest.

Well, I was supposed to get the last load alone, but it was a lot more then we thought. And my dad nearly killed my aloe and I hadn't slept well and it was hot and humid. My mom and I almost got heat stroke (feeling nauseous and over-hot). So, I ended up sitting in the closet bawling my eyes out because I was sure that I was going to end up killing myself trying to get the last load by myself, not to mention all the unpacking and everything, all by myself.

My mom stayed the night at my place so she could help and I was just a total wreck. I kept getting mad about how things were done and because I couldn't find anything.

Now, I almost NEVER break down. I'm the one who hits a wall and looks for the way over/around it, so I'm blaming the heat, stress and humidity on top of my hormones and achy body. Thankfully, I think my mom mostly understood.

And today is my last two-week DA. Next week, I start every week. I am so tired and swollen and everything that my mom thinks I'm going to go early. She says I'm not going to survive another month. As if I get a say in this, right?

My mom is also convinced that my swollen feet are a sign of pre-eclampsia. I told her, my bp is normal and I haven't had any unusual symptoms, so it was likely just regular swelling. It just seems severe because I've broken one or another of my legs three times and had stress fractures in my feet, so they tend to swell worse anyways.Ermm

I guess I get to talk to my Dr about this at my appointment. I wonder if I've lost weight again. I don't feel like I'm eating enough, but that isn't really a good way to tell. I've only lost a couple pounds, once, but I don't want to get this far and have a problem... 30 days left as of tomorrow!!

Check out my business, Pangaia Metaphysical Store, and radio blog, Pagan Musings.
I'm a witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a heathen homemaker daddy.

#2 of 2 Old 05-22-2006, 04:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Glad you made it!

Helpful parents can surely be a blessing and a curse.

Hang in there!

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page