Dear baby: if you don't come out soon, you'll be fatherless... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 05-23-2006, 10:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I swear. In the interest of marital loyalty, I won't list the details, but if he tells me how tired he is one more time there will be bloodshed. Here's an idea, dear...you pick up a 20-lb weight now and carry it around until September. THEN we'll talk about tired. :
#2 of 15 Old 05-23-2006, 10:56 AM
Banned

My husband says how tired he is all the time and then looks at me like whoops...

I guess that may have something to do with the mean go to hell look I shoot him as soon as he utters the words out of his mouth!!

I ask him every day if he wants to try carrying this child? Boo Hoo, he had to work 12 hours in one day... I've had to carry this baby around for 9 months!!

I feel your pain sweetie!! Hang in there... It will get better soon!!
#3 of 15 Old 05-23-2006, 10:59 AM

Eek... I know what you mean. Mine complains his back hurts all the time. I would just love to get him pregnant and show him what back pain really is. It's a shame he will never know the struggle it is just to roll over at night.
#4 of 15 Old 05-23-2006, 11:41 AM

Amen mama's. My dh woke up the other morning complaining about how sore he was from playing hockey the other night.: I looked at him and said you have got to be kiddding me. I don't want to hear anymore of your complaints. Try having heartburn, sore back, things hanging out your ass, pressure inbetween your legs, peeing allllll night long, etc. You can then come cry to me when you feel all of that.
#5 of 15 Old 05-23-2006, 12:25 PM

Yeah. What is wrong with these men. Mine will also complain he is too tired after working all day. Well guess what? try carrying a baby for nine months, ALSO working all day (40 hrs/wk and still working) and taking care of a toddler too. Geesh give me a break!

Mama to Alexis 8/1/03 and expecting baby Dylan 6/22/06
#6 of 15 Old 05-23-2006, 12:45 PM

Dh and I have this baby carrying conversation often. By my own choice, I have always done everything for Emma. Now it's hard to get her in and out of her carseat in our tiny car. I ask him to get her when I just feel like it's too much which is often now. He says something like I carried her last time. And then I say something like thten you can carry this one and I'll get her. He uses makes some smart allecky comment to lighten it up but he gets her out.

Jessica, mama to Emma, 7, Mattie, 5.5 and Lilly, 3 and someone new this Halloween-ish.

#7 of 15 Old 05-23-2006, 01:07 PM
Banned

Men just have no clue..... oooooooohhhhhhh the day when they can let men carry these babies...
#8 of 15 Old 05-23-2006, 03:11 PM

Mine usually is too tired after 9 hours of work to even talk to me. Hey, I've been by myself all day and it would be nice to have some grown-up conversations! Obviously talking to me is extremely exhausting....
#9 of 15 Old 05-23-2006, 06:25 PM

Okay so is it part of the male genetic code... foot in mouth disease??

I swear if I hear how "tired" he is ONE MORE TIME... he's a dead man.

Long rant to follow:
Okay so he's been out of town for 10+ days, so it was just Me doing all parenting duties. No breaks for me unless you call being alone at midnight. So he's suppose to be back last Friday night but he was on a standby flight... he finally got home at 5am on Saturday. Apparently they bumped him and a bunch of other people but decided to do another flight (Dallas to Austin) so he got into the airport at like 1am. Then he had to wait for a cab to pick him up. Finally the cab arrives and he goes to get his car from work... and he's got a flat. Now this is the tire thats been losing air for months and is the SPARE because the rim on that wheel was bent and he can't decide if he's going to fix it or buy a whole set of rims. (I don't CARE just make a decision!!). So he had to pump the tire up with his bicycle pump. Okay part of me feels bad but a lot of me feels like "well??? you are surprised??" Saturday morning I had a garage sale to go to (I was selling some stuff and helping a friend out), its been planned for over a month. I wake him at 9am to ask him "can you watch the kids or do I need to take them with me". He mumbles and gets up to "watch" the kids... apparantly that means sleep on the couch while they create havic and destruction through out the house for 3+ hours. I get back from the garage sale wiped out (it was hot) and he goes back to sleep because he's so "tired". Guess who got to clean up the mess... Saturday night he decides he has to go and get dog food (right as it was bedtime . He was gone for almost 2 hours! I swear he can't shop fast to save his life. He gets home and a friend of his calls and invites him over to have a couple of beers (other side of the neighborhood) with another friend of theirs. "I'll only be gone a couple of hours since its almost 11pm now". Yeah right, its *never* just a couple of hours... He got home at 5:30AM!!

Guess who was "tired" again all day Sunday. : He sat around on the couch all day when he wasn't asleep. : :

Monday he's late getting home from work, finally calls me to say I'll be there in 10 minutes. Good because dinner was almost ready... he got home 45+ minutes later. Again with the tire!! He also mentioned to me on the phone that he's been invited to a softball game that evening and they are trying to get him to signup and play with them... okay... so you whined all last week about how you missed everybody but you've decided to go out every night practically since you got home... : So he finally gets home and says "I've got to get that tired fixed", eats dinner and then leaves to get the tire fixed (again right at bedtime : ). Almost two hours later he calls and mentions that he's at the softball game. Nice of him to mention that he was still going. : : He finally got home about 1:30am. Tried to tell me he got home at almost midnight... uh no honey I heard your car alarm beep and it woke me up. I looked at the clock and it was 1:30AM!!

I have no more sympathy for him "being tired". If he wants to be #*%)(@& and stay out late!!

Okay I'm sorry to hijack this thread but I just had to get that out.
#10 of 15 Old 05-23-2006, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

S'okay...I think most of us experience the "disappearing husband" phenomenon now and then. I decided about half an hour ago that I'm going to go spend $55 on a prenatal pedicure tomorrow afternoon. Phooey on 'em.
#11 of 15 Old 05-24-2006, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnymoose
S'okay...I think most of us experience the "disappearing husband" phenomenon now and then. I decided about half an hour ago that I'm going to go spend $55 on a prenatal pedicure tomorrow afternoon. Phooey on 'em.
Spending money always makes me feel better when I'm upset with dh-and even when I'm not!! Dh is really pretty good about helping with dd but he makes as much of a mess around the house as she does so that isn't any help! At least she has the excuse of being a 1 yr old! He knocked over a bottle of milk in the fridge this morning so cleaning that was the first thing I had to do this morning.: I am thinking about going out looking for a dishwasher now. I also want a recliner just for me. I guess I have a lot of shopping to do!!

Me : DD 5/05: DS1 7/06 : DS2 11/07: DS3 3/10
#12 of 15 Old 05-24-2006, 08:18 PM

Same here! I spent some money on a wrap and a mei tai. He is building a deck for the past 3 weeks (well, on the weekends of course) and left me to deal with a toddler and my ever-growing belly all by myself (no diaper change, no bathing, nothing). And then he tells me how tired he is :

Does he see his wife on all fours collecting toys from the floor? I decided to go on all fours a while back, it's easier than bending down all the time and the living room has a nice carpet... if we could see it

Well, my in-laws arrived on Monday and she has already cooked, cleaned, folded laundry... she even likes to iron!!! Guess I am lucky after all

So, in order to keep her I will forgo strangling her dear son! Isn't he lucky...
#13 of 15 Old 05-26-2006, 02:12 PM

Luckily, mine's not too bad. He knows 'the look' when he mentions how tired he is. Granted, he probably is as he's very helpful with DS1 after coming home from work. OTOH, laundry, tidying and cleaning (ha!) still await me when they're playing.
Quote:
Well, my in-laws arrived on Monday and she has already cooked, cleaned, folded laundry... she even likes to iron!!! Guess I am lucky after all

So, in order to keep her I will forgo strangling her dear son! Isn't he lucky...
Mine are coming from England on the 30th for a month. Your MIL sounds just like mine, except it's FIL who cooks...and I love them dearly. I simply cannot wait for them to get here!
#14 of 15 Old 05-26-2006, 07:14 PM

I am mad jelious of the helpful in-laws, I cant stand my MIL and dont even want her around after the baby gets here. I have a computer gaming addicted man who is taking lots of time off from work to "help" me out befoer this baby gets here, but he spends most of the time onthe computer playing his game. I had to take MIL grocery shopping, did a little myself, I was gone from 10am until about 1:30 and could he even get one load of laundry done? Nope! that would take time from the precious game...said he would do the dishes, they are still there. He has a van full of garbage to take to the dump that could have been done today and one of our man-eating couches needs to go bye-bye. So I think, like one of the PP, I deserve something special like a recliner or a really nice pedicure hell I will take both. Also DH comes home from work, plays his game until just before bed (with a break for dinner) the as we are headed to bed, bith tired, he ask if he can get a back rub..?/?? WTH I can hardly sit in a chair and be comfortable let alone sit up in bed and rub his back, couldnt he have asked this hours ago when he was sitting up, or get off that damn game and have me rub his back. How about rubbing my back or my neck or my feet, I get somewhat of a rub down if I ask and wait for him to finish his game but nothing much. I want to cry out of frustration sometimes. I am not doing the dam dishes, or finishing the laundry he said he would do it and he gets mad if I step in a do it cause he's taking to long (all day) to get a simple task done. Thats okay I just bought some stretchy pants and shorts and some shirts to finish this pregnancy off with I can last a few days without clothes. He cant!!!
#15 of 15 Old 05-26-2006, 09:49 PM

Oh man....you poor ladies!! You deserve medals!

My DH isn't very bad. He is helpful and watches the kids, when he is home. It is his stupid job that makes it hard. He is a police officer and works nights, so he is sleeping most of the day. He gets up around 2 pm, does what needs to be done around here, and leaves for work around 5 pm. Works 6 pm to 6 am, then starts all over again. He does a lot of home stuff on his days off.

I do know what a PP was saying about going to the neighbors for a "quick" beer. Now that is when I lose my husband..when the men are outside having a few!!! But I don't really mind, I am glad he has the time to relax once in a while. I go to coffee everyweek, so I can't complain. Of course..I take the kids with me (Usually!).

~C~

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page