I've been spending so much time complaining about the BH ctxns, the pelvic dystocia, the sciatica, having to pee every ten minutes, having no appetite, having too much of an appetite, feeling nauseaus, feeling tired, having insomnia, having no patience, having allergies, and PUPPPS, and interstitial cystitis... I decided I really need to start practicing an attitude of gratitude!
So, here goes:
- Our new king-sized mattress arrives tomorrow. Hooray for having enough room to family bed with all 5!
- I have a freezer FULL TO THE BRIM with food for before/during/after the baby arrives.
- Both my kids have been coping with a grumpy, immobile mama SO well, they both rock.
- My hublet has been a knight in shining armour, arranging for sitter care in the afternoons so I can have a break and getting me anything I need when he is here so I can rest on the couch or in bed. He is da man.
- My mw this time around is comfortable with waterbirthing, something I had wanted to do with both my previous labors. Knock on wood that we'll be able to get the tub set up quickly!
- Everything is pretty much ready, from the birth kit to the towels and linens to all of Ellie's clothes and diapers folded and on the shelves. I think the only thing missing is a nice, big bottle of Recharge for during/after!
- I was actually down two pounds at my last visit on Tuesday! Sounds silly, but I was about to tip the scales over both my last two pregnancies and I wasn't feeling very happy about that. I feel a little bit more energy without those two lbs, LOL
- I had an incredible baby shower and feel so blessed to have a support system here in town of loving friends.
- I am so grateful for MDC! Being in bed these last few weeks has made me a compulsive refresher, and there's always some interesting conversation happening here!