Anyone else find themselves in denial? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 05-25-2006, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have days where it really hasn't set in that I am going to have another baby. Maybe it's because I'm so busy with the other 2! It's all becoming so real. Ok I'm a dork
#2 of 15 Old 05-25-2006, 12:35 PM

No, I'm totally with you. I haven't finished the nursery, packed my bag or written my birth plan. I'm 36 weeks today and I feel like it's just starting to sink in that we're actually going to have another person in our lives soon. What did I think was going on all this time???

Cypress
#3 of 15 Old 05-25-2006, 12:36 PM

Make that two. I feel the same way sometimes. I'll wake up in the morning and look at my belly and say "Oh my God I really am pregnant."

Mama to Alexis 8/1/03 and expecting baby Dylan 6/22/06
#4 of 15 Old 05-25-2006, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2bmommie
Make that two. I feel the same way sometimes. I'll wake up in the morning and look at my belly and say "Oh my God I really am pregnant."
Yes, I do that too.
#5 of 15 Old 05-25-2006, 01:06 PM

I feel that way when I feel him kick and move around. It really dawns on me: there's a real baby in there!

Heidi mum to Isaac (06/06), Matea (04/08), and Naomi (04/10)
#6 of 15 Old 05-25-2006, 01:12 PM

Oh I'm completely in denial. Virtually nothing is done, the house is a wreck, I haven't gone to get the bassinette from my moms house, I just washed up a couple of clothes last night... I think it's much different with the 2nd (3rd etc...) than with the first. I'm so busy with DS1 that I hardly have time or energy to even think about the fact that I'm ridiculously pregnant!
#7 of 15 Old 05-25-2006, 01:13 PM

I'm in total denial. I made a list last night (after my water broke) of reasons why I cannot be in early labor. It was all stuff I planned to do this week.
#8 of 15 Old 05-25-2006, 01:41 PM

I'm not in denial. I'm suddenly realizing just how close I am to having this baby and feel like there's still a bunch to do. I'm finding myself saying, "Just stay in a couple more weeks baby!"
#9 of 15 Old 05-25-2006, 04:21 PM

Totally. Just yesterday I looked at DH and said "oh my God. In a month or less we will have ANOTHER baby here." We both looked at each other completely shocked--as if we hadn't noticed the HUGE belly until just now. Its just oddly difficult to make the connection between pregnancy coming to a close and a new HUMAN BEING in our lives. Very trippy.

Syrinx, Soulmate to Pan, Mama to Zion (5), River (3), Silver (1) and expecting a baby Storm...
#10 of 15 Old 05-25-2006, 04:54 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
It isn't so much that I'm in denial, it's that this experience is totally surreal at this point. Like I know what's going on and what needs to be done, but it doesn't really connect that I'm going to have a baby... Does that make sense?

Check out my business, Pangaia Metaphysical Store, and radio blog, Pagan Musings.
I'm a witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a heathen homemaker daddy.

#11 of 15 Old 05-25-2006, 07:59 PM

I keep having flashes of ... "OMG, I am going to be giving BIRTH soon ... and we are going to have another person in our family!" Maybe it is because my two boys keep me so busy, but sometimes I just kind of forget about being pregnant (not sure how that works at 39 weeks with a big belly). I'm excited about it all, and it sure will be nice to be on the other side of giving birth , but yea, every now and then it's like, "No, this really isn't happening ... really, we're having a baby?!"

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#12 of 15 Old 05-25-2006, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2bmommie

I still have the the in the drawer next to my bed that I look at and just shake my head.

I honestly haven't bonded with this baby at all. I don't have the urge to hold him or anything, I just don't want to be pregnant anymore...I am really praying that it kicks in when he is boen....

~C~
#13 of 15 Old 05-25-2006, 08:25 PM

I am totally excited about having this baby but it freaks me out that I am going to be responsible for another life. I mean I am not totally sure I know what I am doing. I use to think I could care for a kid but now I am not to sure. I have always wanted a baby but I get fleeting thoughts of "No this isnt right its all a dream, I am going to wake up when I go into labor". I am also having very selfish feelings, I dont want my MIL around my baby at all and it makes me want to keep him safe inside me forever, or until we can get her to move somewhere else. I am not ready to have him because I am not ready to share him with her. I know or at least I think I should feel terrible about this but if you knew this woman I think you would feel the same way.
#14 of 15 Old 05-26-2006, 08:57 AM

popping in from to July to say, total denial here!

Kelly, :Mama to Kevin, 10/1/05 & Seth, 7/7/06. ::
#15 of 15 Old 05-26-2006, 12:35 PM

I also feel like I haven't bonded much with this baby. It still seems too overwhelming and I am guilty about not going to be able to have that one on one time with my daughter like I do now.

Although once the baby is born I'm sure I'll just be in love with baby too.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page