So hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 05-30-2006, 07:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ugh..It's been 35*c here for the past 2 days ...with the humidity it's felt like 40*c.. I can't take it..Our apt is horribly hot, it doesn't cool down at night at all. I'm 38 weeks today, and have been having lots of painful contractions the past couple of days..and now i'm constantly sweaty and can't do anything around the house.
Sorry for the whiney post, but no one else around here really understands how i feel, but i figure you ladies would!! They are calling for thunderstorms but i haven't sen any rain yet....oh how i wish it would rain..i'd go stand outside in it..lol

Anyways..how is everyone else doing in the heat??
#2 of 10 Old 05-30-2006, 07:22 PM - Thread Starter

oh ya i meant to complain about people ..strangers commenting on how hot i must be... I went to my midwife appointment today on the bus and people jsut kept going on and on about how hot i must be and how i must be ready to pop and having a HUGE baby....I had to bite my tongue and jsut smile the whole bus ride and every where i went today...grrr
#3 of 10 Old 05-30-2006, 07:23 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Its been nice and comfy here the last week or so but is supposed to heat back up tomorrow, I plan on having the A/C reinstalled this week to survive

Seriously?
#4 of 10 Old 05-30-2006, 08:02 PM

Seattle is still rainy and cold. There's some sun today, I haven't gone out, but I'm willing to bet its a little chilly. Somehow, though, at night I still wake up WET from sweating so bad. No matter how cold it is in the room, I roast, so I can only imagine how uncomfortable you are! Hang in there, almost done being pg... then we'll just have little bunson burner babies attatched to us all summer!

Holly, eternally in love partners.gif with Kolby, Raising Juelie Anise (10y), Behnjamin Shen (6y), and Coen Syaoran (4y). Expecting June 2013 2ndtri.gif

#5 of 10 Old 05-30-2006, 08:54 PM

It's about 80*F here ... fortunately though it's dry and we always get a really nice sea breeze by the afternoon. But still, given this baby is cooking away, I feel warmer. The hard part is having to close all the windows at night, and the house is still registering at about 75* or 76*, and I can't sleep ... I'm thinking, though, only a couple more days (and I have to admit, I was cold most of the pregnancy, so it's nice to at least feel warm again).

Me + dh = heartbeat.gif ds (7/01), ds (11/03), ds (6/06)
and dd born 11/21/10 - our T21 SuperBaby ribbluyel.gif heartbeat.gif
#6 of 10 Old 05-31-2006, 02:28 AM

ChinaCat, it's like that here and the humidity is awful! We don't run our AC cause it's so darn expensive and it's cooler outside than in. UGH!! The cats have destroyed all of our screens and if we open the windows the bugs come in.
#7 of 10 Old 05-31-2006, 08:36 AM

yep, here too. I'm intermittently swelling up like a sausage and turning beet red in the hands, and have to go downstairs where the central air has vents (I WAH in the finished attic, and the central air ducts don't come up here). It always goes away after about a 20-minute rest, so I'mnot getting too worried about it yet.

Up in the attic, windows are open, 3 fans on full blast, and it's still hotter than hades up here. Ugh. Fortunately, after today it's supposed to be about 10 degrees cooler....in the mid 70s - I can handle that...it's this 85+ that is killing me. We're goign to have to figure out something this weekend, because I can't do this all summer with a newborn and toddler up here, no way, and I know it's gonna be above 80-85 at least half the summer days here. It's our first summer in the house, and we knew the attic would be hotter, but had no idea how MUCH hotter. It feels like I've drank more water in the past 3 days than I have in the past 8 months!

It really is miserable though, isn't it?

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
#8 of 10 Old 05-31-2006, 04:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am SO right there with ya! You are not alone I feel bad complaining about it, I am really sick of saying it! It has been in the low 90s here for about 2 weeks now and about 90-100% humidity! and it has kicked my butt! We are trying to keep the a/c on 79 so our bills aren't out of control. I have a fan on me constantly.

And UGG, I hate when people say "you must be so hot," Um, duh, yeah!

homeschooling, earth loving Mama to 3 crazy, wonderful boys, ages 10 & 7, & 3 mos.,3 spirit babies                                Inch by inch, row by row.  Gonna make this garden grow  
#9 of 10 Old 05-31-2006, 04:30 PM

Oh, me too! I'm in SW Ontario, and it just cooled a bit from rain. I've been sweating terribly for the last 4 days. Hot hot hot!!
#10 of 10 Old 05-31-2006, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainsun
I am SO right there with ya! You are not alone I feel bad complaining about it, I am really sick of saying it! It has been in the low 90s here for about 2 weeks now and about 90-100% humidity! and it has kicked my butt! We are trying to keep the a/c on 79 so our bills aren't out of control. I have a fan on me constantly.

And UGG, I hate when people say "you must be so hot," Um, duh, yeah!
I hear ya sister!! Im in MS and its Hot and HUMid!!!! yuck! We keep our air at 75. I can't let it get any warmer than that or I feel like Im gonna melt!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page