Odd feeling... Question - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 05-31-2006, 04:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Okay, I've been reading avidly about the BH ctx and how it "feels". This being my first, I don't really know what it is going to be like.

I've noticed that several times a day, I'll get this feeling like I'm pushing out my stomach (ya know, when you would try to look pg before you were...). It almost feels like the baby moved and it pushing it out, but it's the whole thing. I can trace my uterus on my belly when it happens!

I know that BH are supposed to make your stomach "hard", but I was a belly dancer before this and I tend to have surprising muscles because of it. So, I was thinking that I was just feeling those hidden abs now that I'm all distended, but is it really BH ctx? It doesn't really cycle or anything like that, I just notice it, then later it's gone...

:

Check out my business, Pangaia Metaphysical Store, and radio blog, Pagan Musings.
I'm a witchy mama to DS ('06) and DD ('10) with DH, Stormie, a heathen homemaker daddy.

#2 of 8 Old 05-31-2006, 04:18 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sounds like you could be having some mild ones. Some people can't tell when they're having them, while others (such as myself) feel them the same as early labor contractions for months on end... I'd count myself lucky!

Holly, eternally in love partners.gif with Kolby, Raising Juelie Anise (10y), Behnjamin Shen (6y), and Coen Syaoran (4y). Expecting June 2013 2ndtri.gif

#3 of 8 Old 05-31-2006, 04:21 PM

Sounds like BH's to me!
#4 of 8 Old 05-31-2006, 04:41 PM

Sounds like BH to me, too. Mild, like a hug from the inside or a sit up. With my first, my stomach muscles were also really tight and the first BHs felt a little like I was doing a sit up without trying

Mom to : DS1 (11), DS2 (8), DD3 (4), : DS4 (1), and : : :
#5 of 8 Old 05-31-2006, 04:53 PM

That sounds similar to ones I get. Sometimes if mine are really subtle I will feel for a second like someone is pushing down on my diaphragm or some other internal organ.
#6 of 8 Old 05-31-2006, 05:00 PM

Yep, that's the same way mine feel. Mine feel like the baby is pushing out really hard. But then when I feel my uterus externally it feels like the whole thing is firm. Sometimes I think I don't notice them much, though. I think it's a good thing!

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#7 of 8 Old 05-31-2006, 05:03 PM

You know what's weird, that I've never heard anyone else mention?
I always know when one is coming because I get a tickly, fluttery feeling in my throat... sometimes also in my chest. ... I've always been a little odd though...

Holly, eternally in love partners.gif with Kolby, Raising Juelie Anise (10y), Behnjamin Shen (6y), and Coen Syaoran (4y). Expecting June 2013 2ndtri.gif

#8 of 8 Old 05-31-2006, 05:12 PM

I'll bet the tickly feeling is caused by something similar to my diaphragm feeling, like pressure being put on the organs and squeezing them together or something.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page