chat thread, 6/18-6/24 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-18-2006, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good morning, mamas!

So, anyone have anything fun planned for Father's Day? (Besides possibly having a baby?!)

Quickie post to open the thread, gotta run. Back later to chat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2006, 02:20 PM

Nothing much planned for today. My DH isn't really big on celebrating these types of holidays. Tomorrow someone is taking us out to dinner and we also have some friends coming over. That is, unless we have a baby!

Sometimes when I think about this baby coming, it's like, I can't even picture it anymore. Is that weird? It just feels like it's gonna be in my belly forever or something. It's probably just because I'm 41w1d and I never expected to go this long that now it seems like the day will ever come. I dunno. I only woke up twice last night to pee and drink water. Is that unusual at this stage? Shouldn't I be waking up constantly?! My legs are really sore from all the walking I've been doing. I think today I'm just gonna relax. Or try to!

Oh and at the store yesterday the girl checking me out asked me when I was due and I said, "Last Saturday actually." And she was like, "Oh wow! You're doing pretty good then cause I had my two kids 2 weeks early and...that was ENOUGH for me!!" I was thinking, "Umm, ya. Thanks for rubbing that in for me!"
Old 06-18-2006, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

Qualia made dh a card for Father's Day -- smiley stickers and marker = one messy little girl. He got to sleep in this morning, then I made him popovers for breakfast and he got to open a couple prezzies (some funky silly putty he likes and an earth magnet and black light to make the putty do weird things). We don't really have any traditions for Mother's/Father's Day yet aside from a one-day escape from diaper duty for whoever's day it is. Sleeping in and breakfast seemed like a nice way to go.

I've been keeping busy, hoping to kick in some actual labor. I had 2.5 hours of actual real contractions last night but they petered out. Guess baby bean was making a test run. He was sooooo active in between the contractions. That gives me hope that I won't be pregnant forever. But I'd rather not have contractions that strong and painful again unless they end with me holding a baby!
Old 06-18-2006, 03:46 PM

still here, still HUGE, still thinking birth day thoughts ... the fresh pineapple is amazingly tasty if nothing else

We're having a low key day ... it is my dh's first father's day without his dad (John passed away from cancer last November) and he asked for a quiet day instead of a big deal. I can totally understand that ... though in my heart of hearts I was hoping to be able to put his newborn son in his arms for Father's day

Ecomama I totally get the "this baby will stay in here forever" type of feeling .. and I just passed my due date yesterday. These PUPPPs are part of it for me .... like I'm so anxious for them to be gone that sometimes that is the reason why I'm ready to give birth, you know? I mean, OF COURSE I want to hold my baby, that is a given, but I'm also just so dang sick of being miserable and itchy (and we won't even talk about the fact that I weigh 200 lbs. now)

It is a rainy day here ... maybe the change in air pressure will push this little man of mine along? :

best wishes, mamas and mamas-to-be!

Looking forward to more announcements this week!

knit.gifKara~ Rockin' Granola wife to Christopher and mama to J (Nov. '01), M (June '06), L (May '08) and stork-girl.gif (edd 8/3/11)
2011:  a year to Make Do, Do Without, or Do It Ourselves 
Old 06-18-2006, 05:05 PM

Our plan today is to relax (go for a couple walks!) and hopefully have the babe soon! Since thursday I've had contractions. Friday they went to 8 minutes apart, Sat night they went to 6 minutes apart and we're still at that right now. I'm hoping she decides to come soon. We're very anxious at this point, Huband is more anxious than I am. My belly is horribly itchy off and on. I've used many different things on it and so far not much has worked.

Hoping everyone has a wonderful fathers day!
Old 06-18-2006, 05:27 PM

Still here . still pregnant. Started having contrax this morning at 3 am. but the stopped at 8:30 when i got up to shower and move around. I only have them when in the most uncomfortable position possible... lying down. I get up and walk around, and they stop. I'm sick of advice. I'm sick of being happy and chipper.I am officially joining the ranks of the cranky.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

Old 06-18-2006, 06:19 PM

Someone feel sorry for me. Our digital camera got stolen. We can't afford another one. And right before my due date. It makes me feel like God hates me.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Oh Korin, come on in and join the ranks of the cranky pregnant ladies. I think I am the president today.... the things I have said that I will do to the next person who asks me why this baby isn't born yet.... Korin, if it makes you feel any better, I will be playing some cowbell for you I won't give any advice, but I hope it goes quickly for you here soon and that in no time you will be holding your little one in your arms!

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

Old 06-18-2006, 07:31 PM

: yes, Korin, welcome to the cranky side (and I still say you're a total goddess for not getting cranky until now!)

PapayaPetunia, so sorry about your camera getting stolen! Of all the total rotten timing, too

I was talking to my Mama today and we decided that if Chris and I ever are blessed to be pregnant again we are telling people we're due the month AFTER we actually are. A midwife friend of mine made the suggestion a few weeks ago to just change our answering machine message every day, "hi, you've reached Chris & Kara. No, we haven't had the baby yet" and I have to say, not answering the phone has made things MUCH calmer around here - at least it has taken one more thing off of my big, fat, and bitchy list

I keep packing and re-packing my hospital bag and folding and unfolding baby things.

Simplicity, it sounds like things are moving toward "baby time" will be keeping you and you, too, Korin, in my thoughts today ...

knit.gifKara~ Rockin' Granola wife to Christopher and mama to J (Nov. '01), M (June '06), L (May '08) and stork-girl.gif (edd 8/3/11)
Old 06-18-2006, 07:51 PM

Thanks for the hugs and the welcome cranky preggos! My MWs assistant is coming over soon, and I think we're gonna do some homeopaths to see if we can move things along. I think if my water hadn't broken (and i wasn't 10 days past due) i'd be fine with lettingit progress naturally.... but I'm ready.

Candice, I'm so sorry your camera was stolen that totally sucks.

Mamato Ruby Violet joy.gif(6 with autism) and someone 1sttri.gif who should make him/herself known sometime in the next month.

Old 06-19-2006, 08:20 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia
Someone feel sorry for me. Our digital camera got stolen. We can't afford another one. And right before my due date. It makes me feel like God hates me.
Oh, I'm SO sorry...this is awful. My husband was at True Value Hardware the other day, and they had this ridiculous deal on a digital camera that has a built in memory and a USB cable to send it to the computer...regularly like $80, reduced to 38, and then SLASHED to 6.99 - I swear, I'm not kidding. I guess there was an overstock somewhere, and they grabbed them up - maybe if you have a True Value in your area you could check yours, or like a CVS or something, maybe they have a similar kind of deal going on? I've also had good luck using a disposable camera and having them developed onto a CD, when I forgot mine once on a trip (about $20 total for both).....I know it doesn't take care of the awfulness of having your camera stolen, or the money crunch, but it just popped into my head when you said it...

Poor DH didn't catch a break yesterday on Father's Day, since I'm on modified bedrest he cleaned, cooked, did laundry, and installed a big beach umbrella on our back deck so we can go outside more in the afternoons...least relaxing Father's Day....ever. But, he's a real trooper for not even complaining once, and still taking care of me, too. DS made him a card and picture frame to use at work, and I got him a DVD of a show he likes. That's about it.

I swear if my pelvic joints and ligaments get any looser, I won't be able to walk around. My round ligaments are killing me periodically throughout the day, and the only thing that helps is curling into the fetal position. I'm not past my due date yet, so I don't deserve as much sympathy as you poor mamas who are, but I'm startign to get "the look" from neighbors, and they're asking me every time they see me, "How you feeling?" "No baby yet?" : yeah genius, you figure that one out on your own? WHY don't people get to not mess with a very pregnant woman? Ugh.

Hoping for a VERY relaxing and stress-less week for all of us due late this month, and for peaceful, calm labors SOON for all our overdue mamas!!

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
Old 06-19-2006, 09:13 AM

So, babymoon' June ddc mamas ... how are things going? most of you are probably, rightly so, not spending a lot of time on the computer these days, but those who are dropping in from time to time - what's the scoop? How's life in babyland?

Old 06-19-2006, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnittingKara

So, babymoon' June ddc mamas ... how are things going? most of you are probably, rightly so, not spending a lot of time on the computer these days, but those who are dropping in from time to time - what's the scoop? How's life in babyland?
it! But feel badly coming to brag about baby when so many mamas are miserably waiting, yk? So I just come and for news.

Mikey is my 4th, but first boy and first homebirth. Both great firsts! What's surprised me most is how good my 5yo is with the baby. I thought my 7yo would be my biggest helper, but my 5yo comforts him almost as well as an adult. It's sooooo sweet!!

Blessings on all those waiting for birth!

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

Old 06-19-2006, 01:30 PM

"mildly pre-eclamptic."

Sooo, I'm on evening primrose oil starting today, and have to get hubby to work Midwife was sooo cute, saying, "Remember, it's all about YOU...ummm...you don't even REALLY need him" HA! And she blushed....it was too funny.

I'm 2 cm now, was 1.5 last Thrusday. If I'm 3-4 by Thursday my next appt, she'll sweep me and see if that will help too, but if no natural labor by Friday, they'll want to induce me, cause of the Pre-E. Fiddlesticks. I guess though, either way they'll be a baby by Monday, so that's pretty durned exciting!

PLEASE send some spontaneous labor vibes my way if anyone has any, I really don't want to be induced and/or have another section unless it's dangerous not to.

Sending labor vibes to everyone else who needs them too!!

Heather, WAHM to DS (01/04)DD (06/06). Wed to DH(09/97)
Old 06-19-2006, 01:44 PM

Lauren (my doula/student mw) came over yesterday for a NST. Everything is great. She checked me and I'm still about 2cm, more engaged, and she can now feel baby's head. Last time she couldn't. So, all signs that things are progressing I guess. I didn't have any cntx really at all yesterday. I made a point to lay around and relax all day cause that's one thing I really haven't been doing. Took a nice bath w/ DD, had a couple cups of tea, took a nap. It was nice. My belly is measuring about 41-42. Pretty much the same as last week. Yesterday when Lauren (Whom I love by the way! She is sooo great!) was here she made me realize something...I might have another Cancer baby!!!!! I've been totally just thinking Gemini but shoot...in a few more days it's gonna be Cancer time! How crazy. Maybe this baby is just waiting for that? Maybe s/he is just not mean't to be a Gemini? That would be kinda cool to have 2 babies of the same sign I think. Only time will tell....
Old 06-19-2006, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnittingKara

it's going really good. I too feel bad about coming here to talk about her because i know so many of you are waiting.

let me just say cloth diapering is so much fun oh and co-sleeping is a god sent. we are sleeping from 10 pm to about 7 am w. about one diaper change in between. i'm so in love working on birth story and pics
Old 06-19-2006, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco4cloth
it's going really good. I too feel bad about coming here to talk about her because i know so many of you are waiting.

let me just say cloth diapering is so much fun oh and co-sleeping is a god sent. we are sleeping from 10 pm to about 7 am w. about one diaper change in between. i'm so in love working on birth story and pics
Oh same here! I put him down with the girls most nights around 9-9:30 in the co-sleeper, I go to sleep about 11pm, wake up to nurse at 3am and 5am and change a diaper at one of those times depending and then usually up about 7am for the day.

And the cloth is too cute. I CDed my last two dds, but neither as newborns, it's lovely! He's already pretty much out of the newborn stuff and onto smalls.

Alright, dd3 is begging to play a computer game so I'm off...

WOHM married to SAHD, living the dream w/our: 3 girls (14,12,10) and 3 boys (7,5,3) and tie-breaker due Jan 2014

Old 06-19-2006, 06:59 PM

hugs to ALL the June mamas!

Avery is officially 1 week old and things are going well. DS1 is adjusting amazingly well, exccept for the tandem nursing I thought it would be one big happy nursing fest (yeah, i know) and ds1 looks at me like i have absolutely broken his little heart when I have to put the new babe to the breast when ds1 is nursing.....that is the only hard part, that and ds1 still nurses to sleep (nap and bed) and those times have been a little hard to deal with. So, we are all adjusting - I am not sure I am happy that we are tandeming, but I think I need to give it a little more time to see what happens......
anywho -

homeschooling, earth loving Mama to 3 crazy, wonderful boys, ages 10 & 7, & 3 mos.,3 spirit babies                                Inch by inch, row by row.  Gonna make this garden grow  
Old 06-19-2006, 09:24 PM

Sarah - love your sig pix - especially little Avery in her tie-dye shirt and prefold Tell me this - how do you get your pix from snapfish to link like that? I've never been able to do anything but share albums or pix with specific people by email addy...

LMK, hang in there on the tandem nursing. I've never had to do it, but I've had many friends do it successfully. Do you have the Adventures in Tandem Nursing book? Or do you frequent the BF forums? Hopefully you can get some good support (and commiseration) there!

Old 06-19-2006, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcimom
Sarah - love your sig pix - especially little Avery in her tie-dye shirt and prefold Tell me this - how do you get your pix from snapfish to link like that? I've never been able to do anything but share albums or pix with specific people by email addy...
Yes, please do tell! I've been trying to figure this out for months and want to be able to do it when the baby comes!

Holly, eternally in love partners.gif with Kolby, Raising Juelie Anise (10y), Behnjamin Shen (6y), and Coen Syaoran (4y). Expecting June 2013 2ndtri.gif

Old 06-19-2006, 10:19 PM

I'm not sure if Snapfish works the same way as Shutterfly, but when you share an album in Shutterfly, it sends the email to that person with a link that stays on the page after it's sent. If you cut & paste that link, you can put it in your siggy. Also, if you share the album to your own email, once you click the link and open the window, you can cut & paste that link in the same way.

Here's some pictures from Gabriel's baptism yesterday:
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...4atmPo&notag=1

I had a tough day today. I am alone all week as dh goes into work at 5am and gets home at 5pm. It's his last week of school before they get 2 weeks summer break. It's hard having two, and it's hard keeping them separated. I just don't have the logistics or a 'rhythm' down yet, yk? I turned my back for one second to find Alex trying to pull Gabriel out of his swing. He's not quite old enough to understand yet, so I am going to have to put the swing upstairs and use a baby monitor if I need to put Gabriel in it for a few minutes.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:28 AM

I hope all you mamas out there that are still waiting get to go really soon.
We had Cecilia 11 days ago and life has been a crazy whirlwind ever since. Figuring out nursing, diapering, post partum, and all other first timer things. We took her on her first excursion to a wedding this weekend and there was a pregnant woman there who looked miserable with hugely swollen ankles. All I could say was I was just there last week, and you can do it! What a difference a birth makes. Anyway, I'm so glad to see so many other mamas have given birth recently. Soon enough everyone will be with their babes. Hang in there!!!!
I haven't written a birth story yet, mainly because the birth experience wasn't exactly what dh and I had hoped for. We're happy with the outcome, but the process was a little disappointing.
I'm headed over to the breastfeeding posts now as my little barracuda seems to want to feed constantly!
Old 06-20-2006, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Tell me this - how do you get your pix from snapfish to link like that?
OK, in your siggy, highlight the word that you want to be a link (ie. "Avery").
Click on the "insert link icon." (i think it is the globe w/ a chain link pic).

Then you have to have snapfish open, click on the individual pic in snapfish that you want to show, until that is the only think you see on the screen. Then highlight that URL (in your browser bar (http://blah b;ah b;ah, etc.) and copy it. Flip back to mdc and paste that into the dialog box that appears after you clicked "insert link here"(in your mdc siggy) and paste the photo url there -

i have prol made it sound more difficult then it is but give it a shot!

homeschooling, earth loving Mama to 3 crazy, wonderful boys, ages 10 & 7, & 3 mos.,3 spirit babies                                Inch by inch, row by row.  Gonna make this garden grow  
Old 06-20-2006, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainsun
OK, in your siggy, highlight the word that you want to be a link (ie. "Avery").
Click on the "insert link icon." (i think it is the globe w/ a chain link pic).

Then you have to have snapfish open, click on the individual pic in snapfish that you want to show, until that is the only think you see on the screen. Then highlight that URL (in your browser bar (http://blah b;ah b;ah, etc.) and copy it. Flip back to mdc and paste that into the dialog box that appears after you clicked "insert link here"(in your mdc siggy) and paste the photo url there -

i have prol made it sound more difficult then it is but give it a shot!
Okay - trying now... MIKEY

ok - can anyone else see it? can you view the whole album or just that pic?

Old 06-20-2006, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcimom
Okay - trying now... MIKEY

ok - can anyone else see it? can you view the whole album or just that pic?
WooHoo! You did it, its just the one pic.

Now, I just gotta push this baby out so I can share some pics too!

Holly, eternally in love partners.gif with Kolby, Raising Juelie Anise (10y), Behnjamin Shen (6y), and Coen Syaoran (4y). Expecting June 2013 2ndtri.gif

Old 06-20-2006, 07:26 PM

Stacy - beautiful baptism photo, God bless your little guy! Love how he's looking up at you in that photo.

Our baptism Mass is all set for July 15, I am working on planning the party - now all we need is a BABY!!

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

Old 06-20-2006, 08:07 PM

StayL, mountainsun, mcimom... Your babies are just beautiful!!

Day 10 past my due date. Still pg. I was gonna go out and get some blue and/or black cohosh but have opted not to. I'm gonna keep trusting in God. He knows what's best for this baby and obviously s/he isn't born yet for a reason. So from now on I'm gonna continue walking and stuff but I'm not gonna try anything on my own to induce. I'll just wait until Saturday. If baby doesn't come by then..I'll just see what my mw wants to do because that will put me at 42 weeks.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by papayapetunia
Psst! Over here!
Old 06-20-2006, 08:15 PM

Awww, that's so awesome!!!
Old 06-20-2006, 09:33 PM

ok, so im totally tearing up over the generousity and goodness of others!!! way to go MDC mama!! There are such great mama's on here! Im proud to call y'all my friends

User Tag List